"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

When you use an item during a PvP/Streetpass battle, does it lose its use permanently? (For instance, I remember a lot of players used to spam Brave Weapons in Streetpass battles since their uses were restored after a battle.)

There is no durability, so are you asking about items or staves?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no durability, so are you asking about items or staves?

Apologies for that, I should have clarified. Yes, I'm asking about items and staves; I was simply referring to the weapons utilized in Awakening as an example.

Edited by Riku

Apologies for that, I should have clarified. Yes, I'm asking about items and staves; I was simply referring to the weapons utilized in Awakening as an example.

As far as I can tell, staves do not run out on PvP battles? But I'm not entirely sure, and I also haven't tested out if using staves or items in streetpass runs out. I do know that online castle battles do not run out, though. After online castle battles, everything you did is undone, including trades between units.

When I played PvP, my Flora had 2 heal uses, but my actual file had 5 uses.

Couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the site. How many generic units can one have recruited at any given time? I was hoping to make a team full of the captured boss units.

I currently have 18 units I recruited from online battles, and 2 more from amiibo, making 20 in total. I don't know if that is equivalent to captured units, but both have the green shield icon on their sprite, so I'd assume they act the same.

You'll probably be able to pull it off. Sorry if it doesn't, though :(

End game maps require about 10 units so it's possible. The max number of units you can have in the logbook is 99, so if you can hire them all, the max is 99. I believe the cap for number you can hire at once is lower though, around 20 if I recall correctly.

Is it a fixed fee to grind on the Hoshido maps, and will you always get more gold than you spend?

Each area on the map has a different price to summon an Encounter there, and more expensive areas have stronger enemies.

You'll generally find that two to four of the enemies are holding 1000G. In midgame, this can mean you'll actually be making a profit, as you'll be making an average of 2300 and only spending about 1500. However, later on, the high-level encounters will be too expensive for you to be making net income.

Are the new stuff the amiibos add worth buying them?

An Amiibo is at least $10, and for that you get one character and one map. Meanwhile, there is a free DLC out that lets you get the Lodestar and Great Lord classes on whoever you want, and several $3 DLC maps that have much more to offer than the bare-bones Amiibo maps.

So from a value perspective? No, I'd argue that it is not worth buying an Amiibo just for Fates.

Edited by gayserbeam

Each area on the map has a different price to summon an Encounter there, and more expensive areas have stronger enemies.

You'll generally find that two to four of the enemies are holding 1000G. In midgame, this can mean you'll actually be making a profit, as you'll be making an average of 2300 and only spending about 1500. However, later on, the high-level encounters will be too expensive for you to be making net income.

Thank you very much!

Also worth mentioning that skirmishes, if the boss is a ninja, the boss will have a staff/baton/stat booster item. I've only noticed that recently but every time I got a ninja skirmish after I noticed it was always a staff/baton/stat booster. I haven't gotten any Adventurers yet but I suspect they might do that too.

Amiibos give you another unit(obviously) and you can get an accessory based on them when you scan them and they man your accessory shop.

Edited by Aidil

An Amiibo is at least $10, and for that you get one character and one map. Meanwhile, there is a free DLC out that lets you get the Lodestar and Great Lord classes on whoever you want, and several $3 DLC maps that have much more to offer than the bare-bones Amiibo maps.

So from a value perspective? No, I'd argue that it is not worth buying an Amiibo just for Fates.

Not to forget how rare Fire Emblem amiibo can be.

Unless you're lucky, your best chance at getting one is to buy one online for at least double the retail price.

Once they die they can't be used in battle again, if you're on classic. I think the ones essential to cutscenes still hang around for them but yeah, you can't select them for battle anymore. My Jakob died in my Chapter 6 Lunatic run and I had to reset because I was fooled by the cutscene too. :(

Is this the ハンデ無しvsハンで有り difference you're talking about? If so the limited mode would be the one that scales the enemies down to your level, while in normal you get a discount on the skills you can buy from the other player after you win. I think.

On a completely unrelated note...

Are amiibo region locked or can I use my Australia-bought amiibo on my Japanese copy of the game?

Thanks for the answer!

Are side stories time sensitive or can you do them anytime before beating the game? (playing Nohr if that matters)

Are side stories time sensitive or can you do them anytime before beating the game? (playing Nohr if that matters)

Sidequests / Paralogues? The childrens' paralogues? I believe you can do them whenever you feel.

Also worth mentioning that skirmishes, if the boss is a ninja, the boss will have a staff/baton/stat booster item. I've only noticed that recently but every time I got a ninja skirmish after I noticed it was always a staff/baton/stat booster. I haven't gotten any Adventurers yet but I suspect they might do that too.

Amiibos give you another unit(obviously) and you can get an accessory based on them when you scan them and they man your accessory shop.

In Awakening, Barbarians/Thieves and their promotions always held staves [Hammerne/Fortify], stat boosters or Brave weapons. Since Barbarian's out and there's 3 less axe using classes, Berserkers might just drop axes. If you notice any others that do, can you post it here?

Speaking of amiibo, do the Marth and Lucina from the TCG DLC codes also appear on the shops and sell their replica weapons/accessories?

In Awakening, Barbarians/Thieves and their promotions always held staves [Hammerne/Fortify], stat boosters or Brave weapons. Since Barbarian's out and there's 3 less axe using classes, Berserkers might just drop axes. If you notice any others that do, can you post it here?

Speaking of amiibo, do the Marth and Lucina from the TCG DLC codes also appear on the shops and sell their replica weapons/accessories?

I read somewhere that you can t get thr accessories if you summon them by card.

Does anyone know if you can use Amiibos multiple times on different devices in Fates?

A friend of mine has all Amiibos, I wouwould like to use his for free dlc.

Besides Mozume's, are all paralogues tied to children?

EDIT: Also, is it true that animations for when you hover over a unit sprite are gone?

Edited by The DanMan

Pretty much.Also they all scale depending on far you are in the story and how late you do them.(I don't know about Mozume's though)

I read somewhere that you can t get thr accessories if you summon them by card.

Does anyone know if you can use Amiibos multiple times on different devices in Fates?

A friend of mine has all Amiibos, I wouwould like to use his for free dlc.

You can tap each Amiibo once per save file on any device. It's read-only, so the Amiibo itself doesn't even remember that it touched your device.

No encounters drop weapons, but you can get them from sparkling event tiles.

Do you get experience from streetpass battles in Hoshido? What are all the ways of earning extra experience in Hoshido?

I believe you can get experience from any battle in the Hoshido route with the exception of PvP for obvious reasons.However I may be wrong.

You get experience from streetpass battles if the unit you attack can attack back, or has something equipped. I'm not sure how this works for healers, but when getting skills I noticed if I attack units that don't have any items on them, I don't get exp from them.

You can get exp from skirmishes and DLC.

You get experience from streetpass battles if the unit you attack can attack back, or has something equipped. I'm not sure how this works for healers, but when getting skills I noticed if I attack units that don't have any items on them, I don't get exp from them.

You can get exp from skirmishes and DLC.

Ah, they fixed that cause of Awakening probably. Back when durability was a thing(swings cane), you could make the boss run out of weapon durability and then just wail on him for free exp if he was on a healing spot.