"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

This is probably petty, but one of the things that bothered me in Awakening was that some units didn't get unique models when they promoted from their base class (I didn't really mind if they second sealed and had a generic model though). What's it like in this one? Do all units have at least one unique model when promoted?

Much like Awakening, most units have one, some have both. Odin has the most unique models as his secondary has them too.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little funs questions that I came up with:

• Are there going to be DLC maps, and will some DLC maps be exclusive to several routes?
  • Will EXP gain from DLC maps be limited to the Hoshido/Invisible Route to prevent player abuse from the Nohr route (or have a map that is similar to EXPonential Growth and The Golden Gaffe be Hoshido/Invisible Route exclusive)?
  • How do you get Dragon Vein Points for My Castle (I'm pretty sure someone asked this before)?
  • Why do people think that Mozume sucks as an "Est" unit? Is it worth training her in Nohr Lunatic difficulty?
  • Also, relating to the last question, what recommended classes I should class/reclass Mozume to in Nohr route, Hoshido route, and Invisible Kingdom route?
  • Suppose I have a level 2 Vendor and bought out all the Parallel Seals and visit another player's My Castle with a level 3 vendor, will the Parallel Seals be out of stock if I visited that castle?

Little funs questions that I came up with:

• 1. Are there going to be DLC maps, and will some DLC maps be exclusive to several routes?
  • 2. Will EXP gain from DLC maps be limited to the Hoshido/Invisible Route to prevent player abuse from the Nohr route (or have a map that is similar to EXPonential Growth and The Golden Gaffe be Hoshido/Invisible Route exclusive)?
  • 3. How do you get Dragon Vein Points for My Castle (I'm pretty sure someone asked this before)?
  • 4. Why do people think that Mozume sucks as an "Est" unit? Is it worth training her in Nohr Lunatic difficulty?
  • 5. Also, relating to the last question, what recommended classes I should class/reclass Mozume to in Nohr route, Hoshido route, and Invisible Kingdom route?
  • 6. Suppose I have a level 2 Vendor and bought out all the Parallel Seals and visit another player's My Castle with a level 3 vendor, will the Parallel Seals be out of stock if I visited that castle?

1. There will almost certainly be DLC maps, but none have been released aside from the Third Path.

2. We can't really know this yet.

3. Every time you beat a map, whether completing a Chapter or Paralogue or just fighting an enemy encounter, you get one Dragon Vein point. After visting another player's castle, you get like a tenth of a Dragon's Vein point.

4. Mozume needs to be babied and fed kills to train, and since none of your other units are really tough enough to protect her early-game, it can be tricky to train her. In Hoshido, you can grind her by buying encounters on early-game maps to fight weak enemies, but in Nohr, you're better off using your time training the others, as they need it.

5. In Hoshido and Invisible kingdom, make her whatever you want. In Nohr, I suggest almost immediately reclassing her to Bowman with a Parallel Seal as she will be able to contribute more and kill while staying out of danger. There are also a lot of Pegasus Warriors in Chapter 10 just a little after you get Mozume, so she'll have a chance to be useful and level up. The chapter also has two balistae, so you could have her man one while Zero mans the other.

6. If you go to a player's castle who has a level 3 vendor, you can buy Parallel Seals regardless of the status of your own shop.

Can people A+ Support Kamui?

Can you A+ support a character you could S-Support with, but they already have an S-Support with someone else? [i.e. Oboro has an A support with Takumi, but Takumi has an S-Support with Rinkah already. Can Oboro A+ Takumi?]

Can you A+ support a character you could S-Support with, but they already have an S-Support with someone else? [i.e. Oboro has an A support with Takumi, but Takumi has an S-Support with Rinkah already. Can Oboro A+ Takumi?]

No Kamui can't A+ support.

That's not a problem because A+ only works with characters of the same gender. Female A+ female and male A+ male.

Okay, here is how A+ supports work. Any same gendered characters who share a A rank support can choose one other character with an A rank support and make them their A+ support buddy. The characters don't need to be mutual A+ support buddies. Once chosen, this bond can't be undone.

Example: If Oboro has an A rank support with Kagerou and Rinka, she can choose between either of them to be her A+ rank support. Kagerou and Rinka can choose other people to A+ support with besides Oboro.

Characters who have an A+ rank can use a Buddy Seal to change into that character's class.

Kamui can't A+ rank with anyone but for any same gendered A rank support he can use a Buddy Seal to change their class.

Important note: No one can use a Buddy Seal to change into Kamui's class, even if Kamui can change into their class.

TL;DR: People can't A+ support with Kamui and you can't A+ support opposite gender characters.

Edited by NekoKnight

I believe Kamui can A+-support somehow though. I've been able to use the buddy seal for both Strategist and Butler on one save file and Ninja on another. I suspect it depends on who he A-ranks first.

Edited by Thane

Question: For skills that refer to "the lead unit" such as Soleil's Girl Lover (When user is the lead unit, if their support unit is female, damage +2 and damage received -2) does it refer to being in attack stance, guard stance or both?

I believe Kamui can A+-support somehow though. I've been able to use the buddy seal for both Strategist and Butler on one save file and Ninja on another. I suspect it depends on who he A-ranks first.

He can use a buddy seal to change into any class of characters he shares A ranks with. But no one can A+ rank him so they can't get his class.

Edited by NekoKnight

Question: For skills that refer to "the lead unit" such as Soleil's Girl Lover (When user is the lead unit, if their support unit is female, damage +2 and damage received -2) does it refer to being in attack stance, guard stance or both?

He can use a buddy seal to change into any class of characters he shares A ranks with. But no one can A+ rank him so they can't get his class.

Both

In Nohr, are there units that are particularly worth using and putting experience into?

