"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on Chapter 25 on Birthright Normal Classic. Should enemies be doing 17 damage (which cleaves most of my units HP in half) to me? It seems I can't leave most of my units in enemy range without having them almost die or die.

It partly depends on which enemies are doing it to which units. It's entirely possible (Azura has only 10 Defense by Level 40, for one, and enemies can have up to 40-50ish ATK by the endgame, depending on route and character type). That being said, if none of your units have over 25/30 DEF it's still kind of normal, average defense in this game is comparatively low. Try using +DEF pair ups to boost your DEF if necessary

Where are the energy drops available on the Nohr route?

1X from shop (It costs a bomb though) available after Chapter 20

Aside from that, to my knowledge, there is 1 Energy Drop in Chapter 18

Mozu can pass down Villager to her daughter or son

Can Mozu pass down Villager to a daughter like Donnel could to a son?

There's a male version of Villager? Huh! Didn't think they'd bother, after Awakening didn't bother with a female version. That's pretty rad.

Thanks!

Mozu does NOT pass down Villager

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I can't find out where I read it, so this is really bothering me, but I remember seeing somewhere a description that suggested that the DLC Class items don't just change a character into a class, but "add it to that character's list of base classes." I'm really hoping to get clarification on this.

So if I were to make Selena a Great Lord, then for some reason Heart/Buddy/Partner Seal her to something else, would a Heart Seal then make Great Lord available again, or is it gone forever once I switch out of it? Thanks to anyone that knows.

It partly depends on which enemies are doing it to which units. It's entirely possible (Azura has only 10 Defense by Level 40, for one, and enemies can have up to 40-50ish ATK by the endgame, depending on route and character type). That being said, if none of your units have over 25/30 DEF it's still kind of normal, average defense in this game is comparatively low. Try using +DEF pair ups to boost your DEF if necessary

1X from shop (It costs a bomb though) available after Chapter 20

Aside from that, to my knowledge, there is 1 Energy Drop in Chapter 18

Mozu does NOT pass down Villager

are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure she does pass down Villager and its promotion to her kid

[spoiler=Mozu!Soleil]6ZO23Av.jpg

Edited by KamuiSama

I can't find out where I read it, so this is really bothering me, but I remember seeing somewhere a description that suggested that the DLC Class items don't just change a character into a class, but "add it to that character's list of base classes." I'm really hoping to get clarification on this.

So if I were to make Selena a Great Lord, then for some reason Heart/Buddy/Partner Seal her to something else, would a Heart Seal then make Great Lord available again, or is it gone forever once I switch out of it? Thanks to anyone that knows.

It's still available even after you switch out of the class.

I'm playing Conquest (at Chapter 16 currently if it matters) and I'm wondering if the three pre-promoted royal siblings are worth using. Habitually, I basically never use prepromote units in 'classic' FE games, but I realize circumstances may be different what with their special weapons and plot significance and whatnot.

Mainly I'm wondering about Xander and Leo... (Camilla seems quite good, I just haven't used her yet since her exp gain is way lower as a prepremote)

Both have decent tankiness and there's the obvious appeal of their special weapons, but they seem like they'll be easily overtaken by my other units in the stat department. Is it a good idea to use them and if so, when is the best time to start using them without the exp being wasted on units that could get more from defeating the same enemies?

Also, AM I OVERTHINKING THIS OR WHAT

Hi questions about min/maxing. Should that only really matter when Revelation is out?

Is it possible to obtain all (or nearly) skills via purchasing from other players or playthroughs after the story is over?

Is there any benefit to stat capping and skill grinding before finishing Revelations, (finishing the last chapters of Hoshido and Nohr).

Thanks in advance!

I know this is late, but one minor thing on this for anyone else: I have been pairing Wolf Boy (Flannel) and Setsuna but they gain no points. Turns out they can't get supports... or my game is bugged. Doesn't have it on the support list for me either. Just a word of warning.

ACK. That chart was messed up? Sorry about that! I saw a correct version somewhere before. I guess there was an older, incorrect version that I found instead.

I'm playing Conquest (at Chapter 16 currently if it matters) and I'm wondering if the three pre-promoted royal siblings are worth using. Habitually, I basically never use prepromote units in 'classic' FE games, but I realize circumstances may be different what with their special weapons and plot significance and whatnot.

