"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

What takes higher priority in Conquest (Lunatic if you care), getting as much Gold as possible or getting as much EXP for your units as possible?

Such as in Chapter 8 (save as many villages as possible, or let them all spawn enemies to get the most exp?) and Percys paralogue (murder everything or try to lure in as many enemy units as possible to get as much gold as possible?). Don't know if there are any other scenarios where the decision of Gold or EXP comes into play.

Honestly, I prioritized EXP. I didn't need to spend all that much gold on Lunatic, but Chapter 26 was annoying because none of my characters were leveled enough.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What takes higher priority in Conquest (Lunatic if you care), getting as much Gold as possible or getting as much EXP for your units as possible?

Such as in Chapter 8 (save as many villages as possible, or let them all spawn enemies to get the most exp?) and Percys paralogue (murder everything or try to lure in as many enemy units as possible to get as much gold as possible?). Don't know if there are any other scenarios where the decision of Gold or EXP comes into play.

You get 10K Gold for saving at least 3 villages in Chapter 8, IIRC. EXP is more important generally, because if you grab profiteer and salvage blow for your units (via MyCastle stuffs) early, that will mitigate the need for money by a good bit over the course of the game.

Without DLC however, there is a hard limit to how much EXP you can get in Conquest. While incredibly inefficient in the long run, it is always possible to get more money by selling stuff you get from your characters at your castle.

Does anyone know if Dragon Ward, Lucky Seven, or the "when you initiate the attack" skills work in Arena? I'm pretty sure that breaker skills don't work there. Are there any other skills that don't work in arena?

Also, do weapons that lower your health after battle (Berserker's Axe, Ganglari, Sacrificial Knife), trigger before, or after Lifetaker?

Edited by ToP

You get 10K Gold for saving at least 3 villages in Chapter 8, IIRC. EXP is more important generally, because if you grab profiteer and salvage blow for your units (via MyCastle stuffs) early, that will mitigate the need for money by a good bit over the course of the game.

Without DLC however, there is a hard limit to how much EXP you can get in Conquest. While incredibly inefficient in the long run, it is always possible to get more money by selling stuff you get from your characters at your castle.

Does anyone know if Dragon Ward, Lucky Seven, or the "when you initiate the attack" skills work in Arena? I'm pretty sure that breaker skills don't work there. Are there any other skills that don't work in arena?

also remember that 10 Paralogues is a lot of exp as well that not everyone usually takes advantage of fully. I only did ~5 in Hard Conquest and most of my units were capped. getting more exp early also means less exp later because of increases lvl so it's just diminishing returns

Also, do weapons that lower your health after battle (Berserker's Axe, Ganglari, Sacrificial Knife), trigger before, or after Lifetaker?

Certain Blow, Duelist's Blow, etc. seem to work in the arena, from what I've seen at least. Not so sure about Lucky Seven and Dragon Ward...

So Silas has been on arena duty for multiple consecutive battles now. Can someone perhaps explain? As far as I know, it's supposed to be random and I don't think there is an accessory that makes units more likely to be on arena duty(he isn't wearing any accessory currently).

Is there a full list of weapons that characters can find in My Castle? I know there's a list for lottery, what about the free weapons they pick up from the ground?

There may be a few more, but this is what I've found:

-Every "[Character]'s [Weapon]" excluding the Amiibo ones or weapons from the other route

-Raider Weapons (Hoshido): Raider Katana, Raider Yumi, Raider Naginata

-Brigand Weapons (Nohr): Bragand Axe, Brigand Knife, Disrobing Gale

-Joke Weapons (Hoshido): Daikon Radish, Bamboo Pole, Carp Steamer, Chopstick, Bamboo Yumi, Paper, Lantern

-Joke Weapons (Nohr): Bottle, Broom, Frying Pan, Quill Pen, Rubber Bow, Ember, Candy Cane

-Mundane Weapons (Hoshido): Parasol, Pine Branch, Hoe, Hair Pin, Malevolent Text

-Mundane Weapons (Nohr): Umbrella, Stick, Bone Axe, Stale Bread, Violin Bow, Moonlight

There may be a few more, but this is what I've found:

-Every "[Character]'s [Weapon]" excluding the Amiibo ones or weapons from the other route

-Raider Weapons (Hoshido): Raider Katana, Raider Yumi, Raider Naginata

-Brigand Weapons (Nohr): Bragand Axe, Brigand Knife, Disrobing Gale

-Joke Weapons (Hoshido): Daikon Radish, Bamboo Pole, Carp Steamer, Chopstick, Bamboo Yumi, Paper, Lantern

-Joke Weapons (Nohr): Bottle, Broom, Frying Pan, Quill Pen, Rubber Bow, Ember, Candy Cane

-Mundane Weapons (Hoshido): Parasol, Pine Branch, Hoe, Hair Pin, Malevolent Text

-Mundane Weapons (Nohr): Umbrella, Stick, Bone Axe, Stale Bread, Violin Bow, Moonlight

Thanks, apparently I keep receiving a large number of only a few of those. I must have had like 10+ Peri's Lances by now and no other character's weapons...

