"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Thanks for the answer. Have you ever encountered/seen any limit to how many you can visit per day?

On the first few days the game came out I almost ran out of actual castles with level 3 shops to visit, but no, there doesn't seem to be an actual limit to how many you can visit. The only thing stopping you from grinding 99 of every resource from people's castles is your patience and your wifi.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a My Castle battle, is it possible to not take a unit/skill?

A follow up question, is it possible to delete units that you have gotten from My Castle from your logbook or whatever they call it in this game?

Oh ok. Thanks. I'll try to get better wifi by then.

Playing Hoshido, what non-infinite staves did you find in level 3 Nohrian vendors?

You can't buy limited stock over wifi, so none. Everyone just sells Heal and Mend.

How many voices do F!Kamui and M!Kamui have? I don't understand what the voice customization options stand for in the videos I've seen :c

Also, if somebody has an audio with all of them would you mind sharing it? I'd love to hear them clearly ;w;

Edited by amaicherii

How many voices do F!Kamui and M!Kamui have? I don't understand what the voice customization options stand for in the videos I've seen :c

Also, if somebody has an audio with all of them would you mind sharing it? I'd love to hear them clearly ;w;

There are five for each gender, with variations in formality, pitch and tone. You choose the voice from a grid that measures the level of formality and age, with the following possibilities:

Male Avatar:

Young+Dominant

Dominant

Middle

Energetic

Mature+Energetic

Female Avatar:

Dominant

Middle

Energetic

Young+Energetic

Mature

EDIT: The words I translated as "energetic" and "domineering" are genki (元気) and takabisha (高飛車). Could anyone perhaps offer a slightly better translation? My Japanese is pretty shaky

Edited by gayserbeam

There are five for each gender, with variations in formality, pitch and tone. You choose the voice from a grid that measures the level of formality and age, with the following possibilities:

Male Avatar:

Young+Dominant

Dominant

Middle

Energetic

Mature+Energetic

Female Avatar:

Dominant

Middle

Energetic

Young+Energetic

Mature

I see! Thanks for the info :D

How do the Dark Flier and Dread Fighter promotion items work? Can you use them each twice per play through? If you change out of those classes, do you have to use them again to change into them again, or are the classes "learned" and available again with a parallel seal?

Speaking of which, how would you get the special class promotion items if you buy the physical copies of the game? Would there be some code that you could input to confirm that you bought 2 or 3 games?

How do the Dark Flier and Dread Fighter promotion items work? Can you use them each twice per play through? If you change out of those classes, do you have to use them again to change into them again, or are the classes "learned" and available again with a parallel seal?

[REDACTED]

Speaking of which, how would you get the special class promotion items if you buy the physical copies of the game? Would there be some code that you could input to confirm that you bought 2 or 3 games?

In My Castle, interact with the blue crystal ball. Since downloaded routes are stored in your SD card regardless of how you got the initial game, this method is the same for physical and digital copies.

...Unless you're buying each game physically, separate from each other. If you're the kind of player who wants to go physical for everything, Special Edition is pretty much the only way to go. Good luck with that.

Edited by nocturnal YL

You don't use it twice per playthrough, you just get two of them per playthrough. In every playthrough you can go to the blue sphere in My Castle and grab any rewards (like the class scrolls) from a menu there, just like the Bonus Box.

After using the Dread Scroll / Falcon Feather you permanently have that class available as a reclass option with a Parallel Seal.

With the physical copy, you can download the other two routes as DLC from the EShop. When you download a route, the gane keeps track, just like the digital copy.

In my last Nohr playthrough, after chapter 6 there was an Encounter like the ones in Hoshido. Another never showed up.

Meanwhile, you get three in Hoshido for just leaving you game off for a day or after any chapter, aside from the ones you summon.

Fairly certain you're referring to Defensive Battles (防衛戦) that occur in your My Castle. You get three total per game (Entitled "防衛戦1", 2, and 3) regardless of which path you play. They are unlocked with story progression and will not reappear once you have completed them. You will not get any more. Just those three. Unlike My Castle battles against other players (These are against generic enemies.), you will receive experience during them in Nohr, too.

The limitless skirmishes that appear in Hoshido are Encounter Battles (遭遇戦) and can be found (or purchased) in maps that you've already beaten. These aren't in Nohr at all.

Thanks to people who answered my question! I was hoping to buy a physical copy for Hoshido and Nohr, but I guess that plan's out of the window...

Fairly certain you're referring to Defensive Battles (防衛戦) that occur in your My Castle. You get three total per game (Entitled "防衛戦1", 2, and 3) regardless of which path you play. They are unlocked with story progression and will not reappear once you have completed them. You will not get any more. Just those three. Unlike My Castle battles against other players (These are against generic enemies.), you will receive experience during them in Nohr, too.

The limitless skirmishes that appear in Hoshido are Encounter Battles (遭遇戦) and can be found (or purchased) in maps that you've already beaten. These aren't in Nohr at all.

If you don't mind me asking, when exactly do you get them throughout the story? Is it on a set chapter, or does it just happen randomly early game, middle game, or late game? I'd like to be prepared before getting thrust into a random, unrepeatable battle, haha.

You have to manually select the battles, so you can postpone them until the very end, if you want. There's absolutely no rush to do them, though because the levels of the enemies are fixed, if you're desperate for experience, you should probably do them early on.

They'll unlock after clearing:

1. Chapter 8
  2. Chapter 17
  3. Chapter 26

...on any of the three paths.

Sorry if these were already answered, but I don't feel like looking through 20+ pages.

1) Which characters stood out the most to you, in terms of usability?

2) How are Luna, Odin, and Lazward? I liked them in Awakening and was planning on using them, but I want to know how they perform during the main game.

