"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. I got the special edition should I just go into revelations or do I need to play birthright and conquest first?

Whatever floats your boat. I only played Conquest and jumped straight into Revelation. I knew everything about Birthrout by wikis and stuff.

To my question: Hero or Vanguard?

Quick question. I got the special edition should I just go into revelations or do I need to play birthright and conquest first?

You don't HAVE to play those two first, but I recommend it. Revelations is intended as a sort of finale route and assumes you've played the other two narratively.

My question: How many weapon/staff uses are required to go up in each weapon rank now?

By the way, I got an another question:

1. Can you capture any Conquest exclusives as enemies in Birthright and Birthright exclusives as enemies in Conquest + Fuga in Chapter 8 or do they have to be those Enemy Bosses only?

2. By the way, I did heard that Minerva and Elincia are in the game as DLC, but what Xenologue chapter do they appear and also, do they have voice clips in this game as well?

3. I did get Kaze married to Rinkah, but Midori's paralogue chapter didn't shown up yet. But, I managed to recruit Kana in her paralogue chapter when I managed to get Corrin married to Felicia and I did see Caeldori's paralogue chapter shown up when I got Subaki married to Hana.

I just wanted to know that what chapter or requirement do I get Midori's paralogue chapter have it unlock besides getting Kaze to marry someone?

4. And also, if you have Male Corrin marry to Niles and Female Corrin marry to Rhajat, does Kana and Nina will still have their paralogues get unlocked and they will be foster children instead of birth children or is it that they will not get their paralogue chapters get unlocked and they won't be born?

5. By the way, what are the good cooks and bad cooks for the Mess Hall? I did went to the mess hall and I did see Kaze, Saizo, Azura, Hana, Subaki, and Silas were good at it, but Mozu did get horrible complements from Saizo, Rinkah, and mostly Kaze when she cooked the Beans and I am not sure about Felicia since she said that she did burned everyone's breakfast and other meals from her supports. (I didn't tested Felicia yet)

Edited by King Marth 64

1. Can you capture any Conquest exclusives as enemies in Birthright and Birthright exclusives as enemies in Conquest + Fuga in Chapter 8 or do they have to be those Enemy Bosses only?

2. By the way, I did heard that Minerva and Elincia are in the game as DLC, but what Xenologue chapter do they appear and also, do they have voice clips in this game as well?

1. You can capture Daniela in Birthright and Haitaka and Fumagera in Conquest. The other capturable bosses are in children's Paralogues. Besides that, you can only capture generic unnamed enemy units.

2. These are Cipher units, which come with Trading Card packs, which, unfortunately, I believe is Japanese-only for now.

When do the children characters come with Master Seals? Was it after chapter 18?

19+ they'll have Offspring Seals. at 18, they'll be at Lvl 20 and no Seal

3. I did get Kaze married to Rinkah, but Midori's paralogue chapter didn't shown up yet. But, I managed to recruit Kana in her paralogue chapter when I managed to get Corrin married to Felicia and I did see Caeldori's paralogue chapter shown up when I got Subaki married to Hana.

I just wanted to know that what chapter or requirement do I get Midori's paralogue chapter have it unlock besides getting Kaze to marry someone?

4. And also, if you have Male Corrin marry to Niles and Female Corrin marry to Rhajat, does Kana and Nina will still have their paralogues get unlocked and they will be foster children instead of birth children or is it that they will not get their paralogue chapters get unlocked and they won't be born?

5. By the way, what are the good cooks and bad cooks for the Mess Hall? I did went to the mess hall and I did see Kaze, Saizo, Azura, Hana, Subaki, and Silas were good at it, but Mozu did get horrible complements from Saizo, Rinkah, and mostly Kaze when she cooked the Beans and I am not sure about Felicia since she said that she did burned everyone's breakfast and other meals from her supports. (I didn't tested Felicia yet)

1. no. not all bosses or enemies are capturable.

2. they're DLC through Cipher codes. no Xenologue afaik and no voices

3. complete Ch15 and A Rank with Corrin

4. they won't exist

5. it's on serenes http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/restaurant/

And also, I forgot to ask the other ones:

6. Did Laslow, Odin, and Selena mentioned that they're never been married from Awakening or did they have?

7. Are there any more Awakening references besides the three reincarnated children, three trio, Lucina, Robin, Hotsprings DLC mentioning from Odin's and Selena's support, and Before Awakening?

