FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

Now for a question with an actual solid answer to it. @wherelifeneverends- So if I wanted to change a unit of mine to like a witch would I need to get a cia of the Japanese dlc? Or are a few things like the classes themself 'on disk dlc' and its just the items associated with them that are downloaded.

Unlike in Awakening, the DLC class data is already already inside the game. So you can take a raw game save and make your classes whatever you want, Witch, cannoneer, Grandmaster, etc. Just have to change the character's class byte to DLC class. There are some classes exclusive to the DLC, like Lord, Cleric and stuff from Awakening. Those classes exist only inside the DLC and can't be reclassed to, I think.

Only the items from 163 and beyond require the DLC to be installed and activated. So if you want to get the actual items for reclassing to a DLC class/learn DLC skills, you would need to download the DLC.

Edited by wherelifeneverends

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some Nightmare modules for Fire Emblem Fates I've just made:

https://github.com/RainThunder/fefates-tools

They are used for ROM hacking.

Basically, Nightmare is a software that let you easily hex edit a file via modules. With Nightmare, even those who don't have knowledge in the data structure or hex can still edit a file and make some cool stuff. Instructions can be found in the repository.

Edited by RainThunder

Instructions can also be found there as well. Those modules will let you edit some basic stuff in the game.

I don't know what a "Nightmare" is, but I can actually probably use some of the "Chapter" info you found in FEFTwiddler (looking into reviving characters), so thanks!

Speaking of FEFTwiddler, I put out another release today if anyone wants it. https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.5.0

Edited by Soaprman

I don't know what a "Nightmare" is, but I can actually probably use some of the "Chapter" info you found in FEFTwiddler (looking into reviving characters), so thanks!

Speaking of FEFTwiddler, I put out another release today if anyone wants it. https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.5.0

It was explained in the README.md file of that repository. Basically, Nightmare is a software that let you easily hex edit a file via modules. With Nightmare, even those who don't have knowledge in the data structure or hex can still edit a file and make some cool stuff.

For your FETwiddler, I'd recommend taking a look at the .nmm files and see if there are any data might insterest you.

Edited by RainThunder

They are used for ROM hacking.

Basically, Nightmare is a software that let you easily hex edit a file via modules. With Nightmare, even those who don't have knowledge in the data structure or hex can still edit a file and make some cool stuff. Instructions can be found in the repository.

This is going to come in handy, thanks for this!

btw, is there any way to somehow retrieve additional save slot saves from the game? I tried looking through my 3DS' files but couldn't find anything (I looked through the Nintendo 3DS folder, my NAND, and all of the files in there, but there was nothing that looked like it could be the SD saves)

This is going to come in handy, thanks for this!

btw, is there any way to somehow retrieve additional save slot saves from the game? I tried looking through my 3DS' files but couldn't find anything (I looked through the Nintendo 3DS folder, my NAND, and all of the files in there, but there was nothing that looked like it could be the SD saves)

Those should be in your extra data folder on the sd card in fates folder

You can also always use save data manager or something like that too.

Question, how would I go about changing which model a class uses? The Nohr noble class for females, on Kanna at least, makes me... uncomfortable. Id much prefer the adventurer outfit. And on the topic, would it be possible to give a character a separate specific model only they use for a class? I sorta want Camilla in her malig knight outfit cus the wyvern knight outfit dosnt show her tits is rather clunky and I dont feel like that fits her personality yet I dont want Beruka in that

Those should be in your extra data folder on the sd card in fates folder

You can also always use save data manager or something like that too.

Question, how would I go about changing which model a class uses? The Nohr noble class for females, on Kanna at least, makes me... uncomfortable. Id much prefer the adventurer outfit. And on the topic, would it be possible to give a character a separate specific model only they use for a class? I sorta want Camilla in her malig knight outfit cus the wyvern knight outfit dosnt show her tits is rather clunky and I dont feel like that fits her personality yet I dont want Beruka in that

I checked the extra data folder and couldn't find any chapter saves, but I did find a horde of other extensionless files.

As for your question, model changing at a glance is across the board, and looks pretty tricky.

