"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Boots are in this game? And in which chapters are they? Also, can more than one Boots be used on a character, or is it only one like was the case in Awakening?

It's been a while so I'm a little rusty

Boots give +1 Movement (confirmed)

Each character can use the boots only twice (I'm pretty sure)

Getting two routes gives you one extra boot, getting all three gives you one more boot on top of that

Hoshido: Chapter 20 (Chest), Chapter 25 (Chest)

Nohr: Chapter 23 (Chest)

Revelations: Chapter 21 (Chest), Chapter 24 (Stealth Bonus)

One for each route, or one in total?

If you have purchased 2 paths, you have 1 boots (not counting the ones acquired in-game) for each save file. If you've purchased 3 routes, you have 2 per save file.

Just ordered an amiibo adapter and Marth amiibo off of Amazon. How does one go about using amiibos in-game?

The amiibo button in the my castle menu

also, where do I get these skill scrolls like attack and guard stance

No scroll for enemy-only skills available yet... if there was any in the first place.

I guess some of those skills that are said to be offered as items by the site are seen on enemies in harder difficulties then... Am I right?

Yes, like Proximity Shot, Negative Chain etc.

I was thinking more along the lines of the weakness nullifier skills, given that a good deal of those skills, like Negative Chain and Infinite Staff, are obviously too powerful for the player to have. Thanks anyway.

I have a question regarding homebrew. So I installed homebrew on my 3ds to play the Japanese version of Fates. Will I be able to go to the eshop and download dlc/updates for fates even if it is the English eshop? Will I be able to visit other castles and battle other players?

Also another question would be, I trained my Kamui to level twenty grinding the buyable routes on hoshido but it seems that even the hardest route I buy and have her train there gives only 1exp.I used an eternal seal.

Also another question would be, I trained my Kamui to level twenty grinding the buyable routes on hoshido but it seems that even the hardest route I buy and have her train there gives only 1exp.I used an eternal seal.

If you're a certain amount of levels above an enemy, you only get one EXP per kill (I think it was 6 or something).

(I'm pretty sure I'm 99% off with the romanizations, but hopefully they're close enough to convey the message.)

Is "Chou shini noru nayo" a common, JP critical? Thing is, the only character I remember that has said quote is Takumi...

And while I was watching a playthrough, Oboro got a critical and shouted, "Chou shini naru naize...!!"

So I was wondering if Oboro was imitating Takumi because, y'know, she's his retainer and she has a crush on him, or if they just both happen to have one of those cliched critical lines.

I have a pairing question here. Who is a good support for an Oboro!Kisaragi?

I like his supports with Midorki and Kinu, but... I have doubt if he share a class with them, and get nothing via marriage seal. So, did he overlap classes or he is safe in that aspect ? Or are there a girl who give him better classes?

Thanks for help!

I mean let's look at what Oboro!Kisaragi can get

-Bowman (base)

-Lance Fighter (dad)
-Herb Merch (mom)

Out of his A+, Shino gives him nothing, Deere and Foleo doesn't give him something that benefits him, so Hisame is the clear choice for A+ since it'd give him the LoD combo. Oboro can even throw him Ogre Strike from A+ Rinka. TBH that's already a lot of stuff and unless you want Swallow Strike from Matoi, which he might because Takumi's speed mod is ass so even with Oboro fixing it, it's still only a neutral +0.

Midoriko gives him nothing if his mom is Oboro, and I /think/ Kinu will give him spellcaster, but Exorcist skills are as good as nothing to him and he already has Basara. I think you can get away with marrying one of those two if your skillset for him is complete within Bowman, LF, Herb Merch, and Samurai (+whatever mom throws over from A+), though. Something like

Flamboyant

Breaking Sky

Bowfaire

Line of Death

Extravagance

or

Ogre Strike
BF

LoD

Extrava
Copycat

is doable with what he already has between inheritance and A+.

If you want even more crit I suppose you could look into Velour for Fighter, or something, but Bowman/Lance Fighter/Herb Merc/Samurai + Ogre Strike is in itself solid enough he probably doesn't care what his wife gives him.

I know I asked a question a couple of posts back, but...

...Why in the hell is Ryoma's secondary class Pegasus Warrior of all things?

All the siblings share another's class I think. Though bowman would've been more fitting for Ryouma?

