FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

I've never tried opening the models with photoshop but yes the models are all super huge, or at least they were when I exported to .dae (for the sake of keeping bones, though not all of them totally work)

Anyway from the looks of it Ohana is only showing you one of the meshes of a two-or-three mesh model, and all the model files contain only the damaged versions of clothing, with the file with the similar but longer name containing the texture yeah

No clue about coloring, you got it a lot better than I did, all the textures are like 90% transparent so like idk not helpful just the various stuff I've found that might inspire some approaches

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, most of the textures are extremely transparent for literally no reason at all, not to mention that each file contains 2 textures, and I really don't know how well they work.

Also, does anyone know how to import models into a .bch file? Maybe we can try importing a few Awakening models.

Ohana is only displaying the damaged texture because it cant layer the two texture files together. The top texture is displayed over and is annoyingly transparent. To help with that I simply made a new layer filled it in a solid color and made it the bottom layer. Then deleted it when I wanted to re save the image as png. Lighter colors work better for the overlay image and black is best for the base image. Ohana is just displaying the background as black. Idk whats with the transparency though. Animal crossing has that too with the villager models but when ignoring that and importing a full opacity image they look fine in game. Maybe it has something to do with storage or ram optimization idk.

And drats with being unable to import awaking models. Actually just importing any models at all would be hilarious. Make Garon thomas the tank engine, chu chu mutherfuckers

Doesn't Ohana's featurelist include model importing? As replacement rather than addition though well idk I added some model files and couldn't get them to do anything but that's not saying much. Its other restriction (vertex count) doesn't seem too hard to get around, though I'm unsure how things might play out ingame if you change the meshes.

Also as a side question, if I wanted to add a support option to the already-set-up gay hack...

Doesn't Ohana's featurelist include model importing? As replacement rather than addition though well idk I added some model files and couldn't get them to do anything but that's not saying much. Its other restriction (vertex count) doesn't seem too hard to get around, though I'm unsure how things might play out ingame if you change the meshes.

Also as a side question, if I wanted to add a support option to the already-set-up gay hack...

Take the gamedata.bin from the gay hack and open it with fefates-tools, it uses a program called nightmare. In there open the characters.nmm (module) and from there I I believe you should be able to either add options or replace options. Also the amiibo dudes unlike Lucina dont have a hair color for whatever reason so if you want to pair them up with someone and it would make a kid (other then Shigure cus hes a special snowflake) theyed have grey hair. You can simply change their hair colors in the save editor. I just copied Lucinas hair color for Marth and Ike and Niles's for Robin.

Yeah I've used Twiddler to set everyone's hair colors to their fathers', I think many of them look much better that way.

As for using fefates-tools on my gamedata.bin, character data shows a support ID and a parent-child/sibling support index, but I'm not seeing any, like, pointers to where I'd look to actually change options for a character. No convenient list of options, either. I'm using Character.nmm, Character_C.nmm doesn't look too useful and there's no such thing as characters.nmm here?

Yeah I meant Character.nmm, sorry about that

well Im not to sure then. You might have to edit the character blocks but Im not how in the world to do that. I had thought fefates-tools had support editing. Maybe its another module? UnassumingVenusaur might actually have a guide up of that on her tumblr.

Speaking of hair color. I took the liberty of dumping the children's hair colors from Lost in the Waves.

Here is what they are:

Shigure - BAE1E1
Kana - EBE2D6
Shiro - 58332D
Siegbert - D0C29F
Kiragi - C1B2AC
Forrest - F2E3B5
Selkie - D39146
Velouria - F5F3F0 (Yes this is correct. I have no idea why her hair shows up as white like Nina's in RAM)
Ignatius - D2C3AA
Midori - 7D9682
Sophie - AAB5B5
Caeldori - CC7373
Percy - FEEAB7
Rhajat - 484848
Hisame - 6F554B
Asugi - E47859
Soleil - EBCDD6
Ophelia - DAD3BD
Nina - F5F3F0
Mitama - FFDDE9
Dwyer - D2D2C3

Another note: If you wanted to make the children be able to use their father's sacred weapons here are the flags you'd need to add to the character:

Takumi - 31
Corrin - 3
Ryoma - 32
Leo - 33
Xander - 34

A neat glitch occurs however when you try to recruit Kana with the third flag (Yato) active. Kana is unable to be recruited and he defaults to Corrin.

