FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

Okay sweetness it looks like it's working, though, I have to turn on NTR every time I turn on my 3ds? I think I remember hearing about permanent patching, that sounds nice... Unsure if related, but it seems the game is pretty slow to load assets now.

Also, with the gay hack some supports are messed up, like I did Takumi x Oboro, but now it seems Takumi divorced her? Yet Oboro still has S with Takumi. More troubling, Nyx still has an S rank with Hayato, but Hayato is apparently married to Elise? I'm building some supports now to see if this is actually a bad thing so uh

EDIT: Yeah so marrying Elise didn't get Hayato to un-S her, it's weird but at least I'm not seeing any real issues with it, but Takumi x Oboro seem to not be gaining any support points so I can't re-marry them. FEFTwiddler doesn't have support stuff so uhhh

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay sweetness it looks like it's working, though, I have to turn on NTR every time I turn on my 3ds? I think I remember hearing about permanent patching, that sounds nice... Unsure if related, but it seems the game is pretty slow to load assets now.

Also, with the gay hack some supports are messed up, like I did Takumi x Oboro, but now it seems Takumi divorced her? Yet Oboro still has S with Takumi. More troubling, Nyx still has an S rank with Hayato, but Hayato is apparently married to Elise? I'm building some supports now to see if this is actually a bad thing so uh

EDIT: Yeah so marrying Elise didn't get Hayato to un-S her, it's weird but at least I'm not seeing any real issues with it, but Takumi x Oboro seem to not be gaining any support points so I can't re-marry them. FEFTwiddler doesn't have support stuff so uhhh

The thing with gay fates is that it edits the support table in the hex coding pretty hard, so if you import a save file into the gay fates hack that wasn't originally a gay fates save file, your supports are going to get flopped around. It's highly recommend to start a new save when playing gay fates.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. Wanted to change some pairings anyway.

The game still runs pretty slow whenever it needs to load assets though and starting up is really slow because as far as I'm aware I need to boot NTR every time I play?

Yeah that's exactly what I did. Wanted to change some pairings anyway.

The game still runs pretty slow whenever it needs to load assets though and starting up is really slow because as far as I'm aware I need to boot NTR every time I play?

It runs slow because the file was compressed using the wrong compression, of course the creator was unaware of this, so that should be rectified next patch, or, you could use mine while the next update comes over since i decompressed it and then used the correct compression, you should see a significant reduction on load times.

Normal version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbgupda72x84ewp/GameData.bin.lz?dl=1

All Paralogues unlocked version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06ms1nwe3khnmfy/GameData.bin.lz?dl=1

And yes, you need to boot NTR every time unless you rebuild a cia with the hacks you want.

It runs slow because the file was compressed using the wrong compression, of course the creator was unaware of this, so that should be rectified next patch, or, you could use mine while the next update comes over since i decompressed it and then used the correct compression, you should see a significant reduction on load times.

Normal version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbgupda72x84ewp/GameData.bin.lz?dl=1

All Paralogues unlocked version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06ms1nwe3khnmfy/GameData.bin.lz?dl=1

And yes, you need to boot NTR every time unless you rebuild a cia with the hacks you want.

For the compression thing, does that mean the compression from the Twin Kana guide is wrong as well?

Oh awesome I'll try this out later tonight. Is this only the gay patch or does it include other things? And the unlocked paralogues is presumably so that you can recruit children of gay parents, rather than so that you can recruit children without parents?

And okay I have no qualms with rebuilding a .cia, there are just a couple more things I want to do, probably the more difficult of which being, to set some forced models? Such as making Laslow always wear his normal Mercenary outfit or Selkie use her normal Kitsune outfit even if they're in another class. (The instances where I care about map sprites this way I can probably just replace the blue versions of the classes I want?)

For the compression thing, does that mean the compression from the Twin Kana guide is wrong as well?

Yeah, BatchLZ77 uses lz10 compression which is the wrong type of compression, the game files need lz11 compression.

This is the tool I use now to compress the files;

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1130/

Just select lz11 compression to compress the file, once you have compressed it, drag the file to HxD, copy the first 4 bytes, paste them again on the start (so they repeat), and change the first byte from 11 to 13.

Oh awesome I'll try this out later tonight. Is this only the gay patch or does it include other things? And the unlocked paralogues is presumably so that you can recruit children of gay parents, rather than so that you can recruit children without parents?

And okay I have no qualms with rebuilding a .cia, there are just a couple more things I want to do, probably the more difficult of which being, to set some forced models? Such as making Laslow always wear his normal Mercenary outfit or Selkie use her normal Kitsune outfit even if they're in another class. (The instances where I care about map sprites this way I can probably just replace the blue versions of the classes I want?)

This would probably be extremely hard with just romhacking since you're basically going to have to rebuild the entire asset file, as for the map sprites, I don't think any of those are unique, because map sprites are now separated into Head and Body, meaning you'd have to first combine both into a custom sprite, then copy/paste it for every class you want to keep his sprite on.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Huh I thought that'd be way easier since I only want one class for each character, so like since I want Ninja Selkie to use her Kitsune sprite I'd just copy her body map sprites over the blue ninja female body and it'd affect Kagero too but that's fine since it doesn't affect any enemies? I'm not sure I see an advantage to combining the head and body...?