8. Speaking of which, what do the Invaders come from anyway, Valla or are they from Nohr?

9. By the way, how many years does Fates take place after Awakening?

10. And also, did Ophelia mentioned she's an actual adult, I did heard someone mentioned it she said it in the Japanese version? And how old is she anyway?

11. How old is Shigure? (I did hear it saw in the thumbnail from the YouTube videos from Kana's upoort mentions he's a teenager.)

12. Did they mention what happened to Grima after Awakening in any conversation in Fates or not?

And also, I forgot to ask the other ones:

6. Did Laslow, Odin, and Selena mentioned that they're never been married from Awakening or did they have?

7. Are there any more Awakening references besides the three reincarnated children, three trio, Lucina, Robin, Hotsprings DLC mentioning from Odin's and Selena's support, and Before Awakening?

8. Speaking of which, what do the Invaders come from anyway, Valla or are they from Nohr?

9. By the way, how many years does Fates take place after Awakening?

10. And also, did Ophelia mentioned she's an actual adult, I did heard someone mentioned it she said it in the Japanese version? And how old is she anyway?

11. How old is Shigure? (I did hear it saw in the thumbnail from the YouTube videos from Kana's upoort mentions he's a teenager.)

12. Did they mention what happened to Grima after Awakening in any conversation in Fates or not?

6. No reference is made to any marriages they may have had.

7. There's other references besides the Hot Springs DLC. Odin and Laslow mention their convo from Harvest Scramble, and Laslow's support with Saizo references his old supports with Brady and Gerome of all things. The Hidden Truths DLC also focuses on Awakening, resolving an old plot thread from that game and even using one of its maps. Finally, Robin and Lucina amiibos also provide you with accessories, including Lucina's mask and one of Grima's feathers (Try giving either of those to Laslow, Odin, or Selena; they have unique reactions).

8. Valla.

9. It doesn't seem to take place "after" Awakening. It's either eons BEFORE Awakening, or in an entirely separate outrealm.

10, 11. There are no official ages. The fact that Corrin is able to sire a Kana with all of them means they all have to be at LEAST 14 or so, assuming no precocious puberty, but most of them are likely in their late teens or early 20's. I can't really give you any solid numbers on any of them, not even Eponine or Shigure.

12. Some of the Awakening Trio's supports mention Grima's defeat, as does Hidden Truths part 1, but it's never stated whether Grima was destroyed by Robin or sealed by Chrom.

Also, regarding your prior question...

Just to clarify, you need to have Corrin reach A-rank with Kaze BEFORE you start Chapter 15. Kaze's a bit of a special case in that, due to some spoilerrific events that occur in Chapter 15 of Birthright, Midori's paralogue doesn't become available until after you pass that point.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Any recommendations as to what Skills I should pass down to Elise!Ophelia* and Nyx!Forrest?

*I also made Odin into a Swordsmaster, so would at least Astra be good for her?

Skill inheritance isn't as critical as it was in Awakening thanks to skill purchasing, but assuming you want them to start out with some good skills, I'd go with Astra and Rally Resistance for Ophelia, and Bowbreaker and Seal Magic for Forrest unless you intend to immediately turn him into an offensive powerhouse, in which case Vengeance and Lifetaker.

I'm operating under the assumption that, aside from Odin, the parents haven't been reclassed.

19+ they'll have Offspring Seals. at 18, they'll be at Lvl 20 and no Seal

Bugger. I thought they'd have come with Master Seals at 18...

Anyways, aside from Ignatius and Shiro, are there any other children that are better off recruited ASAP?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What skill do you think is better? Can you list me the pros and cons of each one please?? Specifically, i want to know your opinions on Rend Heaven, Dragon Fang, and Ignis. Thanks in advance!

What skill do you think is better? Can you list me the pros and cons of each one please?? Specifically, i want to know your opinions on Rend Heaven, Dragon Fang, and Ignis. Thanks in advance!

These are just my rough opinions

Rend Heaven

Pros: Higher activation rate

Cons: Damage boost is lower, so sometimes it won't matter. Is largely useless on magic units since not many enemies have magic to begin with. Physical units also don't get a boost against pure magic units, for that. It also doesn't help much against Dragonskin enemies

Dragon Fang

Pros: High damage added. It depends on the units themselves but it's capable of turning a 2hko into a 1hko. You get it at Level 10/0

Con: Lower proc rate. Low availability.