Mainly I'm wondering about Xander and Leo... (Camilla seems quite good, I just haven't used her yet since her exp gain is way lower as a prepremote)

Both have decent tankiness and there's the obvious appeal of their special weapons, but they seem like they'll be easily overtaken by my other units in the stat department. Is it a good idea to use them and if so, when is the best time to start using them without the exp being wasted on units that could get more from defeating the same enemies?

Also, AM I OVERTHINKING THIS OR WHAT

I have yet to actually play the game yet, but I've heard dozens of good things about the siblings in general. They should be okay to use because as far as I'm concerned, they seem designed to not suck.

Also I have a few questions of my own. I just got Conquest but haven't touched it yet and I have a few questions before I do:

How viable would you guys say skills like Lunge and the "___ Blow" skills are? Are they good for players too or are they more skills designed for the AI to make your life a living hell?

When you begin a game, can you lower the difficulty? Not from Classic -> Casual -> Phoenix, but Lunatic -> Hard -> Normal? Or do you have to start with a new file?

ACK. That chart was messed up? Sorry about that! I saw a correct version somewhere before. I guess there was an older, incorrect version that I found instead.

I have yet to actually play the game yet, but I've heard dozens of good things about the siblings in general. They should be okay to use because as far as I'm concerned, they seem designed to not suck.

Also I have a few questions of my own. I just got Conquest but haven't touched it yet and I have a few questions before I do:

How viable would you guys say skills like Lunge and the "___ Blow" skills are? Are they good for players too or are they more skills designed for the AI to make your life a living hell?

When you begin a game, can you lower the difficulty? Not from Classic -> Casual -> Phoenix, but Lunatic -> Hard -> Normal? Or do you have to start with a new file?

I head that you can lower the difficulty, but not raise it. Hope that helps. Then again, I already am on Normal, anyway.

do Even Nap (ninetails skill) and Renewal stack for 80% hp recovery on even turns?

Yes they stack

So if MU A-ranks a same-sex character, MU can reclass into their main class set but that character can't reclass into MU's secondary class set? I thought that's how everyone was getting Basara skills for everything that moves...

if you marry them, they have acces to your MU secondary class.

Do items like statboosters restock after purchase if you do a battle or two?

No, they are limited.

Hi questions about min/maxing. Should that only really matter when Revelation is out?

Is it possible to obtain all (or nearly) skills via purchasing from other players or playthroughs after the story is over?

Is there any benefit to stat capping and skill grinding before finishing Revelations, (finishing the last chapters of Hoshido and Nohr).

Thanks in advance!

Min/Maxing only matters on Revelation because higher stat cap and more combination for A+ and S support, like crit-stacking Orochi!Ophelia (Orochi can A+ Rinkah for Death Blow)

About Mozu, can her children still get Villager skills as they progress through the Villager promotion lines after they've used a Master/Offspring Seal or is she an exception?

Yes.

another question: how do you manage to keep omega Yato? like I've seen lots of people with it in their My Castle teams, but I know you only get it at the beginning of the final chapter.

Edit: also when you recruit an avatar from the logbook do you get their held items?

Edited by Banyanas

I can say that Lunge seems pretty damn good so far. At the very least, I've found it a pretty sneaky way to make seizing people's My Castles a whole lot easier, even when the person's units are a lot stronger than yours-- I just start Camilla paired up with someone at the left or right entrance, send her to the top of the map to bypass any defenses, and go straight for the throne. Even if the MU is parked there and they kill Camilla after she lunges, the unit she's paired with can easy seizey lemon squeezy.

Apart from that, I'm sure it has plenty of useful applications, like tossing an enemy backward for someone to finish off, breaking enemy lines, etc.

Two questions,

1. Is there any way to add characters to the Avatar Logbook before beating the game?

2. How do you recruit Nina?

2. Marry Niles to a female unit, then her Paralogue will show up. You need to kill her and complete the Paralogue to recruit her.

Edited by KamuiSama

2. Marry Zero to a female unit, then her Paralogue will show up. You need to kill her and complete the Paralogue to recruit her.

Ah, when I killed her, I reset since the character death music played, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Ah, when I killed her, I reset since the character death music played, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Yeah me too at first, and Niles couldn't talk to her either so I completed the chapter and she joined