"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Currently planning my pairings in Revelations and having most of my characters marry 'cross faction'. I've heard this could be a problem though... what exactly could go wrong? Which characters are not compatable?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently planning my pairings in Revelations and having most of my characters marry 'cross faction'. I've heard this could be a problem though... what exactly could go wrong? Which characters are not compatable?

The issue is that each character only has two cross faction pairings.

The issue is that each character only has two cross faction pairings.

Its apperently pretty easy to marry people cross faction in such a way that two people have no vallid parings left, due to the limited number of vallid cross faction pairings. THis issue can be solved simply by planning out all pairings before hand. and making sure that all pairing s are vallid by either checking whether s supports exist, or using a chart (which i have seen before, but cant seem to find now.) Alternatevly, it dosn't matter if you don't try to mairy everyone.

Edited by sirmola

About to start Revelations

What would be a good Talent for an Avatar with Boon Resistance and Sickly as my Bane? I'm thinking Ninja but Sorcerer could work...

Edited by Kevlar

Its apperently pretty easy to marry people cross faction in such a way that two people have no vallid parings left, due to the limited number of vallid cross faction pairings. THis issue can be solved simply by planning out all pairings before hand. and making sure that all pairing s are vallid by either checking whether s supports exist, or using a chart (which i have seen before, but cant seem to find now.) Alternatevly, it dosn't matter if you don't try to mairy everyone.

Yes! That's what I mean. But I can't seem to find a chart for it. Might just need to look everyone up individually and I would prefer to get all the child units.

Edited by Chopstixzz

That's what I was getting at.

Yes! That's what I mean. But I can't seem to find a chart for it. Might just need to look everyone up individually and I would prefer to get all the child units.

This page has who can support with who (the bottom list is the one you're looking for, as it has the Revelation-exclusive supports).

EDIT: Are Elise!Ophelia and Felicia!Ophelia very different from each other? Ditto for Elise!Nina and Felicia!Nina.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

That's what I was getting at.

This page has who can support with who (the bottom list is the one you're looking for, as it has the Revelation-exclusive supports).

EDIT: Are Elise!Ophelia and Felicia!Ophelia very different from each other? Ditto for Elise!Nina and Felicia!Nina.

I think I'll let the growths speak for themselves:

Ophelia:

Elise!Ophelia:

HP - 38

STR - 10

MAG - 55

SKL - 33

SPD - 50

LCK - 68

DEF - 18

RES - 35

Felicia!Ophelia

HP - 43

STR - 13

MAG- 40

SKL- 35

SPD- 43

LCK - 60

DEF - 18

RES - 33

Nina:

Elise!Nina:

HP - 30

STR - 25

MAG - 48

SKL - 30

SPD - 48

LCK - 60

DEF - 20

RES - 43

Felicia!Nina

HP - 35

STR - 28

MAG - 33

SKL - 33

SPD - 40

LCK - 53

DEF - 20

RES - 40

As you can see, Felicia grants very slightly higher HP, STR and SKL, while Elise gives significantly higher MAG, SPD and LCK with slightly higher RES. Overall I'd say Elise is the superior mother, especially if you're planning on making the child a magic user - 15 MAG growth in both cases is quite a bit.

Does anybody know how exactly the reinforcements work for Conquest Chapter 24? I'm pretty sure some of them are triggered based on position (I remember a bunch spawning once I reached Hinoka in Normal Mode), but are there any based solely on turn? I haven't exactly dug into the Chapter yet on Hard Mode, so I'm just curious what to expect and when (knowing where reinforcements spawned from made 22 a lot more manageable).

Two questions here. :):

1) In Revelation, only my Birthright and Revelation cutscenes are appearing in the Records Hall. I have not completed Conquest yet, however I've watched multiple cutscenes. Is this normal?

2) If I purchase the Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Robin. amiibos for Fates, can I S-rank support them so they appear in my Private Quarters? Will Robin always appear as male?

Two questions here. :):

1) In Revelation, only my Birthright and Revelation cutscenes are appearing in the Records Hall. I have not completed Conquest yet, however I've watched multiple cutscenes. Is this normal?

2) If I purchase the Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Robin. amiibos for Fates, can I S-rank support them so they appear in my Private Quarters? Will Robin always appear as male?

1) I'd assume yes.

2) No. And yes, Robin will always appear as male.

1) I'd assume yes.

2) No. And yes, Robin will always appear as male.

Thank you.

Perhaps I worded the first question oddly, so just for clarification...

In my Birthright copy, just Birthright cutscenes appear.

In my Conquest copy, both Birthright and Nohr cutscenes appear.

In my Revelation copy, Birhtright/Revelation cutscenes appear, not Conquest.

Maybe I will have to beat Conquest for them to appear? My friend has all 3 versions' cutscenes appear in her Revelation copy.