Huh I thought that'd be way easier since I only want one class for each character, so like since I want Ninja Selkie to use her Kitsune sprite I'd just copy her body map sprites over the blue ninja female body and it'd affect Kagero too but that's fine since it doesn't affect any enemies? I'm not sure I see an advantage to combining the head and body...?

Because instead of replacing the default sprite and having it affect ALL blue units, you can instead make a "Unique" full body sprite for that single unit.

Yeah, BatchLZ77 uses lz10 compression which is the wrong type of compression, the game files need lz11 compression.

This is the tool I use now to compress the files;

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1130/

Just select lz11 compression to compress the file, once you have compressed it, drag the file to HxD, copy the first 4 bytes, paste them again on the start (so they repeat), and change the first byte from 11 to 13.

I assume you use that new tool to decompress the file as well? I'm gonna hold off on adding the Twin Kanas again until the next update for the gay patch update. (Although I think making a updated guide with the new tool would be a good idea) I had to remove the first 4 bytes when using the old tool (Because I was using the Gay patch) so I'm guessing I won't need to do that when adding the twins to the next update?

Edited by Moondrag

I assume you use that new tool to decompress the file as well? I'm gonna hold off on adding the Twin Kanas again until the next update for the gay patch update. (Although I think making a updated guide with the new tool would be a good idea) I had to remove the first 4 bytes when using the old tool (Because I was using the Gay patch) so I'm guessing I won't need to do that when adding the twins to the next update?

Nah, to decompress I use Fire Emblem Archive Tool, it's much easier, just drag'n drop the .lz files in it and it'll give you a decompressed .bin file (assuming the file is correctly compressed, otherwise you'll need BatchLZ77)

7c1e427f116542f06165cba149148fc4.png

IT'S SOMETHING.

I later found the skin textures elsewhere, and I think stuff like the normals on the dress and other parts of the clothes and dirty textures and eyes not showing up I can fix (eyes are just planes right I got the texture it's just not on the model for some reason (or maybe it is and i didn't look hard enough idk)

The hair though is problematic, the file that's supposed to contain the texture, at least I think, uHair_F_ch131_0_cl0n.bch.lz, just contains a 128x128 black square, and I'm not sure where else to look...

(EDIT: wait no...the dirty textures are these separate ones I can handle, I guess the clean ones are part of the main model file that aren't getting ripped by Ohana? Ohhhh and that's why there's no rippable hair texture in that other file okay that makes sense but uh so is it known what to do about the normal textures)

Edited by 47948201

Alrighty then but so has someone made a dump of all the textures somewhere/is there some other known way to rip them? The place that has most of the asset rips I've found was removed.

You wan easily get them from the bu folder i believe, just use Fire Emblem Archive Tool and you should be able to extract the PNGs from the bch.lz files.

Models and textures share the same name, if multiple textures exist for the same body model (Such as Saizo and Kaze), it'll just increase the number at the end of the name, for textures, you want the files that end in cl0n, for Example, Aqua’s songtress model is uBody_F_star_0, and the texture file is uBody_F_star_0_cl0n_P.

Oh sweet yeah that explains how I mysteriously had some random miko texture pngs but couldn't get the others, yay time to rip everything

EDIT: something I'm noticing however is that the skin textures are significantly paler than ingame, not finding why that is...

Edited by 47948201

So I figured out why you couldn't rebuild a .cia with modified files. Turns out you can't have spaces in the filename.

Though unfortunately you can't go online with a modified .cia so it's somewhat irrelevant in any event. Terribly annoying since you need to use NTR every time.

So I figured out why you couldn't rebuild a .cia with modified files. Turns out you can't have spaces in the filename.

Though unfortunately you can't go online with a modified .cia so it's somewhat irrelevant in any event. Terribly annoying since you need to use NTR every time.

I have a cartridge so I need to use NTR anyways.

Also, I can't really build a CIA, being as I am constantly making and testing new hacks, rebuilding an entire CIA just to change a 2kb file that I'll change again 5 minutes later doesn't seem like an optimal choice.

Uh that probably depends on what you want to ROMhack, a lot of stuff is already possible, as shown here?

Such as, I'm trying to piggyback off of the gay hack's NTR patching deal, I've done it for some other files but I noticed dialogue text talking thingy files with Japanese names have that crazy text for a name instead, like

pü½püÄpéäpüïpüù_të¬péÆpéépéëpüúpüƒµÖé.bin.lz

How do I translate to and from this nonsense text, with actual Japanese characters? (Or does it even matter for this but I still want to know because I see this a lot and can't find a real answer)

heeelp_zpswgtdeifh.png

Help why does Ohana do this?? I used the bch texture replacer tool but then when I drop the newly saved bch file into the archive tool it extracts the rights textures, although the preview for the folder the images are messed up with the parts that arnt showing up on the model are yellow. But going into the folder fixes that so idk.

oh and when exporting the 3d model with Ohana then opening it up is photoshop the model is like way bigger I think idk cus the exported texture file was like tiny when I tried to import it has the model texture. Or maybe I didn't do it right idk