Was there ever a plot reason why....

MCProductions

that Marth doesn't start with the Falchion in his inventory in book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem.

I know why from a game balance perspective,final weapon available from prologue=OP, but I am curious if the game ever provided a plot reason I missed.

Well, at the beginning Marth was going to simply put down a rebellion. Most likely he thought there was no need to bring the sword with him for what seemed to be a simple matter, having no idea it would escalate so much.

My opinion is the same as Acacia's on this matter. No need to bring the divine sword to put down a few rebels (who are already losing to your ally Akaneia).

What I find weirder is that emperor Hardin's letter to Marth in the opening reads "Your Highness, please send Altea's full army immediately, to quell Grust's rebellion" and then Marth shows up with just a handful of knights.

I just figured since the majority of Marths troops in the first game came from foreign nations, that what he starts with in Mystery was all altea had left, bar Caeda and Cain.

Yeah, but FE12 in particular makes a big deal about there being more Altean knights than your playables. Cecille even comes over to your group from another platoon. He had knights, but they were mostly new trainees. You can spin it that Marth figured he'd take the best of the noobs plus a couple of veterans and leave Caeda and Cain to take care of Elice.

Yeah, but FE12 in particular makes a big deal about there being more Altean knights than your playables. Cecille even comes over to your group from another platoon. He had knights, but they were mostly new trainees. You can spin it that Marth figured he'd take the best of the noobs plus a couple of veterans and leave Caeda and Cain to take care of Elice.

Didn't FE12 do pretty much the opposite? In Prolouge VI, Jagen said in that chapter that there were only 20 recruits left since everyone else deserted. Cecile's entire squad also deserted.

I don't think they were ever saying that no one else passed but during the entire game, I got the impression that they were implying that there was no on else around. I mean, later we are seeing the assassins chase after a sole priest who isn't even important beyond the fact that he just so happened to be a playable unit. Then General Horace gets overwhelmed by the clones as if he was fighting at this lonesome.

Edited by BrightBow