"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I don't believe so no. But I may be wrong since twiddle dumb and twiddle dee (A.K.A Ganz and Iago) show up a lot together and I would no be suprised if they both appeared on a map but I can't recall any.

Tweedle G and Tweedle I, huh?

Anyways, a question about Shove: Can mounted units use it in this game? And can mounted units be shoved?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a support unit has Demoiselle/Distinguished Son, and gets the counterpart through inheritance (e.g. Azura gets Demoiselle and passes it down to Shigure, who gets Distinguished Son through his own means), then will the two effects stack?

If that's the case, what build would be optimal for an aura unit? Demoiselle, Distinguished Son, Battle Command, Sun God, and a Rally Skill (Rally Speed/Res)?

Edited by Minischew

I feel like this might have been asked, but...

If a support unit has Demoiselle/Distinguished Son, and gets the counterpart through inheritance (e.g. Azura gets Demoiselle and passes it down to Shigure, who gets Distinguished Son through his own means), then will the two effects stack?

If that's the case, what build would be optimal for an aura unit? Demoiselle, Distinguished Son, Battle Command, Sun God, and a Rally Skill (Rally Speed/Res)?

More then likely considering that one effects females and the other males.

The avatar's statue boost his/her stat asset, while Kanna's boosts the avatar's stat flaw.

Also, do we have any word on what stat Anna's statue boosts?

Erm... What happens if HP is the asset?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Hmm. I never thought about that. I would assume it either buffed Defense or Resistance, but I don't know for sure. Is anybody willing to test it? Should be easy enough for somebody to start a new file and get 20 kills with Kamui.

Also, to answer my own question, it would appear Anna's statue boosts luck. I guess it was kinda obvious in hindsight.

Edited by Deallocate

So I read earlier that Dread Scrolls and Dark Falcon Wings were given out for downloading the other routes. Will they be given out automatically in the Special Edition?

I believe so. As soon as you have access to My Castle, you should be able to receive them from the glowy orb thing. It does not require that you play any of the other routes first. All items, including the boots, will be available immediately.

Does the Draw staff always phail on bosses (basically, for those who think they can cheese a seize mission by using it to get a boss off the throne)?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Does the Draw staff always phail on bosses (basically, for those who think they can cheese a seize mission by using it to get a boss off the throne)?

I'm pretty sure you cannot use them on bosses.

So I read earlier that Dread Scrolls and Dark Falcon Wings were given out for downloading the other routes. Will they be given out automatically in the Special Edition?

Don't know about the overseas releases, but in the JP version, you start out with 2 routes. You don't actually get the 3rd until it's out, since that route is still downloaded. The game automatically gets that route for you once it's out, but it's not in the game card itself.

Enemies who don't move (those with their move stat marked with "-") cannot be forced to move using skills or staves. Same for NPC units that you may want to rescue.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I'm pretty sure you cannot use them on bosses.

Enemies who don't move (those with their move stat marked with "-") cannot be forced to move using skills or staves. Same for NPC units that you may want to rescue.

So they're invalid targets outright... Welp. Seems IS did one better on us.

I've got two questions-

Are the FE amiibo characters saved to the SD card or the cartridge? I really don't want to go buy an NFC Reader just for FE Fates.

And secondly, in the special edition, do you choose which path to play as before you start a new game (like the title screen for Symphonia Chronicles and the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix games) or do you actually choose your path at Ch.5?

1, It's save file dependent. The first 3 save files are with the game card, and the other 6 are with the SD card. Also, you can't access IK using another 3DS (in case of the JP version anyway), but you can use the unit logbook for that, which is common across save files (and, I believe, saved in the game card).

2, You choose at the beginning of Chapter 6.

I have a question about parallel sealing. If you were to parallel seal Charlotte into the Maid class at level 15, would she immediately get the Maid skills without having to grind for them?

Pretty sure she has to reach Level 16 and Level 17 to get the two Maid skills.

I have a question myself: Is there a way to legitimately acquire Aptitude on every character?

I assume not, but I've seen peoples' My Castles where everybody has Aptitude, so I was wondering if they were hacked (or got them from a hacked castle) or it's actually possible.

I have a question about parallel sealing. If you were to parallel seal Charlotte into the Maid class at level 15, would she immediately get the Maid skills without having to grind for them?

She'd wind up getting the Rod Knight skills first, assuming she didn't have them already.

I have a question myself: Is there a way to legitimately acquire Aptitude on every character?

I assume not, but I've seen peoples' My Castles where everybody has Aptitude, so I was wondering if they were hacked (or got them from a hacked castle) or it's actually possible.

Nope.

I've heard some people mention 'letting enemy units go', like, for example, letting maybe Sakura on a Nohr route go instead of killing her. Is something like that possible? I mean, can you let named enemy units escape, like the royal siblings and their retainers opposite of the route you're going through? I just wanna know if that's an option.

I've heard some people mention 'letting enemy units go', like, for example, letting maybe Sakura on a Nohr route go instead of killing her. Is something like that possible? I mean, can you let named enemy units escape, like the royal siblings and their retainers opposite of the route you're going through? I just wanna know if that's an option.

No. "Letting enemy units go" refers to generic units and paralogue bosses (as well as the two bosses for both Chapter 14s), who can be captured and sent to prison, and can later be set free.

The retainers and royals always die, retreat, or are spared and you cannot change what happens to them except with Lazward and Pieri.

Well, you have the option to not kill retainers and go straight for the boss of the map if the objective is to kill the commander.

No. "Letting enemy units go" refers to generic units and paralogue bosses (as well as the two bosses for both Chapter 14s), who can be captured and sent to prison, and can later be set free.

Well, you have the option to not kill retainers and go straight for the boss of the map if the objective is to kill the commander.

I seeee. I'll just assume that underneath that spoiler tag is, well, spoilers, so I won't check it out, but thanks for the info. This makes a lot more sense. Fates certainly isn't Undertale