"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I guess so. Whenever I pull up the support menu, Gunter is completely greyed out. I don't really understand why they'd do this? Makes no sense.

Gunter's Female Kamui S support contradicts his Revelations backstory. NOA tweaked it to remove the explicit contradiction, but you still get the oddness of his big past event mentioned in the Revelations route never being mentioned or hinted at by his Conquest supports at all.

Technically, there's also the Anankos possession, but he'll continue grayed out for supports even after that's solved.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I marry Selena to Laslow, will Selena get Ninja through Partner Seal?

Yep. And Laslow will get Sky Knight.

How many of your Kamuis can you have in your logbook at a time?

The logbook can only hold 99 characters, which include Corrins, einherjar named character, bond units and captured generics. After 99 it'll automatically delete the first non-locked character in the list

Sooo, I just have 2 small questions/advice to ask all of you, guys x')

1)How many save files are there in the special edition? Since I can remember that we could get an additional 3 with each counterpart-version-DLC, I assumed that there would be 9 save files in the special 3-games-in-1 cartridge, but I could be mistaken...

2)On my "Young M!Corrin" playthrough, I planned on marrying Caeldori in Birthright, Soleil in Conquest and Azura in Revelation. However, I dislike my current (planned) pairings for Birthright, and I realised that I'd rather have Selena!Caeldori for absolutely not obvious reasons. Am I missing something if I marry Azura in Birthright instead of Revelation, since Azura x Corrin seems to be even more canon-ish in the latter?

Sooo, I just have 2 small questions/advice to ask all of you, guys x')

1)How many save files are there in the special edition? Since I can remember that we could get an additional 3 with each counterpart-version-DLC, I assumed that there would be 9 save files in the special 3-games-in-1 cartridge, but I could be mistaken...

2)On my "Young M!Corrin" playthrough, I planned on marrying Caeldori in Birthright, Soleil in Conquest and Azura in Revelation. However, I dislike my current (planned) pairings for Birthright, and I realised that I'd rather have Selena!Caeldori for absolutely not obvious reasons. Am I missing something if I marry Azura in Birthright instead of Revelation, since Azura x Corrin seems to be even more canon-ish in the latter?

(1) You get 9 save files then.

(2) Marrying Azura will change the Revelation ending a bit. The support conversation between Corrin and Azura is different in all three routes too.

Did Japan get/are the planning to do the spotpass paralogues like they did in awakening to get the sort of "Out of canon" named character recuits (Walhart, aversa, emmeryn, whatever the other bad guys name was etc) (Presumably uncorrupted Garon, Iago, etc for fates)

(1) You get 9 save files then.

(2) Marrying Azura will change the Revelation ending a bit. The support conversation between Corrin and Azura is different in all three routes too.

Absolutely sure about it ? That would be really appreciated indeed!

Ooooh no. Now I'm back to wondering what pairings I'll do. Uu

is there optimized pairings yet? i would understand if there isn't given how partner seals work, but i thought i'd ask. also does corrin have a forced mariage point like chrom?

There's no forced marriage.

Did Japan get/are they planning to do the spotpass paralogues like they did in awakening to get the sort of "Out of canon" named character recuits (Walhart, aversa, emmeryn, whatever the other bad guys name was etc) (Presumably uncorrupted Garon, Iago, etc for fates)

Not that I know of. The game's main menu has an option to "receive presents", but it never worked as far as I know.

Absolutely sure about it ? That would be really appreciated indeed!

I base my answer on the Japanese version of Special Edition, but it's the same in the other versions. So yes, 9 save files. And you're not restricted to assign certain save files to a certain route (so, say, if you want to have all 9 save files alloted to Revelation, you can).

Edited by nocturnal YL

[streetpass/MyCastle battle Questions]

I am Eu and thus can't test for myself, I hope some of you who have experience with these battles can awnser my questions.

1)

I can't seem to find it, but what does AI prioritise in this game, healing or dealing damage?
I could remember from my tests with Awakening that sages always priotised dealing damage than healing, is it the same in this game?

So for example: the enemy maid has a heal and a kunai, a badly wounded emeny general is next to her, but she's also in range of attacking one of my units (with full health). Will she heal the general or will she still attack?

2)

Are debuffers any good? Thinking about creating a Witch Kanna with draconic hex, toxic brew and mayble a seal or 2.

3)

On the Tomes section of this site it says that Nosferatu can't trigger special skills. So does that mean I can't use vengeance with it? Is Sorcerer any good then? I feel like Grandmaster outclasses sorcerer completly, I actually wanted to make my avatar a sorcerer, but mayble with the yato and all it's better to make him a grandmaster...

Thanks!

Edit:

4)
What is your top 5 most annoying/good skills to fight against in streetpass battles?

Edited by DarkFQ

Same as awakening

Avoid = 1.5 Speed + 0.5 Luck

Basically, (speed stat * 1.5) + (luck stat / 2) = my avoidance stat. Got it.

And that includes the bonuses granted by stuff like the Yatos, right?

Edited by FluffyWarlock

1)

I can't seem to find it, but what does AI prioritise in this game, healing or dealing damage?

I could remember from my tests with Awakening that sages always priotised dealing damage than healing, is it the same in this game?

So for example: the enemy maid has a heal and a kunai, a badly wounded emeny general is next to her, but she's also in range of attacking one of my units (with full health). Will she heal the general or will she still attack?

I just did a Castle Battle yesterday in which an AI Priestess Sakura was presented with a target she could attack without being counterattacked, and she went for a heal that turn instead. Looks like healing is prioritized.

2)

Are debuffers any good? Thinking about creating a Witch Kanna with draconic hex, toxic brew and mayble a seal or 2.