Edited by Qilin

So Silas has been on arena duty for multiple consecutive battles now. Can someone perhaps explain? As far as I know, it's supposed to be random and I don't think there is an accessory that makes units more likely to be on arena duty(he isn't wearing any accessory currently).

There is an Accessory for the Arena. The other ones are for the Lottery, Mess Hall, Prison, Hot Springs, Staff Store, Weapon Shop, Accessory Shop and Smithy.

Breaker skills do work. Proc'd skills work as well, including Blows. As for the two you mentioned, I'm not sure.

So if I where to get a ballistican and give them all the seal skills would they active when I used the ballista command on an enemy or would I have to use a bow.

So if I where to get a ballistican and give them all the seal skills would they active when I used the ballista command on an enemy or would I have to use a bow.

You would have to actually attack the enemy if you want to use the Seal skills (get into range and use the Attack command). The Ballista command is like using a turret.

Edited by Roflolxp54

You would have to actually attack the enemy if you want to use the Seal skills (get into range and use the Attack command). The Ballista command is like using a turret.

THe ballista command is a turret using your current attack power and (i think) accuracy stats. "+x to damage dealt" skills like bowfare are not counted, but debuffs that would occure after normally using the weapon are not applied (like the silver bow's debuff.) As such, you want to equip your most powerful weapon that has decent accuracy when using the cannon command, because the disadvantages are usualy irrelevant (i use a forged silver bow, because the debuff is not applied). However, effective damage (caused by using the spellbane yumi, needle bow, or blessed bow) is calculated. The ballista command also leaves enemies at at least 1hp. I have not yet tried setsuma's yumi or the shining bow to see how they work.

Edited by sirmola

There is an Accessory for the Arena. The other ones are for the Lottery, Mess Hall, Prison, Hot Springs, Staff Store, Weapon Shop, Accessory Shop and Smithy.

Oops. I went back and checked that he has the Arena Shield on. He's a Hero so it didn't stand out to me. Thanks for answering my question

Is there a place where I can read all pairing epilogue slides? So I decide which character I want to pair Corrin with on BR/CQ vs. REV path.

I ask this since the FE wiki is incomplete and is severely lacking ._.

Is there a place where I can read all pairing epilogue slides? So I decide which character I want to pair Corrin with on BR/CQ vs. REV path.

I ask this since the FE wiki is incomplete and is severely lacking ._.

Character Endings

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63713

Female Avatar has unique Revelation paired endings, unlike Male Avatar who has the same ones for all 3 paths.

Edited by Rose

I want to know if the Visit Points from a castle from a previous file will transfer to a new file? Also, will the castle code remain the same if I update my castle to a different file?

Yes and yes. Once you update and leave/exit or something you should notice the points, and the address will always be the same.

I was told I recently made a bond unit with someone. But when I update my data and check to see if I have any available, no one shows up, and they don't show up in my Unit Logbook either.

How can I get them?

I was told I recently made a bond unit with someone. But when I update my data and check to see if I have any available, no one shows up, and they don't show up in my Unit Logbook either.

How can I get them?

When you click on the orb, go to your Inbox. There's an option called "Bond Units". Check that.

Hi! I think I need some help again, with some question related to the childrens.

First: It's good to change Kana to another class? I want to make him a Dread Fighter, but then his personal skill will not be usefull anymore. Is his skill worth it or it doesn't matter? Just or extra info, my Corrin have STR as asset and is married to Kaden, so Kana's MAG aren't that high

And second: How good or bad is Subaki x Orochi for Caeldori? My only girls left are: Orochi, Nyx, Luna and Setsuna... And for the boys: Laslow, Odin and Subaki. I was thinking in leave Nyx with Odin, but which would be "the best options" for them in this case?

Hi! I think I need some help again, with some question related to the childrens.

First: It's good to change Kana to another class? I want to make him a Dread Fighter, but then his personal skill will not be usefull anymore. Is his skill worth it or it doesn't matter? Just or extra info, my Corrin have STR as asset and is married to Kaden, so Kana's MAG aren't that high

And second: How good or bad is Subaki x Orochi for Caeldori? My only girls left are: Orochi, Nyx, Luna and Setsuna... And for the boys: Laslow, Odin and Subaki. I was thinking in leave Nyx with Odin, but which would be "the best options" for them in this case?

Depends on what you want Kana to do. And even then, his personal skill is only useful in his base class and its promotions. He can do plenty fine based on what his stats allow him to do. (A +STR/-DEF Charlotte!Dwyer/Siegbert Kana can land over 1000 damage as a Ballistician depending on his skills setup)

SubakixOrochi = Caeldori with nice Magic and Skill mods (+4 and +5 mods respectively and 40% and 45% personal growth rates respectively). Will be pretty slow (-3 SPD mod and 27.5% personal growth rate). Her DEF mod bonus gets reduced a bit for having Orochi has her mother.

How can I get them?

Did you go to someone's castle, gift them an accessory, then get a message like "You and the other person breathed life into the earth...."

EUBL2pW.jpg

Or did the other player tell you that they created a Bond Unit?

Bond Units are only created personally for 1 person. So for example, if Player A owns Player B's Calling Card, Player B does not own Player A's Calling Card, and both players exchange accessories, only Player A will receive Bond Units.