Thank you.

Maybe I will have to beat Conquest for them to appear? My friend has all 3 versions' cutscenes appear in her Revelation copy.

I believe which cutscenes appear depends on when you started the file. Judging from your situation, I'd say you cleared Birthright first, then started Conquest/Revelation, and then before beating the Endgame on that file, you started a Revelation/Conquest file. Once you clear a route, all new files you start from that point on will have the cutscenes from the relevant route available, but it's not retroactive.

At least that's my guess from observation.

I believe which cutscenes appear depends on when you started the file. Judging from your situation, I'd say you cleared Birthright first, then started Conquest/Revelation, and then before beating the Endgame on that file, you started a Revelation/Conquest file. Once you clear a route, all new files you start from that point on will have the cutscenes from the relevant route available, but it's not retroactive.

At least that's my guess from observation.

I just checked my original Birthright file, and this is not the case. Despite being started before it, my original Birthright file has all of the cutscenes from Revelation (which I beat) and none of the cutscenes from Conquest (which I haven't beat). So it would appear that all cutscenes for a given route unlock on the other two routes after you finish the first route for the first time. I imagine it's the same with the expanded castle assistant roster that includes all generics, which I have access to on my new game of Conquest despite having not yet beat it.

Edited by AzureSen

Thank you.

You must first beat that specific route before you can view its cutscenes on the other routes. So once you beat Conquest, you can view those cutscenes on your Revelation and Birthright files. The same applies to Revelation.

If I remember correctly you have to start a new file after you beat a route to see the CS in the Theater. Mean: if you beat bithrigth and create a new file for conquest you can see the birthrigth CS in Conquest, but you can't watch the Conquest CS in Birthrigth because you created the Bithrigth File before you got the Conquest CS.

If I remember correctly you have to start a new file after you beat a route to see the CS in the Theater. Mean: if you beat bithrigth and create a new file for conquest you can see the birthrigth CS in Conquest, but you can't watch the Conquest CS in Birthrigth because you created the Bithrigth File before you got the Conquest CS.

Not true. What matters is viewing the animated cutscene and saving afterwards. Stuff viewable in the Records Hall is saved to the global save file.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I apologize if this isn't the right thread to ask--I just think my question doesn't need an entire thread to itself.

What would be a good secondary class for Corrin to take when marrying Kaden? I'm not really concerned about what's best for Kana since I don't use him much; I'm more interested in what's best for Kaden. If it makes a difference, I'm planning on going Str+/Lck-.

I apologize if this isn't the right thread to ask--I just think my question doesn't need an entire thread to itself.

What would be a good secondary class for Corrin to take when marrying Kaden? I'm not really concerned about what's best for Kana since I don't use him much; I'm more interested in what's best for Kaden. If it makes a difference, I'm planning on going Str+/Lck-.

Swordmaster (Samurai) or Master Ninja (Ninja) if you want to take advantage of Kaden's Speed growths.

Kinshi Knight (Sky Knight or Archer) could be another option.

Swordmaster (Samurai) or Master Ninja (Ninja) if you want to take advantage of Kaden's Speed growths.

Kinshi Knight (Sky Knight or Archer) could be another option.

I'll probably go with Ninja since Kaden can get Samurai from Hinata and I want to stick to a class that can use swords.

Thank you for answering!

Does the unit limit in Revelation get higher than in birthright or conquest to accommodate for the increased roster, or do I have to narrow it down to 14-16 still?

Unfortunately, you're still limited to around 14-16 units in the last levels of Revelation, so you'll have to narrow it down.

Does anyone know why those 3 invasion battles are still in Conquest while it's supposed to be a game with no grinding options outside of DLC? I've been confused by this. Do they serve any other purpose that I am missing or anything?

Does the unit limit in Revelation get higher than in birthright or conquest to accommodate for the increased roster, or do I have to narrow it down to 14-16 still?

No. It actualy gets LOWER for some mysitfying reason. Endgame allows fewer people (although chapter 27 allows the same number). The number of deployment slots also increases much more slowly.

is there a map pack 3 or is it just a rummor

The maps are packaged differently in japan vs. elseware, so japan has 3 map packs while everyone else has two. THe western map pack 1 contains japanese map packs 1 and 2. No additional DLC has been announced yet. There are three very good reasons to belive that there will be more.

1. 2 japanese maps are not out here yet (hoshidian and nohrian festival of bonds, each of which gives you infinate copies of the reclass items you get in "before awakening").

2. All dlc items are on the code of the game, but some DLC items don't have an associated DLC out yet. You can also only get one copy of paragon at present.

3. There is no map out yet with a 5 star dificulty rating. It would be kind of stupid to have a 5 star difficulty rating system and only use 4 stars of it.

Edited by sirmola