"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Different people have different definitions of "easy"

If you think you can get your healer 10 levels in one chapter then that's not happening

Level 1, a Bloom/Heal gives 25 exp on Normal, 20 on Hard, 15 on Lunatic, it drops off about 1 point every few levels

Post promotion, staves give very little exp, so you won't keep up if you just heal

For my Nohr Hard playthrough, Elise was one my first units to promote.

But on Nohr Lunatic, she was one of the last units to promote.

Figures that it'd be dependent on difficulty... That said, with the healing formula, it's likely my healers will always have something to do, ja?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this already came up, but how many chars can you put into your log book once you complete a route? I'm mostly asking to know if I should grind the hell out of chars before continuing to the next route (preparation for skill purchases on IK).

Where can you get stat boosters in Nohr and who would be the units that would benefit from each of them the most? (Im plannng out my team in advance)

Edited by OakTree

Sorry if this already came up, but how many chars can you put into your log book once you complete a route? I'm mostly asking to know if I should grind the hell out of chars before continuing to the next route (preparation for skill purchases on IK).

Five. Also, the skills you have learned in the character will carry over in the Logbook regardless if they are equipped or not.

For example, suppose I gave Midoriko Flamboyant, Hoshido, Draconic Shield, Easy Life, Extravagence, Lethality, Kunaifaire, Snake Venom, Locktouch, Breaking Sky, Magic +2, and Fortune in the Hoshido route and have Hoshido, Draconic Shield, Flamboyant, Easy Life, and Extravagence. All skills will be transfered into the Logbook after completing the game and I can still obtained the said skills when I play her in the Nohr route (although I have no idea if the reclass options via supports are transferred or not).

Five. Also, the skills you have learned in the character will carry over in the Logbook regardless if they are equipped or not.

For example, suppose I gave Midoriko Flamboyant, Hoshido, Draconic Shield, Easy Life, Extravagence, Lethality, Kunaifaire, Snake Venom, Locktouch, Breaking Sky, Magic +2, and Fortune in the Hoshido route and have Hoshido, Draconic Shield, Flamboyant, Easy Life, and Extravagence. All skills will be transfered into the Logbook after completing the game and I can still obtained the said skills when I play her in the Nohr route (although I have no idea if the reclass options via supports are transferred or not).

Hmm, five. Not too many, but I'll have to manage. If I just reload the save file before the last chapter, could I abuse it and just add 5 every time I beat it or is the logbook in IK bound by a single save file after completion? Thanks for the elaboration.

Hmm, five. Not too many, but I'll have to manage. If I just reload the save file before the last chapter, could I abuse it and just add 5 every time I beat it or is the logbook in IK bound by a single save file after completion? Thanks for the elaboration.

I haven't seen anyone tried it, but I assume you can only do this once per save to avoid Logbook abuse, so get all the skills you need and the ideal final class of your character before doing the last chapter.

Also, does anyone know how the children characters' growth rates are calculated based on their parents?

Edited by Dark Paladin X

Whilst I'm not sure if this is possible as I haven't tried it, I do know that you can add characters to the logbook by building the card shop and buying copies of your characters from there. Only the units in your mycastle team will show up, and only the 5 equipped skills will be added to the logbook. A different amount of units from your team will be able to be brought depending on the level of the card shop:

lv 1 - The first three units in your team will be available

lv 2 - The first six units in your team will be available

lv 3 - All ten units in your team will be available

Whilst I'm not sure if this is possible as I haven't tried it, I do know that you can add characters to the logbook by building the card shop and buying copies of your characters from there. Only the units in your mycastle team will show up, and only the 5 equipped skills will be added to the logbook. A different amount of units from your team will be able to be brought depending on the level of the card shop:

lv 1 - The first three units in your team will be available

lv 2 - The first six units in your team will be available

lv 3 - All ten units in your team will be available

This would definitely be helpful. The 5 from the endgame for the full skillset and classes, and the 10 from my castle for the single skills for IK inheritance. Should be enough for decent planning if I understood correctly. My goal is to not replay routes at all, as I have a feeling I'll be a bit "burned out" after playing all three stories, and your explanation should work in my favour.

Are accessories gender locked? For example, could I stick Charlotte's white bow on say, Mamui? Or would I only be able to put it on female units?

Edit: Also, when they say that the voice you choose affects your manner of speech, do they just mean something like..levels of formality? Like, just using different honorifics? Or would Kamui's personality be slightly different depending on the voice you chose?

Edited by lordcorrin

Do both amiibo accessories become available for sale in your accessory shop after the amiibo character gives you an option to receive one of either?

Also, once gifted any accessory, can a player use it on any character or only their Avatar?

Repeating some questions to find out if someone knows the answer.

Are accessories gender locked? For example, could I stick Charlotte's white bow on say, Mamui? Or would I only be able to put it on female units?

Accessories are not gender locked, so yes, you could put the white bow on Mamui.

Repeating some questions to find out if someone knows the answer.

If you receive a gifted accessory, you can use it on any of your characters. You can also use accessories on logbook characters.

Okay, this definitely has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to do research okay?

Does Lilith's level cap? If yes, at which level?

Just like normal units, Lilith's level has a visible cap of 99 but you can keep feeding her after that and she'll keep having "level-ups". She'll cap all her stats over 30 levels earlier, though.

Edit: Also, when they say that the voice you choose affects your manner of speech, do they just mean something like..levels of formality? Like, just using different honorifics? Or would Kamui's personality be slightly different depending on the voice you chose?

It's mostly levels of formality. But it's not only shown through different honorifics, but also different first person pronouns and a general rewording of some sentences. There are 3 script variations per gender here. Of course, we don't know if there'll be anything similar in the localized game. Awakening cut its mute voice option, which reworded things more than any option there.

It's mostly levels of formality. But it's not only shown through different honorifics, but also different first person pronouns and a general rewording of some sentences. There are 3 script variations per gender here. Of course, we don't know if there'll be anything similar in the localized game. Awakening cut its mute voice option, which reworded things more than any option there.

Oh man, if something like that does come to the West, then Im gonna have to play each one just to see what its like..thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how children's growth rates are calculated? Is it the same like Awakening or completely different?

There's been some people checking the data and it seems it is indeed different from Awakening. Awakening is the average of both parents and the kid's intrinsic growth, but here it's only the average of the non-determinant parent and the kid's own growths. So, for instance, Shigure's growths only depend on his own + his Dad's.

Also there might be a slightly different growth rate formula for Kamui marrying someone like Gunther, but that's not confirmed yet.

I've herd the story isn't great, but to those people I ask how is the story when compared to FE Awakening? (better? worse? and their opinion how much?)

The storyline is mostly criticized for setting up grey morality (which was a good idea), but having the morality scale being too favorable towards Hoshido even if you pick the Nohr route.

Is there anyway to get a Great Lord seal? I've been preparing myself for FE:Fates and all videos i have seen has Aqua using the "Great Lord" (Lucina's class if i recall) when i see about the Amiibos and optional DLC.

Edited by Raccoon844

Is there anyway to get a Great Lord seal? I've been preparing myself for FE:Fates and all videos i have seen has Aqua using the "Great Lord" (Lucina's class if i recall) when i see about the Amiibos and optional DLC.

The Exalted Emblem is obtained from the free Awakening Encounter DLC. There is only one Exalted Emblem per save file. It turns any female unit into a Great Lord.