All the siblings share another's class I think. Though bowman would've been more fitting for Ryouma?

Both Hinoka and Takumi have Lance Fighter as their secondary class, though. I think all of the Nohrian siblings have a secondary class that's one of their sibling's main, though.

But if you're right, in that Ryoma has Pegasus Warrior because of Hinoka, that would be rather adorable.

Edited by Minischew

Both Hinoka and Takumi have Lance Fighter as their secondary class, though. I think all of the Nohrian siblings have a secondary class that's one of their sibling's main, though.

But if you're right, in that Ryoma has Pegasus Warrior because of Hinoka, that would be rather adorable.

Xander got Wyvern Rider from Camilla; things would line up there.

Edited by The DanMan

I mean let's look at what Oboro!Kisaragi can get

-Bowman (base)

-Lance Fighter (dad)

-Herb Merch (mom)

Out of his A+, Shino gives him nothing, Deere and Foleo doesn't give him something that benefits him, so Hisame is the clear choice for A+ since it'd give him the LoD combo. Oboro can even throw him Ogre Strike from A+ Rinka. TBH that's already a lot of stuff and unless you want Swallow Strike from Matoi, which he might because Takumi's speed mod is ass so even with Oboro fixing it, it's still only a neutral +0.

Midoriko gives him nothing if his mom is Oboro, and I /think/ Kinu will give him spellcaster, but Exorcist skills are as good as nothing to him and he already has Basara. I think you can get away with marrying one of those two if your skillset for him is complete within Bowman, LF, Herb Merch, and Samurai (+whatever mom throws over from A+), though. Something like

Flamboyant

Breaking Sky

Bowfaire

Line of Death

Extravagance

or

Ogre Strike

BF

LoD

Extrava

Copycat

is doable with what he already has between inheritance and A+.

If you want even more crit I suppose you could look into Velour for Fighter, or something, but Bowman/Lance Fighter/Herb Merc/Samurai + Ogre Strike is in itself solid enough he probably doesn't care what his wife gives him.

Thank you! I still have problems understanding the seals, and now that the game is more near, I wanted to clarify this haha!

Oh my, Kisaragi sounds so good in your description... I was thinking in letting Oboro to pass Counter, but now that you mention Ogre Strike, sounds better! (But I think I can still give him Counter via logbook?)

Thank so much! This is a great help!!

Am I just crazy or did I miss the results of the official character poll? I thought it would be released by now.

The official poll results hasn't been revealed yet! Probably the day is near, as they say they will show it up this month!

Counter's not very good anyway imo, Kisa just wants to initiate attacks and do a lot of damage. Even though Oboro doesn't give Takumi anything (rip, I wish secondary classes transferred in this case it'd be so cool there'd be no reason to do any other pair anymore because that covers the Copycat Takumi wants so much) she's very good on Kisaragi in terms of skills she provides. Ogre Strike is definitely a lot more useful than counter because you don't even really want him to take hits at all (unless you swap him to a melee-capable class which /I guess/ you could use it take advantage of his personal, but) but Sniper just wants to delete enemies hard, and there's much better skills than Counter to do that with.

The seals are basically

If you marry someone, you can get their primary class as a marriage seal option. However, if characterA's primary class is the same as characterB's secondary class, I believe what happens in this case is that the marriage seal just works like a second parallel seal, and you would get no new classes but you can use the marriage seal to reclass to your own secondary class.

e.g. Oboro has Lancer Fighter/Herb Merch, Takumi has Bowman/Lance Fighter

Takumi and Oboro get married. Oboro can use a marriage seal to turn into Bowman, and Takumi can turn into a Lance Fighter using marriage seal which he already has. therefore Takumi's class set remains Bowman/Lance Fighter, but now Oboro has Lance Fighter/Herb Merch/Bowman.

Buddy seal works the same way, but it's one way. So let's say I buddy Takumi to Ryouma for his swag Samurai class that most physical units covet in some form or another, Ryouma is free to go and A+ Marx for some hot lobsternoodle or Saizou and has no obligations to A+ Takumi back. Marx can also A+ on to Ryouma in this case, even though Takumi already A+'d Ryouma. Therefore, if you want every dude Ryouma supports (except Saizou he already has it) to get Samurai off him, you can, but he has no obligation to A+ any of them back, and you can only pick him 1 person to A+.