"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there generics who use the DLC classes (Dark Falcon, Dread Fighter, Witch, and Ballistician, primarily), and thus do they have portraits?

No. You can reclass other generics to that, but their portraits won't change.

So because I'm a weirdo who's interested in leveling generics, I'm curious to know what kind of skills are possible on generic Lancers. Their class doesn't get any, so they're stuck with whatever they come with + DLC skills. So far I have found Defense +2, Confined Defense, Strength +2, Cut Through, Open Assault, and Underdog. These were on Normal, so I was wondering if anyone had a Lunatic file they could test and see what they come with on skirmishes.

So because I'm a weirdo who's interested in leveling generics, I'm curious to know what kind of skills are possible on generic Lancers. Their class doesn't get any, so they're stuck with whatever they come with + DLC skills. So far I have found Defense +2, Confined Defense, Strength +2, Cut Through, Open Assault, and Underdog. These were on Normal, so I was wondering if anyone had a Lunatic file they could test and see what they come with on skirmishes.

This level 40 Lancer encounter I just pulled up has Lancers with Confined Defense, Lancefaire, Underdog, Strength +2, Defense +2 and Defensive Formation. One also had a Beast Killer +7. God I wish we could steal weapons. Edited by gayserbeam

This level 40 Lancer encounter I just pulled up has Lancers with Confined Defense, Lancefaire, Underdog, Strength +2, Defense +2 and Defensive Formation. One also had a Beast Killer +7. God I wish we could steal weapons.

Thanks for checking that for me! I'll have to nab one of those whenever I get around to playing Lunatic. I'm a little more interested in those throwing Irons, Steels, and Silvers the enemies sometimes carry. =(

Does anyone know if double RNG is still in the game? For the past two weeks, I've been trying to get through Chapter 20 Nohr.... and every fucking time, a hit rate that's over 80% will miss during a key moment. Like, I initiate an attack but the hit misses, the counter hit is probably gonna kill Owain, so I have Elise use the Freeze staff, and that 83% misses too, so I have Aqua dance Owain and attack again, the 80% misses again, and I'm screwed.

So this may be a bit of a spoilery question so I will put it in spoiler tags:

Can Gunter support Kamui and Joker in IK or is he not able too since what happens in chapter 26?

So this may be a bit of a spoilery question so I will put it in spoiler tags:

Can Gunter support Kamui and Joker in IK or is he not able too since what happens in chapter 26?

Gunter can't support in Invisible Kingdom. Not that he has that many options in the first place anyway

Is Hana's name pronounced like "Hannah" or "Hanna"?

I was talking with my sister and we agreed that "Hana" would be pronounced "Hanna", and that it would be "Hannah" if there was an "h" at the end. But the woman in the nintendo treehouse thing said "Hannah".

Is Hana's name pronounced like "Hannah" or "Hanna"?

I was talking with my sister and we agreed that "Hana" would be pronounced "Hanna", and that it would be "Hannah" if there was an "h" at the end. But the woman in the nintendo treehouse thing said "Hannah".

...I'm not sure about the difference between those, but Japanese names are phonetic and have no syllable stress. It is simply HA - NA.

It's an "A" sound like "across" or "against", not an "A" like in "apple".

Edited by gayserbeam

I'm asking about a minor gameplay spoiler, so here goes...

Do you face Zero as an enemy in Hoshido and, if so, is there a way to not kill him or are you forced to kill him?

Edited by Leif

Do you face Zero as an enemy in Hoshido and, if so, is there a way to not kill him or are you forced to kill him?

Yes you do battle him and you must defeat him however he does not die canonically.He is alive at the end of Hoshido.

He's an enemy, but it is a "defeat boss" chapter and he isn't the boss. He survives anyway.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by gayserbeam

Yes you do battle him and you must defeat him however he does not die canonically.He is alive at the end of Hoshido.

He's an enemy, but it is a "defeat boss" chapter and he isn't the boss. He survives anyway.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Sweet. Thank goodness.

I'm sorry if any of these were answered, I haven't been here in a few weeks:

1) What is the max level a promoted unit can reach? I've heard the highest is 40, but I don't know if that includes an unpromoted unit reaching level 20. I also know there's a seal that raises your level 5 levels once you max out.

2) In Awakening I generally promoted unpromoted units as soon as they hit level 10. Since I hear Fates doesn't allow unlimited leveling like Awakening, this means it's better to wait till an unpromoted unit reaches level 20 before promoting them (like in the old games) right?

3) I've heard Master Seals are rare up until you upgrade your vendor shop to a certain level (I think Silver?). Is this true of the other seals in this game as well?

I'm sorry if any of these were answered, I haven't been here in a few weeks:

1) What is the max level a promoted unit can reach? I've heard the highest is 40, but I don't know if that includes an unpromoted unit reaching level 20. I also know there's a seal that raises your level 5 levels once you max out.

Just like the other games, you can level an unpremoted to 20, promote them, and then level then up to 20. However, special classes like Dread Fighter, Dark Falcon and Singer have a cap of 40, because they are neither promoted or unpremoted.

The item is called an Eternal Seal. It lets a max-level unit take five more levels. They can be used seemingly infinitely, but your level will visibly never go higher than 99.

2) In Awakening I generally promoted unpromoted units as soon as they hit level 10. Since I hear Fates doesn't allow unlimited leveling like Awakening, this means it's better to wait till an unpromoted unit reaches level 20 before promoting them (like in the old games) right?

Promoted units gain less EXP and you'll be unable to gain adequate stats without Eternal Seals if you promote too early. Eternal Seals are expensive. Usually you should wait until level 20 before you promote. But there is technically still infinite leveling, so if you really want that stat boost from promoting right away, it isn't the end of the world.

3) I've heard Master Seals are rare up until you upgrade your vendor shop to a certain level (I think Silver?). Is this true of the other seals in this game as well?

The first Shop, available early on, only has two Master Seals, one Buddy Seal, one Marriage Seal, and one Parallel Seal for sale. The level 2 shop, buyable midgame, has a few more of each. The level 3 shop, available just a few chapters before the endgame, has infinite numbers of all seals for sale, including Eternal Seals.

If you really need a seal but your shop is sold out, you can visit someone's My Castle, and if they have a Level 3 shop, you can buy a sea there.

After chapter 5 is the Ganglari gone forever or can you obtain it again later in the game?

I do believe there is some form of 'joke' weapon if it can be called that called the Demonic Glanglari that can be obtained via shiny tiles and My Castle stuff, though I may be wrong.

I do believe there is some form of 'joke' weapon if it can be called that called the Demonic Glanglari that can be obtained via shiny tiles and My Castle stuff, though I may be wrong.

I was hoping the real one would appear again since the joke one reduces your HP by 20% but thanks for answering

What happens to the Avatar's/Kanna's My Castle Statue if the Avatar has HP as their asset/flaw? Would you actually get an HP cap boost? Or something else entirely?

Kamui's statue doesn't boost HP, it boosts whatever your Asset is. My Kamui's asset was Strength, so her statue is a Strength statue.

Kamui's statue doesn't boost HP, it boosts whatever your Asset is. My Kamui's asset was Strength, so her statue is a Strength statue.

Yeah, but what if you choose HP as your asset/flaw, though? You misunderstood the question.

Yeah, but what if you choose HP as your asset/flaw, though? You misunderstood the question.

Ah, you meant "what would Kamui's statue be if his asset is HP, since there are no HP statues?". Sorry about that. I actually don't know the answer to that, but I am willing to test it if nobody else answers this.

Edited by gayserbeam