"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are ballistae in this game (not the class, but rather, the siege weapons you found on the field)?

Not in the form they were in before. You can't enter or drive them. However there are various stationary turrets that bow-using units can use to attack foes at a distance. Most of them attack five spaces at once in a cross formation. They cannot kill units and don't give EXP, but still do bonus damage to fliers.

There are also magic turrets that function exactly the same way but require a magic-user to operate them.

If a child Buddy/Marriage Seals Kinu or Velour, what do they get? Do they simply get the secondary class (e.g. Kinu gives Spellcaster)?

Yes, they get Fighter from Velour and Spellcaster from Kinu. Shara, since she already has Spellcaster, gets Herb Merchant from Kinu.

Yes, they get Fighter from Velour and Spellcaster from Kinu. Shara, since she already has Spellcaster, gets Herb Merchant from Kinu.

That's, honestly, Syalla's best buddy option. Who wouldn't want to get both Extravagance and CC Puppet?

Anyway, is there a 'release' option in the Jail system in My Castle? Should this be the case, do units say something if you let them go?

Edited by Leif

Do visitor and battle ranks transfer between save files like renown did in awakening?

You can transfer them between playthroughs, but you can't run two playthroughs in parallel at the same time and have the ranks shared bewteen both runs. So yes, just like Awakening.

How does the Smithy Skill work? I know the trigger % is your luck but what weapons can you get?

How do you add your characters to the log book?

- You get Iron Katana, Iron Naginata, Iron Club, Iron Yumi or Iron Shuriken.

- You can't until you beat the game. At that point, you can add 5 charcters.

​

Edited by nocturnal YL

You can add them using the Card Shop, where you purchase them as cards to add to the Logbook. The characters listed will be your streetpass team. Level 1 will show the first 3, Level 2 will show the first 6, and Level 3 will show all 10 characters. So if you want to add Elise early-game, make her one of the first three in your streetpass / My Castle team.

Anyway, is there a 'release' option in the Jail system in My Castle? Should this be the case, do units say something if you let them go?

Yes, you can just let your prisoners free, but they won't say anything.

- You get Iron Katana, Iron Naginata, Iron Club, Iron Yumi or Iron Shuriken.

- You can't until you beat the game. At that point, you can add 5 charcters.

Only iron? I guess those would be the best weapons to craft anyway.

If you buy a character from the card shop, they get added to the logbook. The other ways is by beating the game - every time you beat the game you can add 5 characters from your game to the logbook.

Maaaaybe I should have bothered to look more into it, but...

Bond Units: according to the page on SerenesForest (http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/), they all have Personal Skills, akin to the units in the main-game. However, noticable is the fact that some of them have skills set as their personal that are normal skills that can be received from general playing of a class. Does this mean the skill, say Astra on Yamabuki, is equipped to the slot that normally occupies the Personal Skill slot on main-story characters, or is it just a form of having a skill without needing to go into the class that has it normally (similar to inheritance in Awakening letting you pass on a skill and then never having to have the child unit go into that class)? And does this apply to all the skills that are the personal skills of other characters?

And is there a way to dictate what unit you get from the pool available, aside from forming a Bond Unit between specific paths of Fates?

Is there any possibility that unique item and weapon sprites could be added in a future patch? It just really bugs me that there is only a generic sprite for each weapon class, especially after Awakening had unique ones.

Not in the form they were in before. You can't enter or drive them. However there are various stationary turrets that bow-using units can use to attack foes at a distance. Most of them attack five spaces at once in a cross formation. They cannot kill units and don't give EXP, but still do bonus damage to fliers.

There are also magic turrets that function exactly the same way but require a magic-user to operate them.

Yes. There are Bow Ballistae and Magic Turrets.

I see. Thanks.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Is there any difference between fates' lunatic mode and awakening's lunatic mode? Is fates' easier or harder?

Well, assuming you mean lunatic and not lunatic plus (my memory is kind of shaky anyway)

Hoshido: Hoshido has larger unit count changes, but until Chap 21 (where all the units are promoted, technically it happens in Chap 19, but 19 has...gimmicks), the enemy stat increase are palty (+2 strength? +3 HP? that's not very difficult). Enemy skills are kind of to basically sucky

Nohr: Nohr has stat increases, but less enemy count increases......note that reinforcements are more of a thing on nohr, somewhat. Nohr also has it's restrictions, partially. In general nohr is a bit more difficult, largely because I would say skills, and the bosses are fairly more loaded with skills since this is lunatic

Invisible Kingdom: Invisible Kingdom throws in the stat increases very quickly (+10 Str? That's preposterous!). The contribution of numbers is less important as the game progresses, since well, numbers. Invisible Kingdom (I think, I haven't really seen *that* much Hoshido/Nohr Lunatic) is the only route to cap enemy stats, for what it's worth) (Numerically speaking, few of your units will cap their stats...most stat caps are above 30 and average is usually 30 at most anyway. It's not that people won't cap, that is). Also Invisible Kingdom (also) has sucky skills

I've seen some people with a 6 Mov Aqua. Does she gain 1 extra Mov during level-ups or do you have to use a Boot on her?

The Singer class never gets more MOV. Many people give her the Boots, however, as 5 MOV makes her fall behind mid-game when all your units are promoting and getting to 6 MOV minimum. She's one of the most practical recipients of the Boots if you plan to use her.

Edited by gayserbeam