"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Grima was a huge disappointment for a fight in Awakening, and I finished him in two rounds on normal, and he was just as easy on hard. Does Fates handle the endboss/bosses better than Awakening did? Are they at least more difficult or have some mechanics to them?

Also with Hoshido classes in Nohr. If you have someone as say a Lance Fighter, do they just use lances on Nohr, or do you have to use Naginatas? and opposite for Hoshido if you are a Paladin on Hoshido side?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grima was a huge disappointment for a fight in Awakening, and I finished him in two rounds on normal, and he was just as easy on hard. Does Fates handle the endboss/bosses better than Awakening did? Are they at least more difficult or have some mechanics to them?

Also with Hoshido classes in Nohr. If you have someone as say a Lance Fighter, do they just use lances on Nohr, or do you have to use Naginatas? and opposite for Hoshido if you are a Paladin on Hoshido side?

The bosses are harder IMO, especially the Revelations final boss.[/spoiler[

For all intents and purposes, the game counts katana as swords, naginatas as lances, clubs as axes etc. so any class regardless of faction can use any weapon as long as what weapon types they have available permit them so.

Nohr and Hoshido weapons are unique but can be equipped regardless of the class faction. A lance and naginata can both be equipped by a Paladin or Lance Fighter. Silas, for example, starts out with a sword but is more likely to be using katanas in Hoshido because those are the weapons you typically get.

When you hit a weapon rank skill cap, does the game record your weapon usage even if you can't go any higher? For example, if I hit B rank as an unpromoted unit and keep using my weapon X number of times, will it automatically jump to A when I promote or will it stay at B?

When you hit a weapon rank skill cap, does the game record your weapon usage even if you can't go any higher? For example, if I hit B rank as an unpromoted unit and keep using my weapon X number of times, will it automatically jump to A when I promote or will it stay at B?

I'd assume it'd stay at B, with you being able to gain no wexp towards A rank until promotion.

Grima on Lunatic or Lunatic plus is still fair game, but otherwise I get what you mean. That aside, the endboss(es) are soso, Nohr a bit less so, and Revelations is really just numbers with not much in the way of skills, unfortunately. Depending on your actual stats, the bosses are somewhat threatening since they have range and can 2hko your units. Some of them anyway....others, who knows. Also the boss ai depends, I still am not really sure how they behave.

Like, in general the bosses have 20-30 in every stat, so they're moderately fast (30-35/40 speed still doubles them), have at least 1-2 range, usually about 50 or so ATK, so yeah. Still a bit sad in some cases, but what can I say.

can someone explain how to save units in logbook or something so we can buy skill from them on another save file?

After you beat endgame, you get to choose 5 characters from that 'save" to save to your logbook.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Don't know if these have been asked yet but to spare myself from 100+ pages of skimming:

1. If a unit learns the Copycat Puppet skill and changes classes (let's say Kamui's reached level 15 in the Puppeteer class and I decide to switch 'em over to White Blood)... will the "Copycat" command remain? I have a feeling it won't, like Aqua's "Sing" or Olivia's "Dance". Any confirmation would be great.
  2. I've just finished Chapter 12 and would love more seals and C+ weapons. I know buildings in My Castle can be leveled up over the course of the game, but at what point are you able to upgrade the weaponry and item shops (if at all)?

Don't know if these have been asked yet but to spare myself from 100+ pages of skimming:

1. If a unit learns the Copycat Puppet skill and changes classes (let's say Kamui's reached level 15 in the Puppeteer class and I decide to switch 'em over to White Blood)... will the "Copycat" command remain? I have a feeling it won't, like Aqua's "Sing" or Olivia's "Dance". Any confirmation would be great.
  2. I've just finished Chapter 12 and would love more seals and C+ weapons. I know buildings in My Castle can be leveled up over the course of the game, but at what point are you able to upgrade the weaponry and item shops (if at all)?

1. You keep the command, no matter your class. Aqua's copycat can't sing to prevent infinite loops.

2. The level 2 and level 3 shops/armories are unlocked at chapter 13 and chapter 20, respectively.

Edited by NekoKnight

To follow up that question, if you replay the endgame, can you choose five more? Or is it restricted to that save file?

You can pick however many you like if you keep replaying. The save file itself doesn't remember that you've played the endgame, only the "shared" part of the save does.

^ this and can you buy skills from that logbook?

Not sure what your question is exactly. The logbook is shared across all save files without restrictions.

​​

Copycat remains usable. There's a reason people are sharing Copycat units online.

You'll need online capability for this one. You can visit other people's castles and buy regular (non-limited) weapons from them. You can also rely on DLC.

You'll need to clear Chapter 13 for Level 2 armouries and vendors.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Imagine if two Azuras COULD keep Singing to each other though?

Ignoring the game-breaking potential, just the idea of two identical Azuras singing a duet as they march across the battlefield is amusing. :P

I think this issue can be easily solved by making singers not able to sing to other singers. You can only sing to one unit (I miss the four-unit version), so this shouldn't break the game too much.

​The enemies will be very confused as they watch the duet. Probably the allies too.

I saw a Menu called "New Decision".. If I have Normal/Casual (first time), Lunatic/Classic (second time) on different save files, what difficulty level that it used?

You can pick the difficulty again when you start a new game from the decision point. It's not dependent on your previous save files.

I think this issue can be easily solved by making singers not able to sing to other singers. You can only sing to one unit (I miss the four-unit version), so this shouldn't break the game too much.

​The enemies will be very confused as they watch the duet. Probably the allies too.

You can pick the difficulty again when you start a new game from the decision point. It's not dependent on your previous save files.

really? but when I tried the menu, it didn't give me difficulty options... and it used my very first save file difficulty setting (the leftmost top).

How does the whole "start from the branching point" thing work? Does it just start a new file at Chapter 6 with all the stats, experience, ect. you had at that point in your previous save?

You can create new character but the experience, stats, difficulty setting will use the very first save file (the left most top save file).

You can create new character but the experience, stats, difficulty setting will use the very first save file (the left most top save file).

I actually found out some time ago that it uses the settings of the file where you most recently reached the starting point (that recent file has to start as a new game though)

Question. What do you think the ideal secondary class is for a Femui marrying Flannel? How about a Mamui marrying Hana?

Skillwise, I mean.

Preistess!Kamui is pretty cool for Flannel because it gives him Renewal. Flannel already gets Sol and Odd Cry, so Renewal allows him to heal 30% to 70% HP per turn and heal himself in battle.

Alternatively, you could take advantage his other skills and go Ninja!Kamui, giving Flannel Copycat Puppet, Lethality and Snake Venom. With Snake Venom and Four Fangs, any enemy who survives Flannel will lose 40% max HP. This works better for Kinu, who needs it more, but it's worth mentioning.

Hana can function well in the Oni classes, or even Fighter. To be honest, Hana is already good with skills, having great stuff like Flowing Strike, Line of Death, Astra, Swordfaire, Miracle and Renewal. Oni Savage gets her Lancebreaker and Counter though, which she'll like.

Edited by gayserbeam