"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Who would make a viable Revenant Knight?

I guess that would depend on what strengths you'd like them to have. Good offense? Physical or Magic? Both?

Camilla and Leon have decent mixed offensive stats leaning more in one direction (physical and magic, respectively) and they already have a higher weapon rank for axes or tomes. Of course, their bases are already slanted so unless you poor stat boosters on their weaker stat, there won't be much reason to use it. Kamui is also obviously a strong choice. A +Mag/-Def Kamui will have 60 strength and 65 magic growth as a Revenant Knight. Not bad.

Saizo also has surprisingly balanced Strength/Magic having 65 strength 60 magic as a Revenant Knight. You'd need to marry him to Kamui or Belka, however.

Edited by NekoKnight

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering if the ending dialogue for Birthright/Conquest will change in any way, depending on if you married Xander, Ryoma, or Azura. Some of it seems like it should.

Like when you watch Ryoma/Xander being crowned king, if he's married to Femui, then that makes her his queen--would anyone say anything to reflect that? Likewise, will any of Mamui's dialogue change when he's talking to Azura/Azura's ghost if he married her the way it does on Revelation?

I should've asked this question a long time ago, but now I feel like I need to know. I'm waiting for the US release so please don't provide any major spoilers, I don't really mind for minor spoilers as long as it doesn't have much relevance to the plot. So, anyway, my question is what makes the story bad? It seems like everyone in SF is disappointed by it.

That seems pretty difficult to answer without spoilers......

I guess it would be described as, the plot is very simple, largely speaking, when "we expected a complex plot", "or at least a more complex one"

Others are like, "bad/crazy decisions made by characters in story"

And some character related ones, though whether or not that counts as bad story, I don't know.

I should've asked this question a long time ago, but now I feel like I need to know. I'm waiting for the US release so please don't provide any major spoilers, I don't really mind for minor spoilers as long as it doesn't have much relevance to the plot. So, anyway, my question is what makes the story bad? It seems like everyone in SF is disappointed by it.

As CocaoGalacy said, "poor and crazy decisions made by the characters in-story". I"ll also add on inconsistency between several characters' behavior in-story and their supports, as well as multiple contrivances.

Really, just reading summaries and translations has given me all the laughs that Code Geass R2 did without the certainty that network screwage was largely to blame.

What are the best assets and the worst flaws in general?

I'd think the answer to that is much the same as it was in Awakening - Speed and Defense for good assets (there might be other good ones, but I'm not sure), and for bad flaws, I'd say Speed, Defense, HP, and Luck.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

So, I'm marrying my avatar to Xander. I was making her +Sppd, -Def, but now I'm wondering if that's a good idea... also, what should my second class be, optimally for Xander, Kanna and Sieg? Just looking for a second opinion.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

So, I'm marrying my avatar to Xander. I was making her +Sppd, -Def, but now I'm wondering if that's a good idea... also, what should my second class be, optimally for Xander, Kanna and Sieg? Just looking for a second opinion.

+spd -def is okay. You'll definitely want Samurai as a secondary class so you can give Xander swordfaire and Line of Death.

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Hey guys, I am planning to get Fire Emblem Fates including both routes Conquest and Birthright, however, I have a small issue for the third route: Revelations. That issue is spoilers and I want to know a few things without being spoilt more.

Alright here we go, I don’t know anything or what happens in Birthright and Conquest let alone their ending. However, for Revelations, unfortunately I have been spoiled for a certain character’s death and I know that the old man with the lance and scar on his face (I can’t remember his name but he is one of your units) is the invisible demon. That is all I know in terms of spoilers, therefore, I do not know any other character deaths, history, relationships or how he becomes or why he is the invisible demon. What I would like to know is:

1) Is that the main plot twist in Fire Emblem Fates? If so, is it a messy one or a well written one with decent amount of foreshadowing?

2) Is there more of a story than the revelation of the invisible demon?

3) Is it still worth getting Revelations even knowing who the invisible demon is?

4) Knowing who the invisible demon is, does it affect Conquest and Birthright storyline, does it ruin them at all?

That is all my questions for now, thank you to anyone who answers them.

Hey guys, I am planning to get Fire Emblem Fates including both routes Conquest and Birthright, however, I have a small issue for the third route: Revelations. That issue is spoilers and I want to know a few things without being spoilt more.

Alright here we go, I don’t know anything or what happens in Birthright and Conquest let alone their ending. However, for Revelations, unfortunately I have been spoiled for a certain character’s death and I know that the old man with the lance and scar on his face (I can’t remember his name but he is one of your units) is the invisible demon. That is all I know in terms of spoilers, therefore, I do not know any other character deaths, history, relationships or how he becomes or why he is the invisible demon. What I would like to know is:

1) Is that the main plot twist in Fire Emblem Fates? If so, is it a messy one or a well written one with decent amount of foreshadowing?

2) Is there more of a story than the revelation of the invisible demon?

3) Is it still worth getting Revelations even knowing who the invisible demon is?

4) Knowing who the invisible demon is, does it affect Conquest and Birthright storyline, does it ruin them at all?

That is all my questions for now, thank you to anyone who answers them.

"I will try my best not to spoil anything else..but it's still kind of hard really" (Talking about spoilers leads to more spoilers sort of...)