Seems like it! I picked up Seal Defense + Speed from other MUs and combined with Draconic Hex, it's been pretty good at crippling strong units like MUs on the throne. I haven't found as much use for it in the main game (you're generally strong enough to get kills on your own without needing to debuff foes), but presumably it'd also be good for grinding weaker units, and debuffing bosses can be very helpful.

Not as sure about the other questions, sorry. =3= Sorcerer and Nosferatu both seem pretty good to me so far, though I'm just using Nyx and given what a glass cannon she is, I usually just try to go for a double with Fimbulvetr or Ragnarok instead. Mostly I only use Nosferatu to tank enemy mages, as she pretty much dies to anything physical.

Without Nyx's Countercurse tho, can't say if a Corrin would be as good with it? I mean probably since they could take a hit better and get more skills... IDK thoough I haven't put that much thought into it honestly ~___~

Edited by BANRYU

Several questions, mostly about the Avatar Log.

1: Avatar Log - Battle Dialogue

- Do Bond Units and Guest Units have battle dialogue? (Battle Grunts, Victory Quotes, etc.)

- I know that Einherjar do not have battle dialogue and are completely silent. I think that Prisoners have generic battle dialogue, but I only have a boss character captured right now, so I don't know about the actual generics.

= I originally wanted to make an Avatar Army, thinking my Avatars would at least have some battle dialogue like Awakening. I was surprised when Avatar Einherjar were completely silent, so I was wondering if there is a way to maintain their voiced lines.

2: Avatar Log - Guest Units

- What is a guest unit? I want to say these are the 5 units one gets at the end of the game, but I am not sure.

3: Avatar Log - Max Field Amount

- I know the max to hold within the Avatar Log is 99, but how many can be fielded at once? I think in Awakening it was 20.

4: My Castle - Point Transfer

- Upon completion of the game, do the points transfer like they did with Awakening's Renown, or so I have to grind up My Castle Points per save file?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Does anyone know when/if/where the Silence staff is obtainable in Conquest?

I'm on Chapter 24 right now and trying to figure out how to avoid getting crippled by Azama's Hexing Rod... That was my only real solution lol. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has them? .3.

Not as sure about the other questions, sorry. =3= Sorcerer and Nosferatu both seem pretty good to me so far, though I'm just using Nyx and given what a glass cannon she is, I usually just try to go for a double with Fimbulvetr or Ragnarok instead. Mostly I only use Nosferatu to tank enemy mages, as she pretty much dies to anything physical.

Without Nyx's Countercurse tho, can't say if a Corrin would be as good with it? I mean probably since they could take a hit better and get more skills... IDK thoough I haven't put that much thought into it honestly ~___~

Thanks alot :)

Several questions, mostly about the Avatar Log.

1: Avatar Log - Battle Dialogue

- Do Bond Units and Guest Units have battle dialogue? (Battle Grunts, Victory Quotes, etc.)

Nope.

- I know that Einherjar do not have battle dialogue and are completely silent. I think that Prisoners have generic battle dialogue, but I only have a boss character captured right now, so I don't know about the actual generics.

= I originally wanted to make an Avatar Army, thinking my Avatars would at least have some battle dialogue like Awakening. I was surprised when Avatar Einherjar were completely silent, so I was wondering if there is a way to maintain their voiced lines.

No, avatars don't have any voice and there is no way to maintain there voices.

2: Avatar Log - Guest Units

- What is a guest unit? I want to say these are the 5 units one gets at the end of the game, but I am not sure.

I am not sure myself, sorry.

3: Avatar Log - Max Field Amount

- I know the max to hold within the Avatar Log is 99, but how many can be fielded at once? I think in Awakening it was 20.

I don't there is a limit, but I may be wrong. I didn't even know it existed in FEA TBH.

4: My Castle - Point Transfer

- Upon completion of the game, do the points transfer like they did with Awakening's Renown, or so I have to grind up My Castle Points per save file?

Points carry over, I believe. But they may also only carry over from the Branch a New Fate option.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Does anyone know when/if/where the Silence staff is obtainable in Conquest?

I'm on Chapter 24 right now and trying to figure out how to avoid getting crippled by Azama's Hexing Rod... That was my only real solution lol. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has them? .3.

They should be buyable in the Lv.3 Staff Store by now. I don't think you can get one from storymode, though, again, I may be wrong.

is there any reason not to promote at ten given how skilss work now?

how do the dlc classes work in terms of level and exp calculation? are they tier 1 or tier 2? i noticed tier ones being able to use it before hitting level 10, if thats the case, how does it work, is it an exception to the rule?

can i recruit any of the other sibling form the other version ( nohr siblings in hoshido and vice versa )? no spoilers but i just want to know if its possible, if so, which ones? i'm about to fight camilla in hoshido, and i want to know if it's okay to kill her.

is there any reason not to promote at ten given how skilss work now?

Yes and no. You could wait till 20 just to get more stats, though promoting at 15-18 is also reasonable. You cold also just reclass too.

how do the dlc classes work in terms of level and exp calculation? are they tier 1 or tier 2? i noticed tier ones being able to use it before hitting level 10, if thats the case, how does it work, is it an exception to the rule?

For DLC classes, Lv.1-20=Tier 1, Lv.21-40=Tier 2.

can i recruit any of the other sibling form the other version ( nohr siblings in hoshido and vice versa )? no spoilers but i just want to know if its possible, if so, which ones? i'm about to fight camilla in hoshido, and i want to know if it's okay to kill her.

You cannot recruit the Nohr sibs in Hoshido and vice versa. Except without buying them as Einherjars from other My Castles or from previous plathroughs, but, they have no supports or dialogue.