For example, The wyvern rider line uses similar filenames, kdra, followed by a number. I'm not sure which one is for malig knight and wyvern lord, so you'll have to look at that through a model viewer like Ohana 3DS. Now in terms of making more unique models for people... I really don't know. It seems possible in theory, since Unique models have a character ID associated with them, but I've barely touched upon model editing so it's too early to say

Edited by Katsu

Here are some Nightmare modules for Fire Emblem Fates I've just made:https://github.com/RainThunder/fefates-toolsThey are used for ROM hacking.Basically, Nightmare is a software that let you easily hex edit a file via modules. With Nightmare, even those who don't have knowledge in the data structure or hex can still edit a file and make some cool stuff. Instructions can be found in the repository.

I know you put in instructions, but which GameData.bin do i edit and if it's the one that's in the download, which one do I replace. I'm experienced in Awakening nightmare, but I'm a little confused with this one.

Edited by GCNMatt

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread for something simple (I wouldn't even know where to post it) but is it possible to/has anyone ripped the UI sprites from FE14 and posted them somewhere? I tried getting them myself from Miiverse screenshots (I assume Miiverse screenshots are 1:1 because it's a direct screenshot during gameplay) but they don't seem very crisp/aliased even though traditional sprites on the screenshot seemed to have been.

Some UI sprite examples I got off Miiverse: The checkered background, The button for the character's name in the top left and the stats, the background at the bottom where the "Display a list..." is, The "button" for the character name, dialogue background pattern, and the little arrow, and the such pertaining to UI sprites/patterns

I hope it's not presumptuous of me, but with all the 3D model hacking and text hacking, I figure it's also possible to grab the raw sprites/patterns from the game files itself. This might end up being a request but I appreciate any feedbacks/info regarding this.

Edited by Atticus Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, there is a lot here! I'm looking to give myself the ability to build all / any of the castle resources.

I have an Old3DS, SysNAND of 9.2.0.0-20U and EmuNAND of 11.0.0-33U, CFW RxTools, HB Launcher on EmuNAND, and have already applied the Gay Fates Hack to my Conquest cartridge. So I have a GameData > GameData.bin.lz file and everything else from braindump. Is there a patch to apply this ability to a cartridge through HANs yet? Or what would be the easiest method for doing this? Note: I cannot use QR codes.

Wow, there is a lot here! I'm looking to give myself the ability to build all / any of the castle resources.

I have an Old3DS, SysNAND of 9.2.0.0-20U and EmuNAND of 11.0.0-33U, CFW RxTools, HB Launcher on EmuNAND, and have already applied the Gay Fates Hack to my Conquest cartridge. So I have a GameData > GameData.bin.lz file and everything else from braindump. Is there a patch to apply this ability to a cartridge through HANs yet? Or what would be the easiest method for doing this? Note: I cannot use QR codes.

well first of all you should get a9lh now, and switch your CFW to luma3ds or reinand. RxTools is super outdated. For My Castle Resources you want to use NTR + the cheat plugin.

Edited by The Iron Rose

well first of all you should get a9lh now, and switch your CFW to luma3ds or reinand. RxTools is super outdated. For My Castle Resources you want to use NTR + the cheat plugin.

Are there any easy to follow guides on installing Luma3DS CFW on EmuNAND? Without deleting RxTools?

Is Luma3DS compatible with Old3DS, and a completely up to date EmuNAND firmware? :)

Ugh OK, found this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and... this is a lot of work for only wanting to edit castle resources, I wouldn't be able to do this anytime soon since it takes so much time haha

I could probably figure out how to install Luma3DS for the time being as a second custom firmware. But the downgrading for the OTP and restoring 9.2 for arm9loaderhax is to much for right now. Is there any simpler way, from what I already have, to hack my game to build more castle resources?

Edited by Starmytes

(soo uhh just a little aside thing since this feels like the best place to put this, My Room quotes and music are easy to find but I haven't seen rips of any of the other sound effects? Is that because nobody's bothered to upload them, or can they actually not be ripped in the same way, or am I just completely failing to find them?)

yeah, like I said dude, all you need is NTR and the corresponding fates cheats plugin.

Oh OK, sorry! I had registered that as I would need to get a9lh + Luma3DS for NTR to use the cheats... I'm starting research on NTR and how to get it for RxTools, but I'll greatly consider switching everything over to Luma3DS in the future. :)

From the sounds of it I can install a .cia of NTR on my EmuNAND and boot it from there, which is nice. <3

This would be the code for castle resources?