Zero. You'll appreciate having trained him when you run into double flier guard stance teams like the reinforcements in Chapter 14.

Otherwise, it's up to your preference. I find it nice to have units with either high speed or high defence ready. A good defensive unit can take very little damage even if they can double you.

Zero. You'll appreciate having trained him when you run into double flier guard stance teams like the reinforcements in Chapter 14.

Otherwise, it's up to your preference. I find it nice to have units with either high speed or high defence ready. A good defensive unit can take very little damage even if they can double you.

Effie. Pieri. Berka. At least one of the Mercs [Luna/Lazwald]. Tank up.

Just two questions, sorry if they have been asked:

1.Do you get Dragon Vein Points from skirmishes?

2.By just playing through the game and doing all the paralouges, do you get enough DVP to buy and upgrade everything in My Castle or do you have to do skirmishes, MC battles etc...

I have a question.

With Characters like Izana, Crimson, and Yuugiri why is it that they can only have a support with Kamui and if S-supported the child. I mean in Awakening smaller characters like Tiki or Basilo had more than one support option. Does it have to do with game mechanics or something?

Just two questions, sorry if they have been asked:

1.Do you get Dragon Vein Points from skirmishes?

2.By just playing through the game and doing all the paralouges, do you get enough DVP to buy and upgrade everything in My Castle or do you have to do skirmishes, MC battles etc...

1: Yes

2: No

I have a question.

With Characters like Izana, Crimson, and Yuugiri why is it that they can only have a support with Kamui and if S-supported the child. I mean in Awakening smaller characters like Tiki or Basilo had more than one support option. Does it have to do with game mechanics or something?

No story reason, but all of the "Kamui-sexual" units are pre-premoted characters meant to fill holes on your team, so they are intentionally inferior and less flexible to give the player incentive to train the initially weaker units. Edited by gayserbeam

More questions relating to Mozume:

• Is she a more useful unit in the Nohr route than the Hoshido route since there aren't a lot of characters in the Nohr route (except Zero) that can use bows and one of Mozume's best reclass option is the Bowman for early game safety reasons?
  • I've heard Takumi is a stronger bowman than Mozume because of his higher starting stats and his unique bow, is that true? And what advantages Mozume has as a bowman over Takumi?
  • Is Silas/Mozume the best marriage option, or are there any better ones?

Also, another question in regards to the Hoshido and Nohr units you get in general in different routes. What advantages do the Hoshido units have over Nohr units and vice versa? And the disadvantages.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

More questions relating to Mozume:

• 1. Is she a more useful unit in the Nohr route than the Hoshido route since there aren't a lot of characters in the Nohr route (except Zero) that can use bows and one of Mozume's best reclass option is the Bowman for early game safety reasons?
  • 2. I've heard Takumi is a stronger bowman than Mozume because of his higher starting stats and his unique bow, is that true? And what advantages Mozume has as a bowman over Takumi?
  • 3. Is Silas/Mozume the best marriage option, or are there any better ones?
Also, another question in regards to the Hoshido and Nohr units you get in general in different routes. What advantages do the Hoshido units have over Nohr units and vice versa? And the disadvantages.

1. She certainly doesn't serve any vital role in Hoshido, but the early bowman thing is useful in Nohr, so I suppse yes, she has more of a niche in Nohr even if she is harder to train there.

2. Takumi is certainly better right off the bat and will be useful the whole game. His bow lets him ignore movement penalties from terrain and is stronger than most weapons at the point he joins, so he is a great unit. Mozume almost certainly will end up statisically superior, though. For example, my Holy Bowman Mozume ended up with, at 20/20, 33 STR, 7 MAG, 38 SKL, 35 SPD, 31 LCK, 31 DEF, and 18 RES. Takumi won't cap five stats like Mozume.

In general, Hoshido units have lower HP and defense.

This may be a stupid question, but, are there any form of skirmishes in Nohr?Based on gameplay I have seen, a lot of the time peoplr go onto the world map in Nohr, there are more levels then just Chapters and Paralouges.I know there is no grinding to the extent of Hoshido but is there some form of skirmishes in Norh?

This may be a stupid question, but, are there any form of skirmishes in Nohr?Based on gameplay I have seen, a lot of the time peoplr go onto the world map in Nohr, there are more levels then just Chapters and Paralouges.I know there is no grinding to the extent of Hoshido but is there some form of skirmishes in Norh?

In my last Nohr playthrough, after chapter 6 there was an Encounter like the ones in Hoshido. Another never showed up.

Meanwhile, you get three in Hoshido for just leaving you game off for a day or after any chapter, aside from the ones you summon.

Is there a limit to how many My Castle battles/visits you can perform per hour, day or chapter break? Similarly, is there a limit to how many times you can battle or visit one specific player's Castle?

Also does staff usage drop and doesn't revert after My Castle battles? It seems it doesn't in online battles, but I want to know specifically for the Physics/Autumn Festals, which I'm annoyed you can only buy 5 of per file.

Is there a limit to how many My Castle battles/visits you can perform per hour, day or chapter break? Similarly, is there a limit to how many times you can battle or visit one specific player's Castle?

Also does staff usage drop and doesn't revert after My Castle battles? It seems it doesn't in online battles, but I want to know specifically for the Physics/Autumn Festals, which I'm annoyed you can only buy 5 of per file.

Do anything at someone's castle, and you can't visit them again until the next day.

Fight, buy something, whatever. Only the resources are free.

Edited by gayserbeam

Do anything at someone's castle, and you can't visit them again until the next day.

Fight, buy something, whatever. Only the resources are free.

Thanks for the answer. Have you ever encountered/seen any limit to how many you can visit per day?