"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, is training staff users much harder when compared to Awakening? I have trouble getting EXP for Elise and Sakura because I have hard time getting staffs that DON'T heal your character and instead give some sort of status effect staff (similar to Awakening where I spammed Ward on my characters, but these staves come in limited amount in stores even when you upgrade them).

Also, do parent/child class inheritance work the same way in Fates like in Awakening (inheriting both primary and secondary reclasses)? Or does it work differently by having the child inherit only the primary classes from their parents?

For example, Suppose I have Kaze marry to Charlotte. Will Midoriko will only inherit the Ninja and Fighter based classes, or will she get Ninja, Fighter, Samurai, and Maid options?

I have a question, is training staff users much harder when compared to Awakening? I have trouble getting EXP for Elise and Sakura because I have hard time getting staffs that DON'T heal your character and instead give some sort of status effect staff (similar to Awakening where I spammed Ward on my characters, but these staves come in limited amount in stores even when you upgrade them).

Also, do parent/child class inheritance work the same way in Fates like in Awakening (inheriting both primary and secondary reclasses)? Or does it work differently by having the child inherit only the primary classes from their parents?

For example, Suppose I have Kaze marry to Charlotte. Will Midoriko will only inherit the Ninja and Fighter based classes, or will she get Ninja, Fighter, Samurai, and Maid options?

It depends on how quickly you want them levelled up

And the difficulty of course

Healing should only be done up till promotion, post promotion, the exp will start dropping off pretty quickly as far as I can tell, and you pretty much have to rely on combat exp

Base EXP for a Bloom/Heal is 25 on Normal, 20 on Hard, 15 on Lunatic, so...I think about 15 staves each should be plenty, though it may be a bit much to stomach healing ~300 times. Using Summer/Mend will only help so much after all.

As a last resort, you could reclass them, or just promote them early, the only problem being that weapon rank, and that neither has access to a magic using class off the bat.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

It depends on how quickly you want them levelled up

And the difficulty of course

Healing should only be done up till promotion, post promotion, the exp will start dropping off pretty quickly as far as I can tell, and you pretty much have to rely on combat exp

Base EXP for a Bloom/Heal is 25 on Normal, 20 on Hard, 15 on Lunatic, so...I think about 15 staves each should be plenty, though it may be a bit much to stomach healing ~300 times. Using Summer/Mend will only help so much after all.

As a last resort, you could reclass them, or just promote them early, the only problem being that weapon rank, and that neither has access to a magic using class off the bat.

Okay, thanks. But it still doesn't answer my question in regards to child class inheritance. Does it work much differently in Fire Emblem Fates when compared to Awakening where the child only inherits the primary class of their parents unless if the child shares the same class as one of their parents? Or does it work the same way as Awakening where they inherit both the primary and secondary class sets for their parents?

I was thinking of making Midoriko as a maid, since I think she looks cuter in a Maid outfit, but I want to do so via inheritance so she has reasonable strength and magic stats when I make her as a Maid. Also want to open up more options for skill options via marriages with Midoriko.

Okay, thanks. But it still doesn't answer my question in regards to child class inheritance. Does it work much differently in Fire Emblem Fates when compared to Awakening where the child only inherits the primary class of their parents unless if the child shares the same class as one of their parents? Or does it work the same way as Awakening where they inherit both the primary and secondary class sets for their parents?

I was thinking of making Midoriko as a maid, since I think she looks cuter in a Maid outfit, but I want to do so via inheritance so she has reasonable strength and magic stats when I make her as a Maid. Also want to open up more options for skill options via marriages with Midoriko.

Children inherit their parents' primary class. If they share the same primary class, they inherit their parents' secondary class. In Shigure's case, he inherits Rod Knight from Azura since Singer cannot be passed down and Azura's secondary class is Pegasus Warrior. So if you want Midoriko to be a maid, you should marry Kaze to Felicia. Nohr Prince(ss) can also be inherited. So essentially the children have three class sets before including Buddy and Marriage Seals. Edited by riolumaster

Usually, a kid's class options are:

Dad's primary class

Dad's secondary class

Mom's primary class

For other cases:

If the kid doesn't share their primary class set with their dad, like Midoriko or Shinonome, you get:

Kid's Primary Class

Dad's Primary Class

Mom's Primary Class

For M!Morgan:

Dark Prince

Kamui's Secondary Class

Dad's Primary Class

For Shigure:

Pegasus Warrior

Rod Knight

Dad's Primary Class

There are exceptions, where an alternative class is inherited because the mother and father share class sets. For example, Takumi × Oboro yeilds a Kisaragi with:

Bowman

Herb Merchant

Lance Fighter

Midoriko's options are:

Herb Merchant

Ninja

Mother's Primary

EDIT: Elite Ninja'd

Edited by gayserbeam

Usually, a kid's class options are:

Dad's primary class

Dad's secondary class

Mom's primary class

For other cases:

If the kid doesn't share their primary class set with their dad, like Midoriko or Shinonome, you get:

Kid's Primary Class

Dad's Primary Class

Mom's Primary Class

For M!Morgan:

Dark Prince

Kamui's Secondary Class

Dad's Primary Class

For Shigure:

Pegasus Warrior

Rod Knight

Dad's Primary Class

There are exceptions, where an alternative class is inherited because the mother and father share class sets. For example, Takumi × Oboro yeilds a Kisaragi with:

Bowman

Herb Merchant

Lance Fighter

Midoriko's options are:

Herb Merchant

Ninja

Mother's Primary

EDIT: Elite Ninja'd

Ah, thanks, so if I want Midoriko with the Stubbornness skill and still make her as a Maid, she can only inherit it from Felicia's last skill in her set then.