My bandage solution (since I play using NTR) was to create two separate GameData.bin's. One with and without the flag checked. I play without the Kana flag until I recruit Kana, reboot, use FBI to rename the GameData.bin's and viola, you have Kana able to wield Yato.

If anyone has any other ideas as to why this happens I'm all ears.

That is because unlike the other weapon flags, Yato does not use its own flag, rather, Yato uses the "Avatar" flag as a condition to wield it.

So basically, you're turning your character into a Corrin if you give them that flag, as Corrin is meant to be the only person to use the Yato.

heeelp_zpswgtdeifh.png

Help why does Ohana do this?? I used the bch texture replacer tool but then when I drop the newly saved bch file into the archive tool it extracts the rights textures, although the preview for the folder the images are messed up with the parts that arnt showing up on the model are yellow. But going into the folder fixes that so idk.

oh and when exporting the 3d model with Ohana then opening it up is photoshop the model is like way bigger I think idk cus the exported texture file was like tiny when I tried to import it has the model texture. Or maybe I didn't do it right idk

With the help of a very kind Textures Resource user, there is a solution to the texture problem. http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26680.html

Open the texture with this tool, and link red to red, blue to blue, and green to green. Ignore the last one, and save, and you should have textures that aren't transparent and have all its detail.

With the help of a very kind Textures Resource user, there is a solution to the texture problem. http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26680.html

Open the texture with this tool, and link red to red, blue to blue, and green to green. Ignore the last one, and save, and you should have textures that aren't transparent and have all its detail.

we can edit them just fine, the real problem is getting them into the game.

The textures are packed 2 in 1, 2 textures inside a single bch file, and as far as I know there's no way to recreate them.

Ohana has the texture replacer, but if you use it this is what you get;

Dhriee3.png

You can leave out the heavily injured texture and it'll work, but when the game calls for the other texture and doesn't find it, it causes a crash.

OZGrVGd.png

we can edit them just fine, the real problem is getting them into the game.

The textures are packed 2 in 1, 2 textures inside a single bch file, and as far as I know there's no way to recreate them.

Ohana has the texture replacer, but if you use it this is what you get;

Dhriee3.png

You can leave out the heavily injured texture and it'll work, but when the game calls for the other texture and doesn't find it, it causes a crash.

OZGrVGd.png

Yeah, I knew about that issue. It turns the new textures into shiny glitchy messes. I was just posting that there was a way to correctly view the default textures with no problem in Ohana.

So I have been looking around in this topic because I want to change my ruby mine to crystal and my hunting grounds into a cabbage patch, because that is what they were in my old game (before I wiped it trying to instal a9lh XD) anyway, I have seen the cheat to unlock all buildings in my castle and I was curious if it was possible to destroy both the ruby mine, and the hunting grounds in game, then activate the cheat, then build the crystal and cabbage resources, then deactivate the cheat so that all the buildings (including the ruby and hunting grounds) were gone? Is that possible? or would it be easier to just replace the resources with the ones I want with hex editing? If so, where do I even start to try and find those hex values and the values of the crystal and cabbage patch to replace them with? Thanks!

Edit: I have homebrew launcher and a9lh on my o3ds xl, in case you needed that info...

run the ntr plugin that gives you access to all buildings and replace

Anybody know the offset to the character pointer block? I'm having a hard time editing my characters and wanted to make a gateshark code. Or at the very least does anyone know if it's possible to SUBTRACT from a value in cheatcode? For example,

D4000000 XXXXXXX

This code type ADDS to the register. Is there anyway I can SUBTRACT from it?