How does the onsen/hot spring work? Do you randomly meet characters or...? Are there any compilations of the characters dialogues available?

It seems random to me but the number of characters you can meet increases by the rank of the onsen (one, two and three persons).

How does the onsen/hot spring work? Do you randomly meet characters or...? Are there any compilations of the characters dialogues available?

Like other buildings, there are three promotions, and the level of the onsen dictates how many characters will be in the bath. (Level one will have one, level two will have two...) Entering for a second time after encountering another character -- or other characters -- will show Kamui bathing alone.

There aren't actually any benefits of using it (i.e. support points or temporary stat bonuses), and the characters seem to be randomly generated. I went to check for the sake of answering you properly, and I got two characters with A supports and one with a C, for example. I'm not sure what the likelihood of seeing characters of the same gender versus another are, but as F!Kamui I've only ever walked in on males. (Granted, I only checked around five or so times...)

The dialogue changes depending on your character's gender and whether they are married to the other character in the onsen or not. Translations of the married quotes can be found here.

I can read the menu, there is an actual Encounter after chapter 6, like the ones in Hoshido. I just did the decision a few times over and over to prove I wasn't crazy, and out of four tries an Encounter spawned randomly after Chapter 7. So Encounters can spawn in Nohr, just either only one (as EXP after chapter 7) or quite infrequently.

Also, I just did Nohr chapter seven twice in a row to prove a point...that chapter is not fun.

Edited by gayserbeam

Like other buildings, there are three promotions, and the level of the onsen dictates how many characters will be in the bath. (Level one will have one, level two will have two...) Entering for a second time after encountering another character -- or other characters -- will show Kamui bathing alone.

There aren't actually any benefits of using it (i.e. support points or temporary stat bonuses), and the characters seem to be randomly generated. I went to check for the sake of answering you properly, and I got two characters with A supports and one with a C, for example. I'm not sure what the likelihood of seeing characters of the same gender versus another are, but as F!Kamui I've only ever walked in on males. (Granted, I only checked around five or so times...)

The dialogue changes depending on your character's gender and whether they are married to the other character in the onsen or not. Translations of the married quotes can be found here.

Thank you very much!! :D

Just want some confirmation on story/timeline details

So, if Kamui is kidnapped as an infant, then Sakura wouldn't have been born yet, right? But then that means that Sumeragi should still be married to Ikona and Mikoto hadn't arrived at Hoshido yet, since it's mentioned that Mikoto brought a newborn with her.

And was Aqua or Kamui taken first? Aqua definitely has memories of being in Nohr and being mistreated by the concubines, so I'm guessing that Shenmei faked her death before Aqua was kidnapped, since doing that to a legitimate princess is pretty ehh? So then Aqua would be older than Kamui? I'm not asking for definitive answers, but are these contradicted anywhere in the game?

Just want some confirmation on story/timeline details

So, if Kamui is kidnapped as an infant, then Sakura wouldn't have been born yet, right? But then that means that Sumeragi should still be married to Ikona and Mikoto hadn't arrived at Hoshido yet, since it's mentioned that Mikoto brought a newborn with her.

And was Aqua or Kamui taken first? Aqua definitely has memories of being in Nohr and being mistreated by the concubines, so I'm guessing that Shenmei faked her death before Aqua was kidnapped, since doing that to a legitimate princess is pretty ehh? So then Aqua would be older than Kamui? I'm not asking for definitive answers, but are these contradicted anywhere in the game?

Yeah that about Kamui being kidnapped as an infant knowing that Sakura seems to be way younger is kinda of weird but I guess body builts? I really don't know.

And Kamui was the first to be taken so either Kamui has easy ammesia or was younger than Aqua when kidnapped wich once again body builts. But also I heard someone say that after Cyrus was almost killed for being nice to Kamui they apperantly did something to Kamui to make she/he forget about him because she/he wouldn't stop crying over him. Maybe they did the same when Kamui first came to Nohr? Made her/him forget about Hoshido?

Edited by Yari

Sorry if these were already answered, but I don't feel like looking through 20+ pages.

1) Which characters stood out the most to you, in terms of usability?

2) How are Luna, Odin, and Lazward? I liked them in Awakening and was planning on using them, but I want to know how they perform during the main game.

1) Berka for defense, Zero for being a speedy bow user (need to watch for his def, though), and the Elise/Elfi pair for physical and magical defence. Like early FE9 Maniac, good defenders are useful even with high-speed enemies around.

For the most part, I just used whoever I like. Zero is more or less mandatory for being a bow user.

2) I heard Odin has good growth, but his output wasn't high enough so I gave him up in favour of Nyx. Luna is good if you want to give Berka a supporter to make up for her lack of speed. By the time I got Lazward, I ran out of space to put him in. I tend to use early units, so unfortunately he has to move aside.

There's no particularly bad units in this game (at least, nothing like Radiant Dawn's Laguz Emancipation Army), so feel free to use anyone. Again, just keep Zero, whatever you do.

Yeah that about Kamui being kidnapped as an infant knowing that Sakura seems to be way younger is kinda of weird but I guess body builts? I really don't know.

And Kamui was the first to be taken so either Kamui has easy ammesia or was younger than Aqua when kidnapped wich once again body builts. But also I heard someone say that after Cyrus was almost killed for being nice to Kamui they apperantly did something to Kamui to make she/he forget about him because she/he wouldn't stop crying over him. Maybe they did the same when Kamui first came to Nohr? Made her/him forget about Hoshido?

Thanks for that. I guess the timeline is just a bit wonky.

For the first point I guess I'm just hc'ing that Kamui ages a bit slower due to being half-dragon and all, so Kamui isn't really an infant at that point.