(Though I might be overly sensitive to spoilers)

1: Yes. It's not well written, though I don't find it to be messily written. Foreshadowing is kind of like, overly subtle, among other things, from my perspective and my (limited) knowledge of the plot of all three routes, you kind of have to piece together a few subtle "hints".

Aside from the fact that character in question, gains more lines which would probably make you a bit suspicious as to why he's suddenly talking so much.

And the fact that he can't support anyone for some strange reason (in this route)

2: Uhm...you get to meet some characters who you don't meet in the other routes

3: Largely speaking I'm not affected by it. I don't think it completely ruins the game or anything

4: From my perspective, none of the routes affect each other....well, that's how I treat it.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

"I will try my best not to spoil anything else..but it's still kind of hard really" (Talking about spoilers leads to more spoilers sort of...)

(Though I might be overly sensitive to spoilers)

1: Yes. It's not well written, though I don't find it to be messily written. Foreshadowing is kind of like, overly subtle, among other things, from my perspective and my (limited) knowledge of the plot of all three routes, you kind of have to piece together a few subtle "hints".

Aside from the fact that character in question, gains more lines which would probably make you a bit suspicious as to why he's suddenly talking so much.

And the fact that he can't support anyone for some strange reason (in this route)

2: Uhm...you get to meet some characters who you don't meet in the other routes

3: Largely speaking I'm not affected by it. I don't think it completely ruins the game or anything

4: From my perspective, none of the routes affect each other....well, that's how I treat it.

Thank you! Man, it is shame that is the main plot twist….oh well. Fire Emblem was never known for great complex stories however I think I have decided now, I will get all three routes (since I love Fire Emblem), and thankfully they all have their own ending, which means I can look forward to how the story plays out in Conquest and Birthright. Once again, thank you very much.

Edited by Ozzie

This is more of a general question about buying skills and recruiting units through logbook but I intend to focus on Midoriko and take advantage of her personal skill. I intend on marrying a Luck+/Def- F!Corrin to Kaze so I can grind weapons through the Smithy skill and get gold coins for the Line of Death and Extravagance skill combo. But the main thing that I am aiming for are the coins and Smithy skill. I am aware that a defense flaw is counter intuitive but I want this Midoriko to have decent offensive stats since she'll be engaging in a lot of battles. So I want Luck + 4 and Smithy skill on a Midoriko from Luck+/Def- F!Corrin x Kaze pairing. I know that this isn't going to make much of a difference but it is something that I want to do. I plan on completing the support library anyways so eventually Kaze will need to marry all of his possible marriage candidates.

Now to the actual question: Is there like a central copy for each unit in the log book such that the same character on any route can buy skills from the one in the log book? Like can I just keep adding to Midoriko's skill pool from all three routes and in any subsequent playthroughs of the game then I can just buy the skills I want from this central copy(assuming that it even works)?

I hope that made sense.

That is true but I don't want to go through multiple My Castle battles and still leave it up to chance in the end. This actually reminds me of another question I wanted to ask.

Say I have both a logbook!Midoriko and a Midoriko through marriage, if I beat someone in a My Castle battle and buy a skill from the other player's Midoriko, do both Midoriko's get the skill that I bought(assuming neither of them have the skill) or do I have to do 2 My Castle battles if I want the same skill on both of the Midoriko's?

Are My Castles tied to the game or the 3DS? I pre-ordered the SE so I was wondering if I can access units on Nohr!My Castle's logbook from the Hoshido!My Castle even though they're on the same game cartridge.

Edited by Magician Lugh

That is true but I don't want to go through multiple My Castle battles and still leave it up to chance in the end. This actually reminds me of another question I wanted to ask.

Say I have both a logbook!Midoriko and a Midoriko through marriage, if I beat someone in a My Castle battle and buy a skill from the other player's Midoriko, do both Midoriko's get the skill that I bought(assuming neither of them have the skill) or do I have to do 2 My Castle battles if I want the same skill on both of the Midoriko's.

You could also just find someone from SS who has a Midoriko with the skills you want. Once the game gets released, there will probably be a thread devoted to people's castles.

Not at all. Fates only reads amiibos, it doesn't write to them.

I was able to scan a Shulk amiibo into Yoshi's Woolly World and unlock the costume even though I had used that same Shulk amiibo in Smash Bros.

On the subject of amiibos, I have my own question; I know the amiibo warriors can staff the shops in My Castle, but what else can they do there? I know they don't show up in the bathhouse and can't be invited into My Room, but can they staff/eat at the kitchen, or talk with other units?

I've heard that for the main game, magic is weaker since there are alot of units that are good mage killers due to having high RES (Ninjas, Pegasi). In addition, the easily accessible mages (Tsukiyomi, Orochi, Odin, and Nyx) are all kinda meager. Dragonstones, the other magical weapon, are weaker in this game due to not having 1-2 range, and being unable to double. Somebody please correct me if I missed a point or got something wrong.

What I want to know is if magic attackers still suck for PvP and the theoretical Apotheosis 2.0 . Given adequate grinding time, wouldn't a railgun Syalla or other min/maxed magical child be able to punch holes in opponents? Or is there some other limiting factor preventing magical units from being viable?

So, are there events for a character's birthday like in Awakening? For example, do they have special things to say when you talk to them on the fields of My Castle? Do they say specific things in skinship? How about your spouse? Would he or she say something different as your spouse as opposed to if they weren't?