"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I read somewhere that you can buy Einherjar, does this mean past characters are playable again? Beyond just the Amiibo and Cipher exclusives

I really hope so, since the ability to make a dream team in Awakening is honestly why I keep playing it.

Also I read that there was an Awakening save import feature, if so, what does it do?

Thanks in advance

Posts to "I just want to know one thing" thread, asks two things. I clearly like to live dangerously.

Edited by MCProductions

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that you can buy Einherjar, does this mean past characters are playable again? Beyond just the Amiibo and Cipher exclusives

I really hope so, since the ability to make a dream team in Awakening is honestly why I keep playing it.

Also I read that there was an Awakening save import feature, if so, what does it do?

Thanks in advance

Posts to "I just want to know one thing" thread, asks two things. I clearly like to live dangerously.

The save import gives you an accessory of the fire emblem shield which you can stick on your shoulder in a weird way.

I've actually got a question.

I've never used Weaponmaster, so I wonder what people's opinion on "Line of Death" is. It really doesn't seem like a good skill against AI units, who almost always outnumber you and would therefore benefit from the extra 10 damage more. Am I missing something here?

I use that on my debuffer Saizou for his passive to proc (But I have to be careful not to get him killed)

Also on my Gold-kite-rider Mozume, it can compensate the low damage of the 3-range bow,

Or I can rush the target units with her. You don't know how finishing a map in 3 rounds feels until you try it yourself.

Edited by derekai

Can Shigure inherit either of Azura's level 25 and 35 Singer skills?

I heard from somewhere that the update allows you to turn off cut ins. Can we choose which character's cut ins to turn off or does it apply for everyone?

Edited by Magician Lugh

I've actually got a question.

I've never used Weaponmaster, so I wonder what people's opinion on "Line of Death" is. It really doesn't seem like a good skill against AI units, who almost always outnumber you and would therefore benefit from the extra 10 damage more. Am I missing something here?

I'd say "Powerup Letdown" describes it best, for reasons already stated.

Thanks in advance

When the say "buy Einhergar", the mean either (a) characters obtained from My Castle battles, or (b) generics that you can buy from My Castle.

And I do not believe there is any bonus for Awakening save data.

I have just two question about reclassing:

1) If i use a parallel seal on a level one promoted unit for reclassing it into a base class, it starts from level 20?

2) Since Kamui only needs a support level of A for using the buddy seal, he/she can have virtually every class in the game right?

1) If i use a parallel seal on a level one promoted unit for reclassing it into a base class, it starts from level 20?

2) Since Kamui only needs a support level of A for using the buddy seal, he/she can have virtually every class in the game right?

1) You can't reclass into a base class from a promoted class. Once you are promoted, you are promoted forever. If you promote from a level 1 promoted class into a class with 40 levels, like Dread Fighter, you'll be level 21.

There's no reason to switch to unpremoted classes though, because you'll learn their skills in the promoted class. For example, if Camilla marries Zero and reclasses into a Bow Knight, on her next level up, she'll start learning Outlaw skills.

2) Kamui can only use the Buddy Seal for same-sex characters. Since you can only marry one character, some classes are unavailable in some routes. For example, you can never be a Lance Fighter or Oni in Nohr unless you choose it as your secondary class. You can also never be a Villager, Garu, Singer, or Fox Spirit.

Edited by gayserbeam

From what I've heard, you can't change from a promoted class into a base class.

1) You can't reclass into a base class from a promoted class. Once you are promoted, you are promoted forever. If you promote from a level 1 promoted class into a class with 40 levels, like Dread Fighter, you'll be level 21.

There's no reason to switch to unpremoted classes though, because you'll learn their skills in the promoted class. For example, if Camilla marries Zero and reclasses into a Bow Knight, on her next level up, she'll start learning Outlaw skills.

2) Kamui can only use the Buddy Seal for same-sex characters. Since you can only marry one character, some classes are unavailable in some routes. For example, you can never be a Lance Fighter or Oni in Nohr unless you choose it as your secondary class.

