FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

Anyone have any luck getting any of the codes in here working on the NTR debugger? Been trying for a bit but for the life of me can't seem to get even the updated ones for patch 1.1 to work. Probably because I'm using the translation patch mind. Since AFAIK there's no other way to easily edit RAM on the n3DS

Edited by The Iron Rose

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any luck getting any of the codes in here working on the NTR debugger? Been trying for a bit but for the life of me can't seem to get even the updated ones for patch 1.1 to work. Probably because I'm using the translation patch mind. Since AFAIK there's no other way to easily edit RAM on the n3DS

+1

im playing on the translation patch on an old 3ds though and I can't create a working plug in. activating the codes on ntr rather than qr scan would save me some trouble.

The really odd thing is that the codes I tried are within the working memregion too, they just don't actually have any effect in game when I'm writing them. Tried both the control enemy and the infinite movement codes for the 1.1 update, to no avail unfortunately. Shame.

I'd just use a plugin but for the life of me I can't get any plugins to show up in NTR.

Edited by The Iron Rose

The really odd thing is that the codes I tried are within the working memregion too, they just don't actually have any effect in game when I'm writing them. Tried both the control enemy and the infinite movement codes for the 1.1 update, to no avail unfortunately. Shame.

I'd just use a plugin but for the life of me I can't get any plugins to show up in NTR.

if the game plugin option is not showing then it looks like an installation issue, had a similar issue one time and I fixed it by uninstalling and replacing it with the latest update at the time 3.2

----------

Another note, the codes posted in the thread, are they specific to the special edition version or do the codes and character block apply to all three version?

Im referring to:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54943&p=3928316

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54943&p=3852248

Anyone ever figure out how to get NTR debugger to work? Was wondering if I could use that since I recently modded my N3DS and was hoping to use that as my main source to run the game however Spider doesn't work on N3DS since it runs Skater. T_T

Anyone ever figure out how to get NTR debugger to work? Was wondering if I could use that since I recently modded my N3DS and was hoping to use that as my main source to run the game however Spider doesn't work on N3DS since it runs Skater. T_T

You need to download the oficial file : ntr.bin and put it on the SD CARD

Edited by Matonmx01

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad I bought this game, I really enjoyed the story!
By the way, my favorite part is when you start a new game, and big sister Lucina tells you that you must defeat her to leave the castle.
uU1PnPX.png

This is chapter 1, where you must battle Marx, who is now Lucina as seen above.

Well, the unit placement data files for Fates (dispos files, .bin, located in GameData/Dispos) have the EXACT same structures as the ones for Awakening, as I had previously explained here.

Edit: While the character blocks in dispos for Awakening are 0x74 in size, the ones for If seem to be 0x8C in size

Edited by DeathChaos25

Able to control enemy

敵操作可能

03C53138 E1500000

Hey guys. I tried to applythis code with NTR debugger using the following command

> write(0x17C53138, (0x00,0x00,0x50,0xE1), pid=0x2C)
however, all it does is say
null
finished
and has no effect
I also tried the exp 100 code and the trade with enemy code, but neither worked. any help?
EDIT: Also, @the post above mine... all those Robins... it's amazing...
EDIT2: Nevermind, I found a cheat.plg file and decided to use that
Edited by Blyvern

So, I tried replacing one of the reinforcement waves on Chapter 17 (Hoshido) with the 4 Amiibo units instead, so that they'd hopefully join me, but instead, the game spawned this...

v5j2c14.png

Words cannot eve begin to describe how utterly confused I am right now.

Would it be possible to remove the trade locks on certain items? (Amiibo weapons, monster weapons, etc) Or would I need to hack them directly into a unit's inventory?

I think so. It's just a bit flag I believe. Just compare a locked weapon with a non-locked one. The flags should be right before the item's IID label.

Adding supports in this game is infinitely easier than in Awakening, with the exception of the Amiibo units, which had a nasty flag that possibly meant they where flagged as Guest MUs, said Flag I had to get rid of, and managed to fully add a complete support set to Robin and Marry him to my Female Kamui, the marriage even produced male Kanna, I'll just dump the screenshots here.

anrAZ6o.pngjgLCrsG.png

lt8XkPw.pngQzbLnxa.png

w6S5v5o.pngsdzXXiW.png

JFzBP3O.pngl6C9Fui.png

Edited by DeathChaos25

Yes, it should be possible, but we'd have to move some stuff around, as this would require adding a pointer to the pointers table.

On another note, after days and days of studying the unit spawning Behavior, I finally managed to figure out how to add new units to a player's team in a map, so that they join at the end.

jdkZ7aH.png 7nicoMC.png

cGgZUHn.png XoCKIfb.png

Alright, managed to get Marth and Ike onto the map, here's the bin if anyone's interested in poking around.

This file goes in GameData/Dispos/A, this is Hoshido chapter 17, do note I only have the special edition, so don't ask me how the files are placed in the Hoshido version.

I seem to be unable to add Robin and Lucina as it makes the game crash, possibly related to how I flagged them as Kamuis to get them to be able to support, or maybe I keep messing up, I'll try adding them on another map later.

3XWJrOE.png3pjqptE.png

Alright, so while I was making this, I came across some nice details about the game's save data.

First, what I was doing was editing unit data within the maps to spawn the Amiibos, as shown in my previous post, and was successful at doing so, however, the process was a tedious one because of one major reason.

I thought I'd just save in the preparations screen to speed up the testing process, I thought wrong.

As it turns out, if you save in the preparations screen, the next time you load the game from within the map, the unit data is actually read from the save, not from the map data itself, so meaning, every time I did an edit, I had to leave the map, leave my castle to re enter the map to get my new units to spawn, however, if I saved within the map with my Amiibo units spawned through romhacking, loading the unedited game, and loading my save, the Amiibo units would actually still be where I spawned them through rom hacking.

This means, that if we find out where the save stores this data, we could add new player units to the map through save editing without the need to romhack, and say, have all playable units in Hoshido, or Nohr, since the unit data for all characters is found in all versions regardless of whether or not they're playable through the story.

Edited by DeathChaos25

DLC items:

0x163 Pebble
0x164 Hero's Brand
0x165 Exalt's Brand
0x167 Fell Brand
0x168 First Blood
0x16A Vanguard Brand
0x16B Steel Blade
0x16C Veteran
0x16D Aether
0x189 Warp