"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Not sure if anyone uses this thread anymore, but anyway: Revelation is unique in that it allows you to build things from both Birthright and Conquest. When planning a run, one of my main concerns is the amount of class-changing seals that can be bought before Ch. 20 (they’re unlimited after that): how does that interact with the dual shops?

For instance, you can buy one Heart Seal with the Lv1 shop in other paths: does that mean you can buy two Heart Seals if you have both shops built, or are the seals “shared” between the two?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, Goddess Serra said:

Not sure if anyone uses this thread anymore, but anyway: Revelation is unique in that it allows you to build things from both Birthright and Conquest. When planning a run, one of my main concerns is the amount of class-changing seals that can be bought before Ch. 20 (they’re unlimited after that): how does that interact with the dual shops?

For instance, you can buy one Heart Seal with the Lv1 shop in other paths: does that mean you can buy two Heart Seals if you have both shops built, or are the seals “shared” between the two?

All shops have their own stock.  So using your example, you will be able to buy two Heart Seals, one from each shop.

• 3 months later...

I just have a quick question about using a heart seal. I know that whoever I use a heart seal on will remain at their current level. If I were to for example heart seal Jakob to a Paladin by level 15 after picking up Tomebreaker, will he still be able to learn defender and aegis?

7 hours ago, Barren said:

I just have a quick question about using a heart seal. I know that whoever I use a heart seal on will remain at their current level. If I were to for example heart seal Jakob to a Paladin by level 15 after picking up Tomebreaker, will he still be able to learn defender and aegis?

Yeah, he will however learn the class skills of the Cav line first - Shelter and Elbow Room. So lvl 16, 17, 18, 19 you´ll get skills. If you then reclass to another completely different classline you´ll get those skills too.

4 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Yeah, he will however learn the class skills of the Cav line first - Shelter and Elbow Room. So lvl 16, 17, 18, 19 you´ll get skills. If you then reclass to another completely different classline you´ll get those skills too.

Ahh awesome! Thanks for the tip!

• 1 year later...

Someone tried to argue Subaki can be a carry in Revelation. But that's something I have a lot of issues accepting, considering Corrin is practically forced to be the early carry in Revelation due to your lack of units (only themselves, Azura and Felicia/Jakob for most of chapter 7, and them plus Gunter for 8; sure, one could get Mozu immediately after chapter 7, but imho it ain't worth it. Also, many of those cannot take hits well). Is there any truth to this, or is this just hot air?

• 3 weeks later...

1. Do units purchased from the Einherjar shop remain in your party permanently or just 1 chapter?

2. How hard is Lunatic mode of Birthright relative to other games in the series?

I'm probably not best suited to answer these questions, but since no one else has answered yet...

On 2/28/2024 at 11:32 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Someone tried to argue Subaki can be a carry in Revelation. But that's something I have a lot of issues accepting, considering Corrin is practically forced to be the early carry in Revelation due to your lack of units (only themselves, Azura and Felicia/Jakob for most of chapter 7, and them plus Gunter for 8; sure, one could get Mozu immediately after chapter 7, but imho it ain't worth it. Also, many of those cannot take hits well). Is there any truth to this, or is this just hot air?

I don't know that Subaki has the stats to do it really, so my gut instinct is no, but generally speaking people don't care whether something is worth it or not when playing the games, and there is a lot of room for build and character diversity in fates.

On 3/18/2024 at 8:41 AM, Cdijk16 said:

2. How hard is Lunatic mode of Birthright relative to other games in the series?

There are two ways to approach it. If you go in completely blind I'd say that it's on par with something like HHM; it's moderately difficult but nothing compared to something like Lunatic+ in Awakening. If you plan out your builds and use something overpowered it can be a complete cakewalk, but that's just my opinion.

13 hours ago, samthedigital said:

I'm probably not best suited to answer these questions, but since no one else has answered yet...

I don't know that Subaki has the stats to do it really, so my gut instinct is no, but generally speaking people don't care whether something is worth it or not when playing the games, and there is a lot of room for build and character diversity in fates.

There are two ways to approach it. If you go in completely blind I'd say that it's on par with something like HHM; it's moderately difficult but nothing compared to something like Lunatic+ in Awakening. If you plan out your builds and use something overpowered it can be a complete cakewalk, but that's just my opinion.

I see. How hard would you say Birthright Lunatic is relative to Conquest?

47 minutes ago, Cdijk16 said:

I see. How hard would you say Birthright Lunatic is relative to Conquest?

People say that some maps are as difficult as Hard mode in Conquest, but that the vast majority of maps are a lot easier. It's pretty subjective though and depends on your experience with the series. I didn't find that Lunatic was much of a jump from Hard mode in Conquest personally, and when I did eventually get to Birthright I had a lot of Fates experience already which made the game a lot less challenging for me.

Edited by samthedigital