Oh, come on now Tharja.... (Major Spoilers)

Onestep

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of this is true it's literally the worst thing IS has done since making Awakening and irreperably (as proved by If/Fates) ruining the series.

I've caught at least three buzzwords there. You're from /feg/, right?

I've caught at least three buzzwords there. You're from /feg/, right?

There are far too many Awakening fans in /feg/ for me to tolerate browsing it, let alone posting there.

Anyway, I suppose it's true that we don't know if the map design, balance and all that will be as atrocious as in Awakening. As far as story and characters goes, though, I'd say we have enough info to declare it dead in the water at this point.

Edited by Person with good opinions

There are far too many Awakening fans in /feg/ for me to tolerate browsing it, let alone posting there.

Anyway, I suppose it's true that we don't know if the map design, balance and all that will be as atrocious as in Awakening. As far as story and characters goes, though, I'd say we have enough info to declare it dead in the water at this point.

Eh, I'm not keen on a lot of what I see, but I haven't seen a lot.

That said, I doubt the series will be literally, irreperably ruined. If nothing else, they can always jut reboot it, scrap the Avatars and go back to good old medieval fantasy adventures.

But they won't do that, because waifus are a licence to print money and they know it.

I'm not really buying that Kamui is the reincarnation of Robin... here's why:

If Kamui is an incarnation of Robin, then Robin must be dead. Not only must Robin be dead, but Robin must've been dead for about 15-20 years, as that is around Kamui's age. Then we have Luna (and the other awakening characters), who are around the same age as Kamui. See what I am getting at? Robin couldn't have possibly have been dead for 15-20 years at this point, the awakening characters only look slightly older than they do during the events in awakening. Unless Robin's soul is living in two different places at the same time or IS pulls even more time travel shenanigans it isn't possible. I mean, it is a game so anythings possible, but if Kamui is the reincarnation of Robin IS is really stretching it.

I'm going to guess that Not!Tharja's reincarnation comment isn't meant to be taken seriously. I think she said it in such a way that you would to a lover without meaning it; like, "Even if death separates us, I will find you again one day." or something else like that.

If Kamui is an incarnation of Robin, then Robin must be dead. Not only must Robin be dead, but Robin must've been dead for about 15-20 years, as that is around Kamui's age. Then we have Luna (and the other awakening characters), who are around the same age as Kamui. See what I am getting at? Robin couldn't have possibly have been dead for 15-20 years at this point, the awakening characters only look slightly older than they do during the events in awakening. Unless Robin's soul is living in two different places at the same time or IS pulls even more time travel shenanigans it isn't possible. I mean, it is a game so anythings possible, but if Kamui is the reincarnation of Robin IS is really stretching it.

I'm going to guess that Not!Tharja's reincarnation comment isn't meant to be taken seriously. I think she said it in such a way that you would to a lover without meaning it; like, "Even if death separates us, I will find you again one day." or something else like that.

The thing is, Inigo Severa and Owain do not recognize the Robin amiibo (They have special lines of dialogues), they speak of him as if he was old memory and couldn't be here, so I'm not too sure they are from FE13 but rather from an alternate timeline like the Future of Despair's

The thing is, Inigo Severa and Owain do not recognize the Robin amiibo (They have special lines of dialogues), they speak of him as if he was old memory and couldn't be here, so I'm not too sure they are from FE13 but rather from an alternate timeline like the Future of Despair's

Ah I did forget about that little detail.

Anyway, even if it is the Robin from Future of Despair my point should still (hopefully?) stand. If I recall correctly Robin gains his senses temporarily in the 3rd chapter of Future of Despair, which means he still wasn't "dead" per se, and the Awakening characters were the same age as they were in the normal Awakening chapters, so my point still stands.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Kamui couldn't be Robin reincarnated, but if this is the case IS is going to have a very hard time making me buy it. (Not the game, but the fact that Kamui is Robin. I'm already sold on the game haha)

Edited by BluCommander

Ah I did forget about that little detail.

Anyway, even if it is the Robin from Future of Despair my point should still (hopefully?) stand. If I recall correctly Robin gains his senses temporarily in the 3rd chapter of Future of Despair, which means he still wasn't "dead" per se, and the Awakening characters were the same age as they were in the normal Awakening chapters, so my point still stands.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Kamui couldn't be Robin reincarnated, but if this is the case IS is going to have a very hard time making me buy it. (Not the game, but the fact that Kamui is Robin. I'm already sold on the game haha)

Oh, I'm not saying it's the Robin from that DLC, but that Inigo/Severa/Owain that are FE14 could be from a new timeline, where there was no despair at all.

Oh, I'm not saying it's the Robin from that DLC, but that Inigo/Severa/Owain that are FE14 could be from a new timeline, where there was no despair at all.

Yeah, I can't deny that. Damn you parallel universes and time travel! Throw all my logic out the window will ya!?!

Yeah, I can't deny that. Damn you parallel universes and time travel! Throw all my logic out the window will ya!?!

