FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I just got the SE and i tried to open it on my 9.0 o3dsxl but it said it needed 10.3, how do i bypass that

You don't. Just upgrade your emuNAND (NOT your sysnand, only your emuNAND) to 10.7 and you're set.

I'm assuming you have custom firmware of some sort, I believe RxTools is the best for the o3ds

Hey, does anybody know if it's possible to modify the names of captured characters without averse side effects? Or even normal in-game characters? I wouldn't mind giving some captured units cooler names, or changing Lazward back to Inigo (even if it doesn't change mentions of his name elsewhere accordingly).

In addition, where is the pointer for changing portraits located, and where could I find an index of people's portraits? Thanks.

Hey, does anybody know if it's possible to modify the names of captured characters without averse side effects? Or even normal in-game characters? I wouldn't mind giving some captured units cooler names, or changing Lazward back to Inigo (even if it doesn't change mentions of his name elsewhere accordingly).

In addition, where is the pointer for changing portraits located, and where could I find an index of people's portraits? Thanks.

For displayed names, this is handled by m/@E/GameData.bin.lz, or m/GameDat.bin.lz if on Japanese version, drag this into FEAT and it'll give you a text file, make your desired changes, and then drag the text file into FEAT to compress it back into a bin.lz file.

For displayed names, this is handled by m/@E/GameData.bin.lz, or m/GameDat.bin.lz if on Japanese version, drag this into FEAT and it'll give you a text file, make your desired changes, and then drag the text file into FEAT to compress it back into a bin.lz file.

Okay, so names are names are read in according to an index, and there's no way to actually change the in-game name other than to actually patch the list of names in the game itself? That's a bit unfortunate.

could that data, theoretically, be transferred from the Japanese dlc?

Yeah. But it disappears as soon as you do. I've tried :(

You'd have to modify the character files for the english version or something so they include the cipher characters like in the japanese one or something similar.

Yeah. But it disappears as soon as you do. I've tried :(

You'd have to modify the character files for the english version or something so they include the cipher characters like in the japanese one or something similar.

You'd have to edit the exefs of the DLC to change the region or make it region free, because I doubt it'd be as easy as just "transferring the data" of her to the game.

if you have access to homebrew you have the ability to downgrade your console to 9.2 and set up emuNAND

So, been trying to look around, and I hear you need to hardmod to go from 10.6 to 9.2? Actually, emuNAND says to hardmod anyway, so

there's really no reason at all to run the gay marriage hack through HANS and every reason to run it on a custom firmware

I don't totally get how this is the case...?

Concerning the gay hack and children, I don't suppose there's a way you could RAM hack change gender instead of ROM hack? Failing that, is it possible to RAM hack the child paralogues open?

So, been trying to look around, and I hear you need to hardmod to go from 10.6 to 9.2? Actually, emuNAND says to hardmod anyway, so

I don't totally get how this is the case...?

You don't need a hardmod, just a copy of Cubic Ninja and/or a Copy of OoT and powersaves.

As for HANS vs CFW, think about it this way, with HANS, you need the entire romfs of the game which is roughly close to 2GB, vs NTR CFW's layeredfs where you only drag'n drop the 100kb file somewhere and you can run the hack, clearly NTR is the better option.

Powersaves as in, just get this? That plus OoT from Amazon is significantly less expensive than Ninja, so that sounds like a way better solution, though this thread says you have to use Ninjhax on a New 3DS, so, uh...?

But okay so with CFW, would the process for running the game and getting DLC and stuff be pretty natural, or are there things I'd have to look out for in order to avoid breaking it (like, when I opened the browser or something)

Powersaves as in, just get this? That plus OoT from Amazon is significantly less expensive than Ninja, so that sounds like a way better solution, though this thread says you have to use Ninjhax on a New 3DS, so, uh...?

But okay so with CFW, would the process for running the game and getting DLC and stuff be pretty natural, or are there things I'd have to look out for in order to avoid breaking it (like, when I opened the browser or something)

It's not N3DS exclusive, it's probably just the guide being tailored for N3DS.

As far as CFW, if you set up an emuNAND, you can update it to the latest FW and use Eshop like normal, this won't limit you at all.

It's not possible to check specific rankings of other players' units, is it?

I'm guessing for the Same-Sex patch, if you S-rank a hacked pairing, then run the game without the patch and find them married to other characters, then the latter will be what is reflected to other players? I'd be happy to check it out if you don't mind dropping me your castle address!

I've just tested it out of curiosity; however, what I did was merely replace the supports, not add in additional ones. If the support between two characters does not exist originally, then it simply won't appear to others. Ex. If I replace Yukimura's support for F!Kamui with Yuugiri, and Yuugiri's support with M!Kamui for Yukimura, neither appear on the bottom of each other's character card.

