"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I want to start a Hoshido playthrough, but first I have a bunch of questions.

A. Would I be a complete masochist to do Hoshido Lunatic? How does it compare to Conquest Hard or Awakening's Lunatic? **On a side note, how hard is Revelations compared to the above?
B. Generally, Corrin wants to pick a Corrin-only wife or a second gen unit, right? Who would those candidates best be?
On Conquest I enjoyed doing Corrin X Azura, but found myself frustrated since I could never pair up my best unit for fear of losing my dancer, though I greatly appreciated +Strength, - Luck Shigure. Who are the best wives for Corrin in the first gen and the second gen? I'm told Crimson is pretty good....
If I were to marry second gen, would I be better off with Male Corrin X Matoi or Female Corrin X Shigure? What would the best Boon/Bane and parents for Matoi and Shigure be in those situations? Oboro! Matoi and Kaze! Shigure?
C. Since I'm definitely grinding as needed and wanting to pimp out My Castle, Streetpass, and DLC team setups, do I want to go +Strength, - Defense, +Strength, -Luck, or +Strength, - Magic? I am told that you want to have your bane be something beneficial to your whole squad because of the deficiency-fixing statue. Additionally, what's the best subclass for Corrin. Cavalier since there will be such a deficiency of Nohr classes?
D. Does the grinding/DLC scale to your progress like in Conquest? Am I going to have to level up everybody to max to prevent them from falling behind?
E. Since Lunatic predetermines your stat growths, would a Hard Classic Run be better for my Min-Maxing dreams?
F. I really wanted to do Oboro X Takumi because she loves him so, but I am told they are a suboptimal pairing.
G. If I dance grind Azura in Chapter 5 for my first play through, will her stats be saved on subsequent runs of Branch of Fate?
Edited by Lucina's Husband

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Hayato have a windy special effect like his father Fuga?? Felicia and Flora come have icy effects and Rinkah has fire effects. It only makes sense if Hayato has it too. (Unless Hayato being adopted has something to do with this)

Does Hayato have a windy special effect like his father Fuga?? Felicia and Flora come have icy effects and Rinkah has fire effects. It only makes sense if Hayato has it too. (Unless Hayato being adopted has something to do with this)

Fuga isn't his father.. so no windy effect for him

Fuga isn't his father.. so no windy effect for him

Aww dangit! If he had it, then I would totally make Hayato an Oni Chieftain... Thank you though!

Also, what determines your MyCastle resources? I really wish I could have Peaches and Pearls!

Best Boon/Bane for a Dark Falcon Corrin? What about a Falcon Knight? This would be for Birthright Lunatic and Postgame/DLC/Streetpass stuff!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Is there another source of javelins besides your own armory? They aren't showing up in other people's castles.

Do they drop in lotteries? I only got a bunch of Peri's lances.

This is for a Conquest lunatic classic run if it makes a difference.

Is there another source of javelins besides your own armory? They aren't showing up in other people's castles.

Do they drop in lotteries? I only got a bunch of Peri's lances.

This is for a Conquest lunatic classic run if it makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed you can't buy limited stock items from other people's castles

It apparently is one of the rarer silver prizes in the Dusk Lottery

Both Seigbert and Ignatius comes with a Javelin if you haven't recruited them yet.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/other-data/

Edited by Frozenkappa

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed you can't buy limited stock items from other people's castles

It apparently is one of the 25+ silver prizes in the Dusk Lottery

Both Seigbert and Ignatius comes with a Javelin if you haven't recruited them yet.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/other-data/

Thanks, I'm prepping for Chapter 10 though so they aren't there yet. I guess I'll just keep trying for lottery javelins, I got 2 heals so far. Maybe I should just forge Peri's lance...

Also, what determines your MyCastle resources? I really wish I could have Peaches and Pearls!

I'm fairly sure it's randomized when you start a new game (this includes starting at Branch of Fates).You could, in theory, keep resetting until you started with those, but you're probably better off just visiting a bunch of Hoshido/Valla castles.

EDIT: I have a question of my own. Do Charlotte's My Castle lines change if you're playing as F!Corrin?

Edited by AzureSen

I'm fairly sure it's randomized when you start a new game (this includes starting at Branch of Fates).You could, in theory, keep resetting until you started with those, but you're probably better off just visiting a bunch of Hoshido/Valla castles.

So does starting at Branch of Fates reset your resources or does it retain what you had on the save file you're branching from.

If I marry Scarlet in revelation, does she still appear in the private quarters after chapter 18? What about her supports with Corrin and Kana?

nope. you need to complete it before she leaves :x

So does starting at Branch of Fates reset your resources or does it retain what you had on the save file you're branching from.

yes it will reset your resources

How much space does Revelations?

600 blocks

Does anybody have a screenshot of the underground city in Nohr? The one you see in Birthright when

[spoiler=minor birthright spoilers]you're going to infiltrate the castle and Shura shows you the way; later, you run into Elise.

And I take it it doesn't work for the beast people (Kaden and Keaton), right? Like, for example, if Keaton beds Azura, Shigure won't have the Wolfskin class, right?

Like in Awakening, transforming classes do pass unto children. Kaden and Keaton can give M!Kana and Shigure their respective beast classes and Corrin gives Nohr Prince(ss) to children instead of their secondary. Only Kana will get both classes since their base class is Nohr Prince(ss)

Edited by Frozenkappa

Like in Awakening, transforming classes do pass unto children. Kaden and Keaton can give M!Kana and Shigure their respective beast classes and Corrin gives Nohr Prince(ss) to children instead of their secondary. Only Kana will get both classes since their base class is Nohr Prince(ss)

Selkie and Velouria could also have both their base transformation class as well as Nohr Princess if their mother is Corrin.

Assuming I don't buy out a limited stock item (e.g. Rescue staff) before upgrading the armory or shop, will whatever I didn't buy be added to the stock of that item or not (e.g. Will I be able to buy 3 Rescue staffs after upgrading to level 2 if I didn't buy the one in the level 1 armory)?