"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

My Castle Question...

1: Is there any documentation and research on how resources are determined for your save file? I would like a particular set of resources, but my testing so far has netted me the same ones.

-- For the past few days, I have rushed a Revelations file to see what resources are on My Castle. However, no matter the day, gender, birthday, asset, or flaw, it does not seem to change.

-- However, I do have two separate Conquest files that have different resources (One is Topaz and Wheat, the other is Crystal and Meat). I am using a Conquest cartridge, but I have no idea why these two files are different compared to my Revelations one.

-- I understand, of course, I could just go and research some hacking methods, and I may need to do so just to get the resources I want. must resist using all resources

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many resources can you build in a playthrough? I see others online with all the mines and such but I can only produce four on birthright and Revelation.

You get one gem resource and one food resource on Birthright and Conquest.

You get two of each on Revelations.

Anyone with more did not get them legitimately.

My Castle Question...

1: Is there any documentation and research on how resources are determined for your save file? I would like a particular set of resources, but my testing so far has netted me the same ones.

-- For the past few days, I have rushed a Revelations file to see what resources are on My Castle. However, no matter the day, gender, birthday, asset, or flaw, it does not seem to change.

-- However, I do have two separate Conquest files that have different resources (One is Topaz and Wheat, the other is Crystal and Meat). I am using a Conquest cartridge, but I have no idea why these two files are different compared to my Revelations one.

-- I understand, of course, I could just go and research some hacking methods, and I may need to do so just to get the resources I want. must resist using all resources

From my limited testing, it seems to be random when you make a new file.

Choosing "Branch of Fate" however does not change what you end up with so you'd need to do the six chapters from the beginning again.

Edited by Takeru

From my limited testing, it seems to be random when you make a new file.

Choosing "Branch of Fate" however does not change what you end up with so you'd need to do the six chapters from the beginning again.

Figures. Of course one has to start over the hard way instead of using Branch of Fate (especially since I want to do a Lunatic Classic file).

Guess I have have to start from the very beginning and hope I get good resources, find an alternative method, or just live with what I got. Thanks for the information.

I didn't think you got WExp from My Castle battles on Conquest.

You don't get any WExp in Conquest My Castle battles.

Oh. Thanks anyway. I guess there's no way to grind WExp on Conquest then... That is, if it can't be done on Boo Camp.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Does Anna give you extra discounts if she is attending one of the shops?

I'm not sure. I think the discount would only apply to whatever weapon types she's capable of using, not unlike other characters.

What stat does Anna's character statue boost? Luck?

Yep. It's Luck.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Oh. Thanks anyway. I guess there's no way to grind WExp on Conquest then... That is, if it can't be done on Boo Camp.

Boo Camp can get you EXP, WEXP, kills for statues, and kills for statue upgrades. For all intents and purposes, it is effectively a chapter map that scales in difficulty to your current chapter.

My Question: What EXACTLY determines which resources you get in your castle? For example, why did I get Daikon on one run and Fish in the next?

In more detail, I think it's based on Avatar creation variables, such as body build, hair color, facial features, things you can't change after you've created your Avatar. I don't exactly think gender is the factor though, since I made two files with basically the same Avatar but different gender, and the resources were both Jade and Fish. But when I made my third file, I chose different features and got Rice and Jade. It may also just be RNG, but from my speculations there's a science to this.

In more detail, I think it's based on Avatar creation variables, such as body build, hair color, facial features, things you can't change after you've created your Avatar. I don't exactly think gender is the factor though, since I made two files with basically the same Avatar but different gender, and the resources were both Jade and Fish. But when I made my third file, I chose different features and got Rice and Jade. It may also just be RNG, but from my speculations there's a science to this.

I've tested this out as well. I just can't find/don't feel like finding the pattern.

Why isn't Omozu capturable in Museum Melee but all the other bosses are :v ?

I've tested this out as well. I just can't find/don't feel like finding the pattern.

Why isn't Omozu capturable in Museum Melee but all the other bosses are :v ?

This character appears in one of the initial six chapters, before you even have Orochi/Niles.

Since Museum Melee is DLC and thus made later, perhaps they didn't think of/care to/feel like making him a capturable boss despite the opportunity.

Edited by Takeru

What's the difference between choosing a unit with a heart (top 3) in Private Castle (or whatever) and choosing anybody else not in the top 3? A smaller effect on support growth? No effect whatsoever? I'd like to know if I'm not wasting time completely there.

What's the difference between choosing a unit with a heart (top 3) in Private Castle (or whatever) and choosing anybody else not in the top 3? A smaller effect on support growth? No effect whatsoever? I'd like to know if I'm not wasting time completely there.

You get support points with allies that have hearts if you invite them. When it's upgraded, you have more options that you can gain support points with.

But do you get zero support points when talking to the units without hearts? Simply fewer points?

Only units with a heart next to them in that selection will gain support points there. You can choose from 3 units if it's Lv. 1, 6 units if Lv. 2, and 9 units if Lv. 3.

What is the average number of weapons you get from a museum melee run?

Does Hoshidan Unity affect Profiteer and Salvage Blow? I assumed it didn't at first, but today I realized that the description doesn't specify "skill trigger skills".

Hoshidan Unity adds 10% to any skill with a chance of activation, so yes, those are affected.

What is the average number of weapons you get from a museum melee run?

It really varies a lot. If you take in your most powerful units, you can more easily knock out the boss enemies that appear and snatch their weapons. However, where those enemies appear is random (out of maybe 10ish potential spawn points), and the chests that the main boss targets are random. There's one chest you can get to easily (top right), and two (on the left side of the map) that I can reach usually (if the main boss heads there first, you're out of luck).

I would say 5 on average. Of course, it's not guaranteed they will be that great.

Thanks for your quick response, by the way. :)

It really varies a lot. If you take in your most powerful units, you can more easily knock out the boss enemies that appear and snatch their weapons. However, where those enemies appear is random (out of maybe 10ish potential spawn points), and the chests that the main boss targets are random. There's one chest you can get to easily (top right), and two (on the left side of the map) that I can reach usually (if the main boss heads there first, you're out of luck).

I would say 5 on average. Of course, it's not guaranteed they will be that great.

Thanks for your quick response, by the way. :)

Thanks, and no problem.