"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

possibly a minor spoiler just want to know about one of the nohr character's epilogue.

With Nyx I found out that she is cursed to not age, in her epilogue does she ever get free of the curse, does she need to be married to a certain character to get free or does it not mention?

Was Counter nerfed, I saw on the skill page here that it still exists, and the BS forced resets that skill causes me in Awakening are legit the only reason I don't list Awakening as my favorite FE.

inb4 Counter got buffed

Counter still exists, but it won't be triggered if the Counter unit is initiating the fight. Same with Magic Counter (a new skill that works even on magic used from 2-range and is no less annoying in practice except mages are likely less common on your team).

Was Counter nerfed, I saw on the skill page here that it still exists, and the BS forced resets that skill causes me in Awakening are legit the only reason I don't list Awakening as my favorite FE.

inb4 Counter got buffed

It got noifed - it only works when the enemy initiates combat now.

It got noifed - it only works when the enemy initiates combat now.

Counter still exists, but it won't be triggered if the Counter unit is initiating the fight. Same with Magic Counter (a new skill that works even on magic used from 2-range and is no less annoying in practice except mages are likely less common on your team).

I'm VERY grateful it got nerfed, but I'm getting conflicting signals on when it's allowed to trigger.

I'm VERY grateful it got nerfed, but I'm getting conflicting signals on when it's allowed to trigger.

It doesn't work when the unit with it initiates combat - in other words, Espinosa's description is more accurate.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

In Awakening, you couldn't pass down skills from DLC classes to children. Is it the same in this game? Thank you in advance.

Yes. You can't pass down any skill learned from any DLC item or class. This includes Dark Flier and Dread Fighter skills, even though those classes are technically available without the DLC maps. Edited by gayserbeam

In Awakening, you couldn't pass down skills from DLC classes to children. Is it the same in this game? Thank you in advance.

it's the same in this game. you also can't buy DLC skill via other unit my castle battle.

Yes. You can't pass down any skill learned from any DLC item or class. This includes Dark Flier and Dread Fighter skills, even though those classes are technically available without the DLC maps.

it's the same in this game. you also can't buy DLC skill via other unit my castle battle.

Thank you both!

I had a few question on generic skills!

-Is there a way of getting them more skills? I read that their classes are limited. I'm assuming aside from DLC classes that they are stuck with one class line?

-What difficulty/level guarantees the generic or boss more skills? I just found something that says "On a harder difficulty" in the wiki.

-If I read things correctly when buying skills only the same unit can get the skill (If you buy skills from a Corrin only your Corrin gets the skill) Does this also apply for generics?

I can already see a few thousand hours play time just toying around with the skills in general.

I also wrote the word skills too much.

Also, is a Gunter Butler possible? I need to know this because of reasons.

I don't own the game and its been awhile since I last browsed the forum but I'll try to help

I had a few question on generic skills! It sounds like you mean the generics and not skills.

-Is there a way of getting them more skills? I read that their classes are limited. I'm assuming aside from DLC classes that they are stuck with one class line? Yes, they only have the class tree of what they started as. IIRC DLC skills and whatever they start with are the only other skills accessible.

-What difficulty/level guarantees the generic or boss more skills? I just found something that says "On a harder difficulty" in the wiki. It depends on the skill, character, level etc but if you really want to use the generics, you likely want one recruited from Lunatic. Though I think they're generally used as rallybots.

-If I read things correctly when buying skills only the same unit can get the skill (If you buy skills from a Corrin only your Corrin gets the skill) Does this also apply for generics? Skills are tied to characters. Canonically named generic I believe are the same but I'm not sure about regular generics because they're given a random name.

Also, is a Gunter Butler possible? I need to know this because of reasons. He should be able to get it from Jakob/Joker though Jakob can't get anything new from Gunter since Jakob already has Gunter's Cavalier

My Question: Someone was asking for a list of class seals obtainable in maps and I would think it has been listed somewhere by now. Anyone know of one? If not I'll probably use Kantopia's chapter data to make a list. (I know you can technically buy an unlimited amount by MyCastle but its still limited by money)

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

Speaking of Selena, is she a good mother for Odin's daughter? I forget her name

I'm going to pair her with Odin regardless, but I am curious weather the inevitable child unit will even be worth using.

Ophelia? Wouldn't someone like Orochi be better for stuff like Tomefaire and other spellcaster-type abilities to boost her sorceress capabilities?

Speaking of Selena, is she a good mother for Odin's daughter? I forget her name

I'm going to pair her with Odin regardless, but I am curious weather the inevitable child unit will even be worth using.

Her's name's Ophelia. And Selena isn't that great, terrible magic growth for a magic based child. Elise is a great mother for her, Nyx possibly as well, but Nyx is better off with other units. Edited by riolumaster