"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

1.Is there any way to swap accessories between people before getting the accessories shop?

2.When I was fighting against my own castle defenders, I saw a command called "Break". What does that do?

3.If I want Corrin to stay in front of the throne and not move unless attacked, should I choose Hold or Defend?

1. The only way I can think of is waiting for one of them to ask for an accessory and choosing the accessory the other character has. Then, you wait for the other character to ask for an accessory and you give them what you want. There could be a better way but that's all I can think of. Better suggestion in post below.
  2. You can break some buildings, statues, walls, obstacles. Some of these gives the defenders stats to an extent. Breaking them with take the bonuses away from them if applicable as well as letting you walk over where it is destroyed. Anything you break is temporary and will be restored.
  3. Hold. Defend will make it so that Corrin will move only if they come in range. Hold will make him/her stay.
Edited by Takeru

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I want to fill the support log and recruit the children, but at the same time, I REALLY want to finish the Revelation route and story.

So what I'm wondering is: How hard is it to recruit all the children in Revelation post-game? Are there some children who become downright impossible after a certain point in the main story?

Besides Kana, I never recruited a single child unit in Fates, so I have no idea what most of the paralouges are like (besides that they scale with the game progress).

Ok, so I want to fill the support log and recruit the children, but at the same time, I REALLY want to finish the Revelation route and story.

So what I'm wondering is: How hard is it to recruit all the children in Revelation post-game? Are there some children who become downright impossible after a certain point in the main story?

Besides Kana, I never recruited a single child unit in Fates, so I have no idea what most of the paralouges are like (besides that they scale with the game progress).

From what I read, Shiro, Ignatius, and Forrest's paralogues become especially bad after chapter 18, at the least. (To go into detail: Shiro is liable to kill himself on the nearest enemy before you can get there, Ignatius starts out on the other side of a map, being threatened by Master Ninjas, and Forrest's paralogue is stealth, to an extent - get spotted by an enemy, and the alarm goes off, and an enemy is sent to kill Forrest. Worse yet, in Revelations, you don't get the fathers of the former and the latter until the one-two punch of chapters 16 and 17)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

From what I read, Shiro, Ignatius, and Forrest's paralogues become especially bad after chapter 18, at the least. (To go into detail: Shiro is liable to kill himself on the nearest enemy before you can get there, Ignatius starts out on the other side of a map, being threatened by Master Ninjas, and Forrest's paralogue is stealth, to an extent - get spotted by an enemy, and the alarm goes off, and an enemy is sent to kill Forrest. Worse yet, in Revelations, you don't get the fathers of the former and the latter until the one-two punch of chapters 16 and 17)

Forrest's paralog is helpd by the fact that the enemy starts halfwy across the map (in a special section of map that exists to waste the enemie's time). It still requires you to play reasionably well, though. I remeber cheezing shiro bhy something complicated involving rescue staffs and pair up to get to him quickly.

What is effective speed and how does it work?

Effective Speed is the amount of Speed stat added upon initiating battle, but reverts to its base stat outside of battle.

What's the most efficient/fastest way to level up my team? Should I just focus & create few overpowered unit? Or should I distribute my EXP evenly?

I only want to finish the main game, not interested in PvP or any DLC.

Currently playing Birthright in Normal - Classic.

Edited by onmyoji

What's the most efficient/fastest way to level up my team? Should I just focus & create few overpowered unit? Or should I distribute my EXP evenly?

Because of the new Exp formula, which is stricter on higher level units, low-manning isn't very effective, which means that first option is kaput.

So something weird happened when trying to bond with my little brother's game and mine:

I was aiming for a particular personal skill, so with my revelations file and my little brother's birthright game card I formed a bond, I had saved just before a bond unit is created so of i did not like i used another new save file from my little brother's birthright game, it worked nicely until in my revelations file I changed my file to another one, when I returned to the birthright gamecard I updated the other file calling card, and when i tried to give an accessory to the previous one intead of forming a bond unit it just strenghtened, like it reseted or something.

So anyone knows if this always happen, like if you are just a gift away to form a bond unit, if you obtain the calling card of other file it resets?

There's ~15 deployment slots near the end of the game. Just focus on a dedicated team of units, Fire Emblem games don't usually involve grinding up all units. The best number of units to keep to speed would be the amount of deployment slots available each chapter. And if you ever find yourself stuck, you can scout for skirmishes to grind.

The royals are all useful units (especially Ryoma and Takumi due to their legendary weapons), and it benefits to have units that fill different niches (flying unit, Archer, 1-2 Ninja, 1 magic dude, etc.)

I'm trying to figure out growth rates for Shigue. Since the child is Azura's son, rather than the father's, does the parent's variable growth rate inherited from the father, or Azura?

To my knowledge, growth rates are affected by both parents. They'd get the normal class advancement rates, but the parents' Boon and Bane stats also take effect on the stat growths. I.e. if your Avatar with +Str -Mag (hypothetical only) marries a unit with +Def -Res, the child would have both Boons and Banes, +Str +Def -Mag -Res.

What units have a high chance of making good food at the Mess Hall?

I know Flora has a high chance of making "Delicious" food, which gives +1 to the 2 food ingredients you used, plus one random stat up, but she's the only one I know who makes good food often.

What units have a high chance of making good food at the Mess Hall?

I know Flora has a high chance of making "Delicious" food, which gives +1 to the 2 food ingredients you used, plus one random stat up, but she's the only one I know who makes good food often.

This page tells you who makes what type of food:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/restaurant/

How does Streetpass work for multiple save files? Is it the last savefile that was saved / loaded that people can Streetpass, or is it always the one that has uploaded the castle?

If I'm not wrong (though I don't know that I'm 100% correct), it's the last file you used Update Data on.

There's ~15 deployment slots near the end of the game. Just focus on a dedicated team of units, Fire Emblem games don't usually involve grinding up all units. The best number of units to keep to speed would be the amount of deployment slots available each chapter. And if you ever find yourself stuck, you can scout for skirmishes to grind.

The royals are all useful units (especially Ryoma and Takumi due to their legendary weapons), and it benefits to have units that fill different niches (flying unit, Archer, 1-2 Ninja, 1 magic dude, etc.)

Thank you :)

I do agree, except on Takumi (I'm just EXTREMELY hesitant to give him even so much as a third of the credit that everyone and their grandma is willing to hand out to him).

This page tells you who makes what type of food:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/restaurant/

Ah, thank you. I thought I had checked that page didn't see that it told me what everyone made.

What accessories do units in your castle enjoy receiving more than others? I know Nyx likes Royal Feather, and Keaton likes bath towel, for example.

Ah, thank you. I thought I had checked that page didn't see that it told me what everyone made.

What accessories do units in your castle enjoy receiving more than others? I know Nyx likes Royal Feather, and Keaton likes bath towel, for example.

Check out my list here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4i7g41/units_favorite_accessories/

what the heck is up with Shigure's paralogue?? the writing is just so confusing. There are weird breaks in the dialogue, and Shigure isn't playable on the map despite saying "yes I'm going to fight with you". and then there's also Azura's "I slipped into the deeprealm for a moment, and all your friends are dead".

Am I missing something or is the writing especially sloppy with this one?