Yes i know how works the ability in this game, but since i like Camilla and she starts promoted i was wondering if exist a method to give her a little stat boost just after her recruitment.

You're answer for the second question just confirm my thought.

Thanks for the clarification.

Question, if you parallel seal out of an DLC class, can you use a parallel seal to change back to it later?

Yes.You only need to have been in that class once to be able to reclass to it again with a parallel seal.

I don't want spoilers, but I'd like an answer to this:

What happens after a character death? For instance, if Character A dies because of story issues, does he disappear as a unit? What about the items in his inventory? Do they get placed in the Convoy, or does he just run off with them? What about his child? Is it possible to unlock his child paralogue if he had achieved an S rank with someone, or does the paralogue go poof all of a sudden?

I'm not sure about "Foreign Princess" lol, but he can inherit her level 25 skill, Voice of Peace.

Shigure for #1 Foreign Princess. Somebody make that happen.

Edited by Magician Lugh

question on Felicia/Jakob (early recruit). they can lvl up to Lvl 40 so it seems like they have 4 inbuilt Eternal seals but is it really Eternals Seals or just simply special limit removal? so, reclass into Dread Fighter, can she go to 60 naturally? heard if they do reclass into Dread Fighter, it's +20 lvls? I assume they can't reclass into Tier 1?

I know they also have their own exp formula to not be treated like a prepromote, is this true even if reclassed?

question on Felicia/Jakob (early recruit). they can lvl up to Lvl 40 so it seems like they have 4 inbuilt Eternal seals but is it really Eternals Seals or just simply special limit removal? so, reclass into Dread Fighter, can she go to 60 naturally? heard if they do reclass into Dread Fighter, it's +20 lvls? I assume they can't reclass into Tier 1?

I know they also have their own exp formula to not be treated like a prepromote, is this true even if reclassed?

Considering there's nothing else besides eternal seals that increase the level cap and nothing seems to point otherwise, it seems to be eternal seals.

Eternal seals increase the level cap for the character by 5 each so +20 for 4 seals. As a level 1 promoted class is usually treated as a level 21 and this is no different, a level 40 Maid/Butler reclassing to Dread Fighter ends up being level 60.

There is no reclassing from a promoted to a prepromote as level don't reset, Felicia/Jokob is no exception.

The current theory seems that there's a new exp formula that early promotes aren't automatically considered 20/- and yes this seems to be true even when reclassing.

Link to the topic for reference http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56253&page=2#entry3924454

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

So what's the level cap for Eternal Seals? Like, can you get to Lv. 100 or something if you get enough of them or are they limited.

Currently there is no known cap however on the status screen they only show up to Lv. 99.

Where can I obtain a Nosferatu tome in the Hoshido path? Every Nohrian armory I visit only has the generic E Rank to B Rank weapons.

It's dropped in the story

What is Lunatic like in this game?

I would say it's about as difficult as FE13 Lunatic, or less. More difficult than a lot of other things I've played (except crazy shenanigans like FE11/12 Lunatic (Reverse)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

What are the bonuses you get from having S-Rank Axes again?

EDIT: Also, how is critical hit rate determined again? Is it still Skill/2?

Having an S rank in Axes let you use a 22 Mt, 75 acc, 15 Crit Axe that halves your strength every other time you use it and +20 Crit, -5 Crit Evade for being a Berserker. And Crit is Skill/2-2. Don't let the Crit fool you, you are actually more likely to crit in this game compared to awakening.

Edited by Psyruby

Having an S rank in Axes let you use a 22 Mt, 75 acc, 15 Crit Axe that halves your strength every other time you use it and +20 Crit, -5 Crit Evade for being a Berserker. And Crit is Skill/2-2. Don't let the Crit fool you, you are actually more likely to crit in this game compared to awakening.

What? I thought this game was anti-crit to the point where you'd need to build around it to have any real chance of doing so? Either way, it sounds like from where I'm standing, I'm not missing out on much if I don't have a Berserker... Though that mentality might come from most axe mainers having serious issues that result in axes being one of my less used weapon types, a trend that Fates didn't seem to buck.

Edited by Levant Colthearts