"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

What is the formula for gaining EXP when using Azura's dance, and how is the best way to grind it?

Also, is soft resetting a skirmish map the best way to get "extra" weapons? What would be the best "extra" weapon for early game Revelations Lunatic?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the formula for gaining EXP when using Azura's dance, and how is the best way to grind it?

Also, is soft resetting a skirmish map the best way to get "extra" weapons? What would be the best "extra" weapon for early game Revelations Lunatic?

AFAIK the exp gain basically says

1: Sing to a higher leveled unit

2: Don't sing to a healer/associated classes (because they give less exp)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

The kid's stats upon recruitment depends on the parent's current stats, yeah? If so, wouldn't it be optimal to change the parents into a class that would up the kids' stats in areas they have poor growths in? (eg: changing nyx into a dark knight for increased hp, skill and def if she's the mother of rhajat before starting that prologue)

The kid's stats upon recruitment depends on the parent's current stats, yeah? If so, wouldn't it be optimal to change the parents into a class that would up the kids' stats in areas they have poor growths in? (eg: changing nyx into a dark knight for increased hp, skill and def if she's the mother of rhajat before starting that prologue)

it depends on their stats relative to the base class. ie. their lvl ups

Edited by GoXDS

This is more of a general question.

Anyone knows who Setsuna's English voice actress is?

I looked on "Behind the Voice Actors" and "Fire Emblem Wikia" but they haven't revealed it. Her dub voice actress is as mysterious as Setsuna herself.

Edited by Smog

So class change stat changes to bump up HP, or skill a few points prior to the chapter will not change anything, right?

correct. the formula is on the base stats section of the serenes Fates section

Edited by GoXDS

I beat Conquest and now I'm going to start Birthright. But if I choose to do so via "New Game" instead of "Branch of Fate", will my Visit Points and Battle Points for My Castle reset?

...If it helps any, it's the Special Edition I'm playing.

I beat Conquest and now I'm going to start Birthright. But if I choose to do so via "New Game" instead of "Branch of Fate", will my Visit Points and Battle Points for My Castle reset?

...If it helps any, it's the Special Edition I'm playing.

Nope. I've done it myself for the sake of getting different resources.

For more clarity, you just do "Update Data" and all that stuff will come back.

Do note that the castle people will be visiting will be the last one you did "Update Data" on.

Nope. I've done it myself for the sake of getting different resources.

For more clarity, you just do "Update Data" and all that stuff will come back.

Do note that the castle people will be visiting will be the last one you did "Update Data" on.

...Okay, got it. Thank you!

Okay, so the game states that you might get a discount on weapons depending on the proficiencies of who's running the armory or shop. But in the case of cavaliers and promoted units with multiple proficiencies, how would that work? Because I don't think I'd be getting a discount on shurikens if, say, a Maid was running the armory, or bows if the armory was run by a Priestess.

Okay, so the game states that you might get a discount on weapons depending on the proficiencies of who's running the armory or shop. But in the case of cavaliers and promoted units with multiple proficiencies, how would that work? Because I don't think I'd be getting a discount on shurikens if, say, a Maid was running the armory, or bows if the armory was run by a Priestess.

one possibility is it's character locked rather than class locked? I don't have the game readily accessible atm but you can try reclassing whoever's currently manning a shop into a completely different class and see if that changes weapons. if it doesn't (eg. Odin will discount Tomes even when made a Samurai), then it's character locked. I sorta doubt it's class locked or else in Conquest you'd be hard pressed to get discounts on daggers unless Kaze manned it. still possible though

one possibility is it's character locked rather than class locked? I don't have the game readily accessible atm but you can try reclassing whoever's currently manning a shop into a completely different class and see if that changes weapons. if it doesn't (eg. Odin will discount Tomes even when made a Samurai), then it's character locked. I sorta doubt it's class locked or else in Conquest you'd be hard pressed to get discounts on daggers unless Kaze manned it. still possible though

Having tested it, I think it's related to the current class of whoever is running the shop (checked out the armory, saw Odin ran it, reclassed him to Samurai, and saw that swords were discounted afterwards).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Having tested it, I think it's related to the current class of whoever is running the shop (checked out the armory, saw Odin ran it, reclassed him to Samurai, and saw that swords were discounted afterwards).

The discount is indeed based on class. Maids and butlers for example give discounts for staffs. Mozu as a Master of Arms discounts swords, despite lances being something she would normally be more proficient in, and still able to equip.

Wolf/Fox classes do not give any discounts (I have not tested to see if dragonstone or beaststones can be discounted)

I don't believe any class gives discounts towards consumable items

I don't think any class gives discounts towards multiple weapon types

Gold discounts are fixed at......I think it was 5% off the top of my head.

A character will discount the weapon their class can have the highest possible rank in.

So a Master of Arms will discount Swords, Basara will discount Lances, Paladins discount Lances, etc.

Paladins can have A rank in both Swords and Lances, according to the main site. So what happens in that case? What you just said suggests just lances, but not sure.

Edited by ToP

Paladins can have A rank in both Swords and Lances, according to the main site. So what happens in that case? What you just said suggests just lances, but not sure.

whenever my soleil paladin mans the shop, its only lances.

The discount is indeed based on class. Maids and butlers for example give discounts for staffs. Mozu as a Master of Arms discounts swords, despite lances being something she would normally be more proficient in, and still able to equip.

Wolf/Fox classes do not give any discounts (I have not tested to see if dragonstone or beaststones can be discounted)

I don't believe any class gives discounts towards consumable items

I don't think any class gives discounts towards multiple weapon types

Gold discounts are fixed at......I think it was 5% off the top of my head.

I see. Those lined up with what I saw. Also, stones can be discounted if a Kitsune, Wolfskin, or their promoted variants runs the shop - I saw this when castle hopping, and seeing that Selkie was running the shop at one of the castles I visited.

Huh. This reminds me, is it the same for Cavaliers?

I see. Those lined up with what I saw. Also, stones can be discounted if a Kitsune, Wolfskin, or their promoted variants runs the shop - I saw this when castle hopping, and seeing that Selkie was running the shop at one of the castles I visited.

Huh. This reminds me, is it the same for Cavaliers?

I finally got Xander in the smithy, and he discounts Swords when he's a Paladin, not lances. So it seems there are at least some exceptions or oddities..

Edited by ToP

Anyone know if Quixotic and Hoshidan Unity work with Toxic Brew? Based on initial observation I figured it would, but there's no cut-in or special animation for it during the battle itself like other proc skills, so now I'm having doubts.

Can we recruit and marry Anna like we could in Awakening in Fates ?

Can we recruit and marry Anna like we could in Awakening in Fates ?

Anna's available via DLC and you an S-Rank (marry) her just like in Awakening.

I believe you can also recruit non-Einherjar Annas from other castles although doing so would thus make her an Einherjar which you cannot support with.

So DLC would be your only option if you want to S-Rank her.

Edited by Takeru

Ok thanks, definitely going to buy this, even if I'm not into DLCs tho.

Can you capture DLC classes? I'm interested in capturing a witch if possible.

If you mean those unique generic units that appear in their DLC "chapters", no, unfortunately.

(Edited to prevent confusion.)

Edited by Takeru