Ignis

Pros: Adds more damage than Luna/Rend Heaven if you have better stats. (Which is to say, not really that much)

Cons: DLC skill, so it cannot be bought or inherited. Most characters do not have any magic stat, and the magic users don't have "a lot" of strength either, so the pro is unlikely to happen. Also has the same con of not being very useful against Dragonskin enemies.

How is Odin's personal skill supposed to work?

Okay, I know it works if I give one of his weapons a name with 12 characters, but I can only seem to enter about 9? Unless I was counting wrong for whatever reason (or, unless the "(space)+1" counts)

Edited by spiderbrush

How is Odin's personal skill supposed to work?

Okay, I know it works if I give one of his weapons a name with 12 characters, but I can only seem to enter about 9? Unless I was counting wrong for whatever reason (or, unless the "(space)+1" counts)

Considering it's 3DS with its texting in games works in general space counts as a character too.

So my plan is to make a grind lunatic conquest file (I only like the conquest characters, and the story seems much more apeasable to me than Birthright). Also look at this with a without DLC because of Europe release vision.

Anyway I am planning on buying after chapter 6 (if I have enough funds, if not when should I be able to have enough funds to buy the money bar skill from an online guy?) the money skill. I will keep doing easy MyCastle battles and grind for money bar that way until I have enough to buy a decent skill set. Later when dlc comes around, I'll grind al my characters up to decent levels and keep doing that every chapter.

My question is: Is this method viable?

Also with how much funds do you start at the beginning of the conquest campaign?

And yes I am aware of not being able to play the story untill dlc comes around,I am from what I saw extremely hyped about MyCastle battles and MyCastle overall, so I definitely can get alot of hours in that judt alone. I was also thinking of doing a revelation file and then killing all Hoshidan characters off, but idk if I like that.

Edited by DarkFQ

So my plan is to make a grind lunatic conquest file (I only like the conquest characters, and the story seems much more apeasable to me than Birthright). Also look at this with a without DLC because of Europe release vision.

Anyway I am planning on buying after chapter 6 (if I have enough funds, if not when should I be able to have enough funds to buy the money bar skill from an online guy?) the money skill. I will keep doing easy MyCastle battles and grind for money bar that way until I have enough to buy a decent skill set. Later when dlc comes around, I'll grind al my characters up to decent levels and keep doing that every chapter.

My question is: Is this method viable?

Also with how much funds do you start at the beginning of the conquest campaign?

Not exactly - said skill is reliant on luck, and only works during the first seven turns of combat (on top of that, Gold Bars don't even sell for all that much). I don't know how much cash you start with in Conquest, though...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Not exactly - said skill is reliant on luck, and only works during the first seven turns of combat (on top of that, Gold Bars don't even sell for all that much). I don't know how much cash you start with in Conquest, though...

What about Salvage Blow (chance enemies drop weapons when you kill them)? Will that be more reliant? Also 300g for a gold bar is quite decent, no?

These are just my rough opinions

Rend Heaven

Pros: Higher activation rate

Cons: Damage boost is lower, so sometimes it won't matter. Is largely useless on magic units since not many enemies have magic to begin with. Physical units also don't get a boost against pure magic units, for that. It also doesn't help much against Dragonskin enemies

Dragon Fang

Pros: High damage added. It depends on the units themselves but it's capable of turning a 2hko into a 1hko. You get it at Level 10/0

Con: Lower proc rate. Low availability.

Ignis

Pros: Adds more damage than Luna/Rend Heaven if you have better stats. (Which is to say, not really that much)

Cons: DLC skill, so it cannot be bought or inherited. Most characters do not have any magic stat, and the magic users don't have "a lot" of strength either, so the pro is unlikely to happen. Also has the same con of not being very useful against Dragonskin enemies.

Thank you! I'm just wondering whether I should just slap a Rend Heaven on everyone or go for a little more variety. I guess another obstacle about Ignis is that it's a male only skill!! Do you have any characters in mind about which characters should get which skill??

Thank you for your input!

Thank you! I'm just wondering whether I should just slap a Rend Heaven on everyone or go for a little more variety. I guess another obstacle about Ignis is that it's a male only skill!! Do you have any characters in mind about which characters should get which skill??

Thank you for your input!

Personally, I'd prefer variety - Rend Heaven is overrated, imo.