To be fair, Outrealm Gates seems to be the easy solution when writing gets lazy/too hard

I honestly don't know HOW I feel about this.

On one hand, a legit plot reason for clone characters?? Good shit, op. That is what I'm talking about. And Shara seems at least a bit better than Tharja.

On the other hand, I really wanted this to be a standalone game with no connection to Awakening. And seeing awakening leaning over? It's a kick in the teeth.

Then again, I think IS's problem is that it's trying to draw in a larger demographic, and like it or not, they succeeded with Awakening. The cold truth is that they simply do not give a shit about old fans of the series, they want to draw in a larger demographic and get more money. I actually like the content, but the reasoning makes me feel conflicted.

Created an account to say this, but there is a clear answer to this whole "reincarnation" thing.

The "reincarnated spirit" that Tharja/Shara is sensing isn't Robin or Mark or anything, it's the "Tactician's Spirit" that controls and guides each of these characters.

And that spirit is you, the player.

After all, what's the one thing each of these characters has in common?

They're all the self insert character.

Edited by yewchung

The problem is, this falls apart with the fact that it is a seperate world chronology makes less sense. Also, if anything they would be the versions who died in the future timeline who reincarnated, with Kamui being (Future Grima!Robin's reincarnation) But even that is so Fing stupid

I honestly don't know HOW I feel about this.

On one hand, a legit plot reason for clone characters?? Good shit, op. That is what I'm talking about. And Shara seems at least a bit better than Tharja.

On the other hand, I really wanted this to be a standalone game with no connection to Awakening. And seeing awakening leaning over? It's a kick in the teeth.

Then again, I think IS's problem is that it's trying to draw in a larger demographic, and like it or not, they succeeded with Awakening. The cold truth is that they simply do not give a shit about old fans of the series, they want to draw in a larger demographic and get more money. I actually like the content, but the reasoning makes me feel conflicted.

I know how I feel. The story is pretty much sunk from what it sounds like.

The gameplay better be top-notch or it's not particularly worth a purchase. I will say this point: Star Fox Adventures sold extremely well too. And look how that's remembered by most people; not fondly.

Awakening might have done well, but I'd have attributed that to advertising more than anything else. I actually SAW ads for that game. I don't think the dating sim elements were what made it sell as well, but IS disagrees, and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.

Not bothered by the FE13 throwbacks in the slightest.

I'm just mildly annoyed that every FE game does not take place in the same universe/world.

They talk about coming from the future, facing a dark dragon and even reference those conversation DLC chapters. It's clearly meant to be the same units from Awakening. Their reaction to Robin (recognizing his clothes, but not his face) is probably just a reference to how IS never gave him a canon design. They had to settle on the default design for Smash bros, but that conversation makes it clear that IS isn't going back in their word and making that the "canon" design.

They talk about coming from the future, facing a dark dragon and even reference those conversation DLC chapters. It's clearly meant to be the same units from Awakening. Their reaction to Robin (recognizing his clothes, but not his face) is probably just a reference to how IS never gave him a canon design. They had to settle on the default design for Smash bros, but that conversation makes it clear that IS isn't going back in their word and making that the "canon" design.

They do seem to recognize him though, suggesting that the Avatar they knew was male. And they also recognise that the Lucina they face isn't the Lucina they know, as she's far too happy. Really, it's quite infuriating.

Given the nature of parallel universes though, there's no telling which they're from.

They do seem to recognize him though, suggesting that the Avatar they knew was male. And they also recognise that the Lucina they face isn't the Lucina they know, as she's far too happy. Really, it's quite infuriating.

Given the nature of parallel universes though, there's no telling which they're from.

They don't recognize his face though, and say that wearing those clothes is misleading, while with Lucina they outright say that she's physically identical to their Lucina, but somehow know that it isn't her.

I don't think there's even any reference to Robin's gender in the original dialogue either (I guess you mean Luna's line?), the translation went for male likely because it makes the translated sentence flow better, but the Japanese wording doesn't mention a gender.

Edited by NeonZ

They don't recognize his face though, and say that wearing those clothes is misleading, while with Lucina they outright say that she's physically identical to their Lucina, but somehow know that it isn't her.

I don't think there's even any reference to Robin's gender in the original dialogue either (I guess you mean Luna's line?), the translation went for male likely because it makes the translated sentence flow better, but the Japanese wording doesn't mention a gender.

I think the implication with the amiibos are that they are Enijhalar, as they seem to act more like them than actual characters. Perhaps that's why the three reacted the way they did, they got the same sort of "not quite fully sentiant" vibe off of Amiibo Lucina?

Also, new head canon: Amiibos are actually just modern day Enijhalar cards, containing Enijhalar of Nintendo Characters.

I only glanced the conversations with Lucina do they suggest another version of her is in Fates?

They just seem to imply that they somehow know she isn't the same Lucina from their world. My theory is above.

Edited by TheWerdna

I will laugh my ass off if Tharja becomes a new recurring character like Anna but her gimmick being reincarnated and is fated to fall in love with the player character no matter what. At the very least fanfiction writers are gonna have a field day with it.