All Resources in My Castle:
B3AE0998 00000000
B0000008 00000000
B0000000 00000000
000000DC 03FF0FFF
000004F8 63636363
000004FC 63636363
00000500 63636363
00000510 63636363
00000514 63636363
10000518 00006363
D3000000 00000000
NTR installed, trying to figure out how to get this code as a cheat plugin! :)
edit: OK sweet, so the code above is ARCode, while is code is a Gateway code for the same thing:
DD000000 00000804

D3000000 00000000

B06D1998 00000000

B0000008 00000000

B0000000 00000000

10000046 00002492

00000048 49249249

0000004C 92492492

00000050 24924924

00000054 49249249

00000058 92492492

0000005C 24924924

00000060 49249249

00000064 92492492

00000068 24924924

0000006C 49249249

00000070 92492492

10000084 00007FE0

D0000000 00000000

You can use the NTR debugger to use Gateway codes, and I'm assuming you can use the ArCode normally on NTR?
NOPE apparently ARCodes don't work and would need a lot of converting + python which won't install on my computer.
I'll be trying the Gateway debugger conversion soon!
Edited by Starmytes

How would I remove growths from the foodstuff fed to Lilith? Currently, I've removed growths from the levels she gains in battle using some Nightmare modules, but I cannot find any module that allows me to adjust foodstuff parameters.

How would I remove growths from the foodstuff fed to Lilith? Currently, I've removed growths from the levels she gains in battle using some Nightmare modules, but I cannot find any module that allows me to adjust foodstuff parameters.

0% growths don't work at face value on Fates.

I have about 6 characters with 0% growths who consistently get 4-5 stats on level ups, I even had a character gain +2 speed in a single level up, so I'm guessing 0% growths does something weird.

Anybody familiar with texture and model editing?

I tried making a custom skin texture for Niles to use so he'll be not white in his model, planning to do that for Rinkah as well but Im playing conquest so Niles is more convenient. Yet my game crashes when I try and load his model up with NTR. Only his model and Ive got the gay+ patch going on NTR so thats all set up correctly.

For those who dont know and for the sake of documentation; how the texture and model system works (Possibly a few other things maybe?) is that each character has an ID number and their files specific to them have that id number in them. (Face, hair, ect) Exp, the regular male outlaw texture and model files are 'uBody_M_roge_0.bch' for the model and 'uBody_M_roge_0_cl0n_A/E/P.bch' for the texture with the letters varying on if its applied to an Ally unit, enemy unit, or player unit. Character specific models and textures (you may know how Elise wears her cute princess dress as a strategist but Felicia will just wear the generic class outfit with shorts and lack of cute pink hearts) have that ID at the end of it. Problem Im having is trying to add a unique texture for a single character to use in a model. Whats weird is that in Fates the class outfit textures are separate files from the skin textures were the skin texture loads as the bottom layer unlike in awaking were the whole body is one texture file except for the face. (Remember back in Awaking when you promoted Vaike to a berserker only for him to look like his son in a lot of peoples games some scrawny nerd? Yeah I guess thats because Basilio and his 'brown Feroxi arse' use the beefed up model for that class IS like forgot to make a separate white boy texture for it or something) And yet despite this the skin textures only have two variants per gender (Technically all the swimsuits are skin textures but whatever, same base)

tumblr_o7bkrhdNN51ua1e8jo1_400.png

So is there a naming problem? I also tried with out the first file listed (which is literally just a renamed copy of the male skin model cus I saw other characters had a separate model file to match with their texture file even if the model its self isnt any different)

Would I actually have to go in and edit the character block data? Hoping not, uhg

Unique Models/Textures are controlled entirely by the character's AID (Asset ID)

This controls their head, their hair, their voice, and their unique model/textures.

Editing this might be basically impossible depending on what you want to do, because all blocks are different with Different kinds of bitflags and different header sizes, I have no idea which series of bitflags does what, the only one I can tell you is F9 07 00 08 06 00 00 00 which is an 8 byte header which are the bitflags used so that when you assign a model to a character, they will always keep their assigned outfit no matter the class, like with Aqua here as an example;

tumblr_inline_o5yv0cmR6e1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o5yv13zHP21u0fe1d_400.png

tumblr_inline_o5yv1oCLod1u0fe1d_400.png

If you change the header size and the amount of bitflags you need to add more/less pointers which means that you basically have to reconstruct a lot of the file for a small change.