Childrens' supports with their parents, however, can still be seen by people who are running the unhacked game. So if Midori has Flora as her mother and at least C-supported her in any way, Flora should appear at the bottom of the card.

I think we're talking about different features.

I mean when you go to someone's castle, request their card, then check it in your own travelers plaza bulletin board, you get the option to lock it and view their S-Ranks.

I just made a quick file and S Ranked Male Avatar and Gunther, got someone to check it, and it showed on their vanilla file that I had S Ranked MAvatar and Gunther! Great success! :)

Oh wow right I had forgotten but was just reminded, the NTR CFW thread on GBAtemp says you need a genuine gamecard. Is that going to not work since I got my copy from the eshop?

(But it looks like it's possible to use emuNAND entirely on your SD, so that's all I'd need for this situation, right?)

Oh wow right I had forgotten but was just reminded, the NTR CFW thread on GBAtemp says you need a genuine gamecard. Is that going to not work since I got my copy from the eshop?

(But it looks like it's possible to use emuNAND entirely on your SD, so that's all I'd need for this situation, right?)

That was the earlier versions of NTR, if you run say, RxTools of Cakes FW, and then run NTR alongside that, you can use NTR on your games, regardless if they're non legit CIAs, Eshop legit content, or game cards, and yes, emuNAND is all you'd need to make this possible.

I think we're talking about different features.

I mean when you go to someone's castle, request their card, then check it in your own travelers plaza bulletin board, you get the option to lock it and view their S-Ranks.

I just made a quick file and S Ranked Male Avatar and Gunther, got someone to check it, and it showed on their vanilla file that I had S Ranked MAvatar and Gunther! Great success! :)

Ohh I see, that's good to hear!

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed that there are a few castles with edited childrens' hair colors. While it's apparent when you're in their castle, if you obtain their card and view those S-ranks, their true hair color shows. Wonder if there's any way around it...

Ohh I see, that's good to hear!

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed that there are a few castles with edited childrens' hair colors. While it's apparent when you're in their castle, if you obtain their card and view those S-ranks, their true hair color shows. Wonder if there's any way around it...

Nah, that's actually just a thing the game does, even if you don't hack. On the cards, it will always display the hair colors of other people's kids as either the default hair color, or the hair color your version of that kid has if you have them recruited.

It's probably that they don't bother storing the hex values of the child's hair color in the data for the cards, so the game just uses whatever data it can.

As such, there is no way to edit which hair color is shown on cards, due to the fact that it doesn't actually use data from your game.

Nah, that's actually just a thing the game does, even if you don't hack. On the cards, it will always display the hair colors of other people's kids as either the default hair color, or the hair color your version of that kid has if you have them recruited.

It's probably that they don't bother storing the hex values of the child's hair color in the data for the cards, so the game just uses whatever data it can.

As such, there is no way to edit which hair color is shown on cards, due to the fact that it doesn't actually use data from your game.

Aw, a bit of a bummer, but it shouldn't matter all too much in the end haha. Thank you for the explanation!

I'll update this after I get some sleep with screenshots, but in the character block in the save (extracted with SaveDataFiler and decrypted with RainThunder's FEST fork of SciresM's FEATS program), I've identified how the game deals with what I will refer to as "Extra Stats," and how these differ from the regular "stat bonuses" gained by normally leveling up.

In wireless multiplayer battles, there's an option to "Limit Stats." This temporarily removes any stat points that were gained via Eternal Seal levels and permanent stat boosting items (i.e. Seraph Robes).

In order to accomplish this, the game keeps a separate tally of stats not gained strictly through normal leveling. For example (and this is how I tested this), I examined my save before using a Goddess Icon (and without having used any other stat boosters) on MyUnit and right after using a Goddess Icon on My Unit. The "stat bonuses" section went up by 4 (from 3 to 7). However, another value in the block also increased from 0 to 4.

Decreasing this value back to zero causes the "Limit Stats" option to have no effect.

Like I said, I'll update with pictures to demonstrate, as well as screenshots. I just wanted to write this here before I passed out.

Hi! ^^, does anyone know how to replace characters on Fates, if someone has mentioned this, I'm sorry, I'm really lazy when looking through the forum, bur if someone could help, that would really make me happy :)

Thanks for anyone who replies! *hugs*

Hi! ^^, does anyone know how to replace characters on Fates, if someone has mentioned this, I'm sorry, I'm really lazy when looking through the forum, bur if someone could help, that would really make me happy :)

Thanks for anyone who replies! *hugs*

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-fireeditor-fe-a-save-editor.397493/page-90#post-6170514

the link mainly explains how to remove shields from guest units but also talks about character replacing. Replacement of characters is rather simple regarding recruitable ones, like replacing a captured unit with Anna as seen above. For npc characters though they dont seem to have actual character IDs or blocks. Deathchaos-25 has made everyones favorite dad of the year playable but it took him 2 days to build him a working character block and data