So when I do this, is it possible for me to then turn the plugin off so that I cant build all the buildings again? I also would want the ability to build the ruby mines and hunting grounds to be turned off too. Would that happen? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just want to ask before I mess up my game... again.

Not sure wrt your second question, but obviously you don't have to enable the plugin - just don't run NTR before loading fates.

Sorry if I'm not making sense... I'll try to clear things up a bit. So I have destroyed my ruby mine and hunting grounds because, well I dont want them. When I go into my build menu, it offers me the ruby mine and hunting grounds for free (No points to build it) so I can build them at any point again. I was wondering if that would stay even after I am done running the plugin, or if those options would be gone as soon as I built the crystal mine and cabbage patch I actually want. Also, a few quick questions and requests: 1. Will this have any chance of me getting banned online? I really dont want that... and 2. Could you (Or somebody else) direct me to a tutorial on NTR and plugins? I have looked around but cant seem to find anything... Thanks for being patient with me!

To your first question - once you've disabled the plugin you would only be able to build your hunting grounds and ruby mine, not your crystal mine and cabbage patch.

To your other questions:

1) no, the only things that can get you banned from online (i.e. no one can visit your castle and you can't participate in online battles) is having enemy only weapons, dragonskin, or too many characters in special (nohr/hoshido prince/ess, foxes, wolves, dancer) classes and then updating data. that's it.

2) Just google it dude, I can't hand hold you all the way. Download the plugin here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-cheat-plugin.415563/ or here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntr-cheats-plugin-ported-from-gateshark.427187/

Download the 3.2 NTR.bin here: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

and shadowtrance's 3.3 bootntr.cia here: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases

put the plugin in plugins/titleID, run bootntr.cia, run fates, press x+y.

Make sure you're using the ntr firm for Luma 3ds on the luma wiki.

Thank you! So if I build the mine and patch I want to while the plugin is running, then run the game without the plugin, I will keep the crystal and cabbage, but wont be able to build anything else and will keep the ruby and hunting grounds in the build options, right?

Yeah, though you will need to scrap and rebuild everything in your castle. there's some glitchiness there.

About the cheat argoument: i use the EUR version of the game, the Special Edition Version to be precise. I want to make my next save file a little more "easy" in term of experience point; maybe sopund stupid but im intrested in the 100exp cheat code. My problem is the only way i have to use this, since NTR plug in evreytime freeze for me with evrey code in evrey game, is via AR. I go on Fort42 but the section for all 3 games is blank. So i try to "make" the code my self using the already pre existe code for the NTR plug in...but nothing. Make i simple made my life more harder, or maybe im just to inexperience for this kind of thing but all my try come to one thing: nothing. I even try the easy way and directly put only the string of code necessary in the QR code generator but still nothing.

Somebody can help me? Two last thing: at the moment i screw my emunand so i can't use NTR (for some reason i can't install cia on emunand) only QR code. And for the reference here the code i was try to use:

D3000000 00000000
DD000000 00000404
0052DDA8 E3A01064
D0000000 00000000
DD000000 00000006
0052DDA8 C3A01064
D0000000 00000000

And for very last thing: the save file on i want to use this is a revelation story. I don't think is important but i say just for the record.

You should probably fix your emuNAND before you do anything else. And then install a9lh.

Sorry for the OT. I honestly try re do the entire process but with a much big SD, the problem is when i go for install FBI/BigBlueMenu/Homebrew Luncher or other basic thing (before do the emunand) FBI via homebrew dosen't install anything so i have to figured out why this happen. I try to re do the process again formatting the SD card.

Sorry for the OT. I honestly try re do the entire process but with a much big SD, the problem is when i go for install FBI/BigBlueMenu/Homebrew Luncher or other basic thing (before do the emunand) FBI via homebrew dosen't install anything so i have to figured out why this happen. I try to re do the process again formatting the SD card.

Just follow this guide from the top: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki