"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Not sure if this has been asked but here it goes. I really wasn't a big fan of Awakening for the same reasons many others disliked it. I've looked at what features are being included in this game (while avoiding any sort of spoilers as much as possible), like re-classing, and it raises some concerns on my end. I'm just looking for general thoughts from you guys on the game and the mechanics, I get that they're trying to please everyone with the multiple storylines that play differently but I worry that it might take away from the whole experience as a whole. I'm looking forward to the game just for some more FE, though I'm not touching it at all until it gets localized.

Edited by Tsyolin

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maaaaybe I should have bothered to look more into it, but...

Bond Units: according to the page on SerenesForest (http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/), they all have Personal Skills, akin to the units in the main-game. However, noticable is the fact that some of them have skills set as their personal that are normal skills that can be received from general playing of a class. Does this mean the skill, say Astra on Yamabuki, is equipped to the slot that normally occupies the Personal Skill slot on main-story characters, or is it just a form of having a skill without needing to go into the class that has it normally (similar to inheritance in Awakening letting you pass on a skill and then never having to have the child unit go into that class)? And does this apply to all the skills that are the personal skills of other characters?

And is there a way to dictate what unit you get from the pool available, aside from forming a Bond Unit between specific paths of Fates?

Yes, those class skills listed there are equipped in the personal skill slot, same goes to the personal skills too, of course. So, Yamabuki will always have that astra equipped there, and you can't remove or replace it.

Yes, those class skills listed there are equipped in the personal skill slot, same goes to the personal skills too, of course. So, Yamabuki will always have that astra equipped there, and you can't remove or replace it.

Whish raises the question of that happens if a bond unit has a skill in both personal and class slots. do they stack?

Whish raises the question of that happens if a bond unit has a skill in both personal and class slots. do they stack?

I'd assume the answer to that is no.

I believe Bond Units cannot learn their personal skill separately. So Trueblade Yamabuki will learn nothing at level 5, due to already having Astra.

Not sure if this has been asked but here it goes. I really wasn't a big fan of Awakening for the same reasons many others disliked it. I've looked at what features are being included in this game (while avoiding any sort of spoilers as much as possible), like re-classing, and it raises some concerns on my end. I'm just looking for general thoughts from you guys on the game and the mechanics, I get that they're trying to please everyone with the multiple storylines that play differently but I worry that it might take away from the whole experience as a whole. I'm looking forward to the game just for some more FE, though I'm not touching it at all until it gets localized.

So, this question is indeed ask, and answered, regularly. The general consensus is that mechanically speaking, one of the best if not the best. But in terms of plot, it is the opposite, where we almost universally hate it the most. Conceptually, it is one of the best, but the execution fails in order to please the crowd Awakening brought in.

Hi,

I just want to know if we play the game with tubehax (or anything else that prevents eshop's use) , the game has only 12 chapters :blink: in a cartridge? It's kind of a scam if it is really true don't you think?

I correct myself. I learnt that there are 28 chapters per path chosen.We can buy only one cartridge and be happy with it.Just need a translation for Birthright chapters 13 to 28 now.

So if I A+ support Odin with Leon to get the Troubador line and Troubador skills, can I still buy Mercenary-based skills from an Odin online who A+'d Lazwald?

(And if that's the case, wouldn't simply buying the skills make it easier then if you can afford it??)

Can units with defensive formation still double with brave weapons?

Only when they initiate the battle, and that's consecutive attacks, which isn't quite the same thing.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

So if I A+ support Odin with Leon to get the Troubador line and Troubador skills, can I still buy Mercenary-based skills from an Odin online who A+'d Lazwald?

(And if that's the case, wouldn't simply buying the skills make it easier then if you can afford it??)

Yes, you can buy any skill for your Odin as long as you find an Odin with that skill. If you A+ Lazward and marry Elise, you could still buy, say, Deadly Breath from an Odin who married Camilla.

That's why, when talking about grinding playthroughs or PVP, Marriage/Buddies are really only important for classes and mods, not skills.

The only skills you can't buy are DLC/bonus class skills, like Aether, Aggressor and Galeforce.

Are Parallel Seals as scarce as they appear in this game? I counted only five in total that can be achieved before upgrading the vendor to level 3, which is around Chapter 20...

I'm guessing it's because you might be able to buy them other castles, but I'm not too sure about that.

Edited by Sarthanta

Are Parallel Seals as scarce as they appear in this game? I counted only five in total that can be achieved before upgrading the vendor to level 3, which is around Chapter 20...

I'm guessing it's because you might be able to buy them other castles, but I'm not too sure about that.

Largely because the main story mostly only bothers to give you master seals

Largely because the main story mostly only bothers to give you master seals

Is this true of all routes?

Is this true of all routes?

N9 Boss Drop - 1 Parallel Seal

I19 Drop - 1 Parallel Seal, 1 Buddy Seal

Paralogue (Jakob's Son) Drop - 1 Buddy Seal

Paralogue Sophie - 1 Marriage Seal (End of Chapter depending on Villagers saved)

Paralogue Soleil - 1 Buddy Seal (End of Chapter depending on Mercenaries saved)

(Apparently. I'm not very sure about Paralogues since I'm lazy to watch them)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

In every route, your store gives you infinite seals for the last eight or so chapters, and you can buy them from other castles whenever you want. Seals aren't too scarce. Without wifi, you can't get more than 8 or so before C20, but there isn't really a need for more Edited by gayserbeam

This was most likely asked before, (also probably a stupid question) but incase it wasn't,

Are there armories in maps, or do you really have to use My Castle to buy items?

You have to use MC to buy items.

How easy (or hard) is it to level up healers in this game?

Different people have different definitions of "easy"

If you think you can get your healer 10 levels in one chapter then that's not happening

Level 1, a Bloom/Heal gives 25 exp on Normal, 20 on Hard, 15 on Lunatic, it drops off about 1 point every few levels

Post promotion, staves give very little exp, so you won't keep up if you just heal

How easy (or hard) is it to level up healers in this game?

For my Nohr Hard playthrough, Elise was one my first units to promote.

But on Nohr Lunatic, she was one of the last units to promote.

In Nohr Chapter 14, is Ashura always the last soldier that you talk to?

Yes (All the attempts i did this, he was always the last soldier)

Edited by Peppy