What are A+ Supports? (Spoilers)

BRSxIgnition

See Title.

We now know that there are two same-sex supports in Fire Emblem If/Fates, one for Nohr in the form of Zero, and one for Hoshido in the form of Shana. However these are S supports, and limited to the player avatar and these characters.

Also, as we already know from leaks and Nintendo themselves though, there are also A+ support levels between certain pairs of characters, all of which are the same gender.

Nintendo: "Fire Emblem Fates will feature an A+ ranking for characters of the same sex who form a strong bond."

Thing is, we cannot find any supports labeled A+ in the leaked text dump for the game, even though we've seen leaked screenshots showing the option.

At this point, I'd like to ask those who are brave enough to watch the streams for the game to keep an eye out for the A+ option in the support menus and to report any instance of it's use here. I'd also like to ask those who are brave and smart enough to decode and look through the text dump and audio dump of the game to report anything that may have to do with the A+ supports here.

Thank you all in advance for your help in figuring out the nature of this new support level.

Edited by BRSxIgnition

Stream watcher here.

There are no conversations associated with the A+ rank, it just unlocks some bonuses. The characters don't actually talk to each other. It's pretty lame actually.

Not entirely clear on what those gameplay bonuses actually are though.

Edit- Each character can only have one A+ support. I don't know if it locks out S supports on that character. Having an A+ support with a character doesn't automatically cause that other character to also have an A+ support rank. For example, Sakura can have an A+ support with Hana while Hana only has an A rank support with Sakura.

Edited by capmalachi

Stream watcher here.

There are no conversations associated with the A+ rank, it just unlocks some bonuses. The characters don't actually talk to each other. It's pretty lame actually.

Not entirely clear on what those gameplay bonuses actually are though.

That really sucks. I was so excited to get that extra support conversation.

If there are no support conversations for A+ supports then why are they so limited? You'd think every path that doesn't end in S would have one.

Edited by EJ107

If there are no support conversations for A+ supports then why are they so limited? You'd think every path that doesn't end in S would have one.

I think one of the bonuses you get by A+ ranking is to allow characters to share classes, so in the example from my last post Sakura could copy Hana's samurai class. If you could A+ with loads of people that'd be way overpowered.

Edited by capmalachi

I think one of the bonuses you get by A+ ranking is to allow characters to share classes, so in the example from my last post Sakura could copy Hana's samurai class. If you could A+ with loads of people that'd be way overpowered.

Camilla's A+ with Belka seems a bit pointless if this is the case.

That sounds like a good explanation. I definitely remember reading that there's a seal that lets you change to your spouses class. Though thinking about it, I'm assuming it doesn't work for Kamui's spouse. Maybe that's where A+ comes in.

Edited by EJ107

Camilla's A+ with Belka seems a bit pointless if this is the case.

Don't A+ rank them then :P Doesn't provide any more story anyway. Although there's always their reclass options to think about.

To be honest I don't really know much about how these seals are supposed to work.

As for platonic endings, I suppose it's not impossible that the A+ supports might be factored in to the endings to some degree. The stream I'm watching hasn't completed the game yet. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. They probably won't be true platonic paired endings though, since you may be able to have a character with both an A+ and an S rank support (unsure on this), plus there's the whole part where the partner doesn't automatically A+ as well.

Edited by capmalachi

I figured this was the case, as I could see no reference to them in the text dump files. I do think that's disappointing too.

As for platonic endings, I suppose it's not impossible that the A+ supports might be factored in to the endings to some degree. The stream I'm watching hasn't completed the game yet. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see anything that affected the endings as well.

Edited by Tryhard

Don't A+ rank them then :P Doesn't provide any more story anyway. Although there's always their reclass options to think about.

I meant because Camilla is already a promotion of Belka's class (or at least, I assume she is), so reclassing one to the other would be pointless.

Edited by EJ107

I meant because Camilla is already a promotion of Belka's class (or at least, I assume she is).

I know, my point was that just because Camilla has no use for Belka's base class, she might still get use out of her other class, whatever it might be, since each character in the game has two classes available. And there are presumably other bonuses to A+ ranking as well. So it's not like Camilla/Belka's A+ rank is completely pointless.

Doesn't matter though, I'd assume they can A+ for story reasons more than gameplay ones anyway.

Edited by capmalachi