Ah, thanks, so if I want Midoriko with the Stubbornness skill and still make her as a Maid, she can only inherit it from Felicia's last skill in her set then.

Yes, as she won't inherit Mercenary from Felicia.

That's actually one of the only two ways to even give Midoriko both Stubbornness and the Maid class. The only other way would be to marry Kaze to Luna and then marry Midoriko to Deere.

Edited by gayserbeam

So I just have two questions about capturing:

1)When I capture a boss or enemy, will they drop their dropable item?E.g Haitaka has a dropable Parallel Seal, will I get that if I capture him?

2)Do captured units learn skills like normal units?E.g Daniela has Deadly Breath by default but no Rod Knight skills.Will she learn them by leveling up?

So I just have two questions about capturing:

1)When I capture a boss or enemy, will they drop their dropable item?E.g Haitaka has a dropable Parallel Seal, will I get that if I capture him?

2)Do captured units learn skills like normal units?E.g Daniela has Deadly Breath by default but no Rod Knight skills.Will she learn them by leveling up?

1) They’ll drop the item like normal. For all intents and purposes, capturing an enemy is equivalent to killing them.

2) Captured units learn skills like everyone else.

1) They’ll drop the item like normal. For all intents and purposes, capturing an enemy is equivalent to killing them.

2) Captured units learn skills like everyone else.

Thanks.

What is the crit evade formula in this game? And are enemies more likely to have skills on harder difficulties?

I can't answer the crit formula but yes enemies do have more skills on harder difficulties.From experience, Nohr Lunatic tends to have enemies with more skills then Hoshido Lunatic and IK Lunatic.

I can't answer the crit formula but yes enemies do have more skills on harder difficulties.From experience, Nohr Lunatic tends to have enemies with more skills then Hoshido Lunatic and IK Lunatic.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not familiar with lunatic, but on hard mode, enemies in both the third route and Birthright very rarely have skills - some do on grinding maps, but I can't think of any main story generic unit actually having skills in those two versions. Is lunatic different?

Edited by Thane

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not familiar with lunatic, but on hard mode, enemies in both the third route and Birthright very rarely have skills - some do on grinding maps, but I can't think of any main story generic unit actually having skills in those two versions. Is lunatic different?

Yeah.So far I have at least played up to Chapter 15 I think in every campaign of Lunatic and I have completed all campaigns on Hard.It seems to me Hoshido focuses on enemy amount while IK with stats.

Yeah.So far I have at least played up to Chapter 15 I think in every campaign of Lunatic and I have completed all campaigns on Hard.It seems to me Hoshido focuses on enemy amount while IK with stats.

But do the generic units have skills in Birthright and The Invisible Kingdom on lunatic?

But do the generic units have skills in Birthright and The Invisible Kingdom on lunatic?

I think they do later but I am still unsure as I have not played in a bit.But I do know that if they are promoted and that class has a rally, 7 times out of 1 they have that rally skill.I would say it is like FEA hard mode.

Edited by Azz

enemies do have more skills on harder difficulties.From experience, Nohr Lunatic tends to have enemies with more skills then Hoshido Lunatic and IK Lunatic.

It's as I figured, then. Thanks. Now for someone to answer the crit evade formula...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

It's as I figured, then. Thanks. Now for someone to answer the crit evade formula...

well I already have plenty of example cases in the Modifiers thread and all the math works out

Crit (stat) = Skl/2 - 2 + bonuses (Weapon, Class)

Dodge = Luc/2

%Crit = Crit - Dodge + Skills

Edited by GoXDS

well I already have plenty of example cases in the Modifiers thread and all the math works out

Dodge = Luc/2

I saw that, but I was looking for someone else to either confirm or bust that.

Dodge = Luc/2

Really? They nerfed Crit Evade? Odd choice as that makes Crit builds really really strong.

Really? They nerfed Crit Evade? Odd choice as that makes Crit builds really really strong.

Would it even be possible to have one without it either being high risk or situational???

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Would it even be possible to have one without it either being high risk or situational???

It wouldn't be high risk. Only Berserkers have higher risk for critical builds(but more reward). Every other S rank unit also gets +10%(most of the time) Crit. Crit builds are now extremely viable to the point that anyone holding Killing weapons will most likely have some % crit rate, and Ogre Strike just makes it worse. This is officially the Critical Fire Emblem game. Everyone is inclined to build crits as the defense against them are pitiful. So yeah, if any enemy has Killing Weapons/Ogre Strike, YOU WILL have a chance to be crit(unless you are the Holy Lancer with the S rank weapon).

EDIT: It's not even like Killing weapons are bad, they are just slightly less accurate Iron weapons with slightly less avoid, but a lot more critical and x4 on Crits.

Edited by Psyruby