"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i'm playing Hard Nohr and i'm wondering if Owain as a Trueblade is good ? Honestly, his level up and stats kinda suck... Or I just pair him with Nyx and recruit Ophelia asap ?

Also can a MAG Kamui be good ? I remember in Hoshido it is, because Hoshido is not very difficult, but in Nohr ?

Edited by CompteSecours

Also can a MAG Kamui be good ? I remember in Hoshido it is, because Hoshido is not very difficult, but in Nohr ?

I'd say it's good, although others may say otherwise. That's what I did, and Kamui is indeed an excellent magic user after levelling up. The improved Spd that comes with picking Mag also helps.

You may want to use a physical Kamui to take down the final boss (especially if you want to do that in 2 turns), in which case you'll need 33 Str, according to RRPG. (That's for LunatIc, but if it works in Lunatic, it works in Hard too.) If that's true, my +Mag -Str Kamui who ended up with 23 Str and 33 Mag may actually still stand a chance by appling all boost items and use Guard Stance.

So yeah, Str isn't that much needed. You may as well focus on Mag, because a unit with neither will have a hard time contributing to the fight.

If you have Kanna training in consideration, well... I don't know. My Kamui married Felicia, so Kanna has a set of Mag-oriented parents. Kanna ended up getting 24 Str and 24 Mag, making her unworthy of the battlefield (her 33 Spd is the only thing remarkable, but Suzukaze says hello).

Edited by nocturnal YL

Kanna's magic growth with Felicia is just around 33% Base. Felicia isn't the greatest magic oriented wife, and Kanna's 30% magic base growth is wanting a high magic mom, so it makes sense.

Kanna's magic growth with Felicia is just around 33% Base. Felicia isn't the greatest magic oriented wife, and Kanna's 30% magic base growth is wanting a high magic mom, so it makes sense.

Who is, then, children excluded?

Also, when is it better to recruit the children ? Around level 14 or 18 or even after ?

I'm curious about this too.

Also, when is it better to recruit the children ? Around level 14 or 18 or even after ?

It depends on the child and paralogue. Like Shinonome should be recruited as quickly as possible due to the difficulty of his paralogue and how he suicides on his first turn. While you can wait, which I did, it can be risky. As for other kids, it depends again. Do you need extra powerful units currently or do you need an extra bit of leveling without using DLC/skirmishes? I waited till post game but I would say by the time they get child seals is good(Which I believe is when they are around lv~15 or something). Mostly though it depends on your current team situation.

Sorry if this is a shitty answer.

I'd say get them early, unless you want to limit yourself on Nohr DLC.

And definitely get Ignis before Chapter 18 (children level 20, base class).

What is it about his paralogue that makes you say this?

The mission: you are in a forest, and your task is to reach Ignis halfway between you and the enemies. You are too far away from Ignis for the Rescue and dancer tactic, and the paralogue itself is a rout mission anyway, so singling out a rescuer, a staff user and Aqua isn't going to help at all.

Having the enemies promoted but not the child is dangerous. And it's even more so when we're talking about speedy, debuff-dealing Jonin (Elite Ninjas) against an Armour Knight before he gets Defensive Formation.

On the other hand, there are also paralogues that can be beaten in a single turn. Examples include Midoriko, Shigure and Deere. You don't even need Aqua's help in Deere's case.

I was wandering, in a previous play through I had my Kamui as a Lodestar and I saved him from endgame with one of the Lodestar skills. I now would like to make Leon into a Lodestar for my current run and I am wandering, will I be able to buy that Lodestar skill for my Kamui or not?Same with Aqua and Awakening. I wanna make Ophelia a Great Lord and I still want Aqua to have Awakening.

Thanks in advance.

Does Oboro's personal skill (deals extra damage to Nohr enemies) work in PvP? If so, would Kamui be considered Nohrian?

Oh, and can PvP be played via local wireless?

Edited by Giga Man

How many units can I tale to chapter 27 (and the Endgame)? And am I forced to use the units I used in said chapter in the Endgame?

I think it is 16 or something like that for both 27 and Endgame(And the units you use in 27 go to Endgame). But in IK it is a bit different as you get I think 1 or 2 less units in Endgame or something.

Can Kamui become either a Weapon Master or Trueblade in Nohr? Or do i have to be in either Hoshido or IK route for access to those two classes?

Yes, you can choose the Samurai line as his/her secondary class.