"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Hi there.

Does somebody know if nintendo gift cards are region locked?

I imported my 3ds and Fates from japan and realy want that sweet DLC, but i only have 1 EU card here.

If it is region locked, how can obtain a japanese GC?

You can't use eshop cards from other regions, but I think you can use credit cards from other regions (Visa and Mastercard). You could also buy eshop cards from sites like play-asia, but you'll end up losing some money since the cards tend to cost a bit more (even if they are tax free or on discount).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the third path handle the amount of units from both the Hoshido and Nohr routes? Do some units just get left out in the third path or is there just an ABSURD amount of units?

All units that are playable are playable in the 3rd route with the exception of 3.(Well 2, one is unconfirmed but most likely unplayable)Also, there is one new unit exclusive to the 3rd route.(Being Fuuga)

That's a shame regardless of who it is, but is this a big problem or is it not that big a deal? I guess what I'm asking is, are these characters people will miss or no?

That's a shame regardless of who it is, but is this a big problem or is it not that big a deal? I guess what I'm asking is, are these characters people will miss or no?

Well it really depends.The three characters are all characters that can only support with Kamui.They do not produce a child and are all prepromotes that would appear late game anyways.One of them is playable for 2 chapters till they bite the dust.One just dies after a chapter on screen and the other appears but just does not seem to be playable(Though as I said this is unconfirmed).However there is the possibility of Spot Pass chapters bringing them back though.

So I was looking around and heard someone mention cartridge-locked classes.What does this mean?

They're referring to classes already in the base game, which "require" DLC to unlock.

Great Lord and Lodestar requires the Encounter with Awakening DLC, which admittedly is free, but you only get one of each.

Grandmaster seems to require the Invisible History DLC.

But all three of those classes can be gotten for free if you have the Amiibos (just not on your characters).

There's also Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon, which require 2 or 3 campaigns bought (you get two of each max) or you can get unlimited from the "Battle for the Strongest Royal" DLC.

...And finally the mysterious Ballistician and Witch classes that cannot be obtained yet, but are probably unlocked via DLC or some other special means. I'm thinking the latter though, unless the special means is also DLC...

Depends how much you like them. The 3 characters you probably can't play in the 3rd route are

Izana, Yukimura and (technically) Crimson

Maybe I missed one.

TECHNICALLY Crimson? What does that mean...? Oh no! I really love Crimson!

[spoiler=Big spoiler]She kicks the bucket. It's unavoidable and a fairly significant (and slightly cheesy) plot point.

I'm assuming she dies for Ryoma, because I've seen people ship Crimson and Ryoma with a burning passion, and I can't imagine another reason why.

I hope that's not the case, simply because that means I just spoiled myself without even reading the spoilers, lol.

Elaborating on Vincent's point… (obviously, large spoilers):

On the 3rd route, Crimson is playable for about two chapters and skirmishes if you do them before moving further in the story. Then she gets killed in a storyline death and becomes unplayable for the rest of the game. I think its like Chapter 18 in which she gets killed. Also, she actually dies for Kamui, as they get attacked and she pushes him/her out of the way, saving Kamui's life but ultimately taking the attack herself in the process, which kills her.

Edited by astrophys

I'm assuming she dies for Ryoma, because I've seen people ship Crimson and Ryoma with a burning passion, and I can't imagine another reason why.

I hope that's not the case, simply because that means I just spoiled myself without even reading the spoilers, lol.

People ship them cause they are just so easy to ship.And no a certain event those not happen cause Ryoma,

People ship them cause they are just so easy to ship.And no a certain event those not happen cause Ryoma,

Because Ryoma...?

And okay, it's a huge relief to hear that my theory's wrong. I'll just avoid the big spoilers and wait for the localization to see what happens, then.

Because Ryoma...?

And okay, it's a huge relief to hear that my theory's wrong. I'll just avoid the big spoilers and wait for the localization to see what happens, then.

Well in every chapter Crimson is in, Ryoma is also there with the exception if 1.Also she is always shown with him in the chapters she is a main character so people just shipped them(Me being one of those people).It's just a pity that she is a kamuisexual.

Lobster was indeed not the reason, yes.

One of the people I follow translated some dialogue on their playthrough of IK and, let's just say it's quite shippable dialogue.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Lobster was indeed not the reason, yes.

One of the people I follow translated some dialogue on their playthrough of IK and, let's just say it's quite shippable dialogue.

Thor, my friend, I am afraid if I do not see said dialogue I will die.Please, I need a link.

Edited by Azz01

Thor, my friend, I am afraid if I do not see said dialogue I will die.Please, I need a link.

http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/124432633082/i-could-ship-them (this is the relevant conversation)

http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/124488781582/i-dont-understand-why-cant-they-get-married-on (this is, well, spoilers)

Both links are obvious spoilers, but second one is a more serious spoiler for those of you who want to avoid spoilers.

Edited by Thor Odinson

http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/124432633082/i-could-ship-them (this is the relevant conversation)

http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/124488781582/i-dont-understand-why-cant-they-get-married-on (this is, well, spoilers)

Both links are obvious spoilers, but second one is a more serious spoiler for those of you who want to avoid spoilers.

Thank you sir I shall live another day but that second one thought ;_______;

Yeah I know me too

Being the masochist that I am I'm also drawing that scene l m a o fuck me

May Naga have mercy on you.

I have a few questions about the new DLC map "Sacred Mountain of Fear":

• Is it similar to the EXPonential Growth from Awakening where you can train your units? And is this map available in the Nohr route? Because if it is, it's really kills the purpose of "limited resources" challenge of the Nohr path.
  • I heard the map is supposed to be harder in comparison to EXPonential Growth, how is it harder? Is it that you can't grind off from the map easily like you do in ExPonential Growth?
Edited by Dark Paladin X

Hello everyone, I was wondering if hitrate increasing skills such as Raven Strike work on staves? I just want to make sure that Draw/Weaken are extremely useful in the right set up.

Edited by Psyruby

I have a few questions about the new DLC map "Sacred Mountain of Fear":

• Is it similar to the EXPonential Growth from Awakening where you can train your units? And is this map available in the Nohr route? Because if it is, it's really kills the purpose of "limited resources" challenge of the Nohr path.
  • I heard the map is supposed to be harder in comparison to EXPonential Growth, how is it harder? Is it that you can't grind off from the map easily like you do in ExPonential Growth?

1. Yes and yes.

2. There's a lot more mobs and reinforcements. Also, the mobs actually do damage and will attack you, and the map isn't as...flat and straight...as exponential growth - there's a lot more obstacles. And the mobs have decent skills too, such as defensive formation, cut through, pass, etc. They will still try to leave the map towards the end, but they are aggressive at the beginning. Exp is still pretty high, but it's not as simple as exponential growth, and mob levels do scale.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if hitrate increasing skills such as Raven Strike work on staves? I just want to make sure that Draw/Weaken are extremely useful in the right set up.

I tried with Swordbreaker and had no hitrate bonus.

Hrm, do stats affect the hitrate? Or is it just a flat 50%/60%/80% chance?

They definitely affect it, in my above test I had Flora use Draw on a lv 18 Trueblade and the hit chance was 72%