Online multiplayer

Icy Toast

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you playing on Nohr or Hoshido route? That might factor into the discrepancy, potentially.

Hoshido, i'm still early game, before chapter 8. Since yareyare said you can make it so you can go against an equal team I was hoping that it would match me against someone... Though I don't know what options to change it from the default... if there is even a default.

Main menu

- Extra (エクストラ)

--- Link battle (通信対戦)

----- Local battle (ローカル対戦)

------- Host (通信相手を募集)

------- Join (募集に応じる)

----- Online battle (インターネット対戦)

------- Random standard battle (ランダム通常対戦)

--------- [Team selection]

------- Random limited battle (ランダム制限対戦) 

--------- [Team selection]

This would appear to be the option you want

------- Friend battle (フレンド対戦)

--------- [Your 3DS friend list]

----- Edit team (チーム編成)

------- Team A (チームA)

------- Team B (チームB)

------- Team C (チームC)

------- Team D (チームD)

------- Team E (チームE)

----- Empty blacklist (ブラックリスト消去)

Miscellaneous observations

- You can save up to 5 different teams

- Before the battle begins, both players will be able to see the total combat strength rating of the opposing player's units as well as the name of their opponent.

- In friend list battles (and presumably also in local battles), the host will be able to choose a map, configure handicaps, set starting positions to normal/random and choose the time limit per turn (3 / 5 / 10 minutes).

- In random online battles, only the map and the handicap setting can be configured,

Apparently the lower level player gets to choose this so you should have two options in random battle, map and the handicap... Could you take some pics or a video to show what you are doing?

- After each random online battle, the game asks you whether the opposing player should be blacklisted.

It's possible to make a team and play online at any point in the game, so if anyone wants to give it a try, feel free to use this topic to exchange friend codes! Mine is 3 3 0 8 - 5 5 7 9 - 7 6 3 6.EDIT: To make things easier, people interested in battling other SF users online might want to submit their friend code to the convenient spreadsheet Jedi and Elieson made for the My Castle topic!(Also, I'm not actually very far into the game myself, so I obviously don't have a battle-ready team yet at this point!)

Maybe try some of the people on the SF friends list if having no luck with randoms? Handicap is definitely in friend battles from what I understand. :o

yess finally got my internet to connect to my 3ds ><

my team is nowhere near done (I'm just casual playing my first time still), but would love to visit castles and battle or whatnot ! * U *

FC is 3840 - 8935 - 3999

Added you! Mine is 3 3 0 8 - 5 5 7 9 - 7 6 3 6. My team isn't done yet either, but feel free to send me a PM when you feel like trying a battle! (Or just add me for easy access to Toast Castle)

My friend and I each has a copy of FE:A, one is the UK version and the other is the US version and we can't Dual Battle due to region lock.

Does FE:F have region lock when it comes to multiplayer also? I suppose online battles aren't (hopefully), but what about local battles and most importantly, 3DS friend list battles?

As Vincent said we simply don't know this until the western version of the game is released. When the game shows your friend list for friend battles it also shows friends from different regions though, so it's entirely possible (but by no means guaranteed) that it will function across different regions.

Yeah reading the "A Guide to Understanding the Menus in Fire Emblem Fates"

I don't see any option to get matched up with a evenly leveled player... I did both the Random Normal & Random Limited battles and got matched up with people way higher level than I was...

The limited online battle feature should undo the effect of eternal seals, so I assume you won't encounter the "lv 35-45" teams you were describing earlier if you queue up for a limited battle. That being said, you could still find yourself pitted against 20/20 teams, so you might want to wait until you've finished the main game before you try random battles.

Apparently the lower level player gets to choose this so you should have two options in random battle, map and the handicap...

The thing about the lower level player choosing was my initial assumption, but I think that might have been incorect. I'm not sure how exactly this works though, and it's rather difficult to find out because (unlike in friend battles or local battles) there's no way to tell what a random opponent is seeing and doing. As a result, I'm not sure whether the handicap feature is only active if both players agree to it or if one player activating it is enough.

Not really sure about its effects either, so it might not be sufficient to off-set the difference between an early game team and a late game team. (It should be easy to find out by activating it in friend battles with uneven teams, but I personally just haven't tried it yet because I'm busy with the main game, and I haven't heard from anyone else who has.)

I would love to see more streams or videos of this mode. Anyone willing to try uploading some? Or know of a stream/channel with some videos of the pvp multiplayer? :D

I don't know of any. But I guess that's not too surprising considering that there's probably no more than a handful of people who own both the game and the tools to properly record footage from a 3DS.

So about the online multiplayer, I tested it on a hacked 3ds and is the team that you go against always random?

I tested it early on after I completed chapter 7, and I was level 6-10 with my units, and I went against a team of lv 35-45.....

So guessing if you want to do online you should always be near end game then?

If you can, could you describe the map you faced your opponent on, and how the turns work this time?

- Is it like chess where you only move 1 unit per player phase or can you move all your units during player phase (How fire Emblem is playing out now)

- In the initial deployment, are your units placed all over the place, or relatively close to each other?

The limited online battle feature should undo the effect of eternal seals, so I assume you won't encounter the "lv 35-45" teams you were describing earlier if you queue up for a limited battle. That being said, you could still find yourself pitted against 20/20 teams, so you might want to wait until you've finished the main game before you try random battles.

Ah... that's somewhat lame, was kind of hoping for like evenly matched battles where it didn't matter what level you were...

If you can, could you describe the map you faced your opponent on, and how the turns work this time?

- Is it like chess where you only move 1 unit per player phase or can you move all your units during player phase (How fire Emblem is playing out now)

- In the initial deployment, are your units placed all over the place, or relatively close to each other?

From the 2 battles that I just basically let myself die in, because everyone is too strong against my team.

It's like the game, turn based, one team is either blue (goes first) or red (goes second) and there is no initial deployment, though idk if there are any maps that have unit spots across the map, but most of the units are relatively nearby a few spaces away.

It plays out as if you were fighting a skirmish, where each player does their turn, attacks, heals, etc.

Turns are 5 minutes, so hopefully you don't get a troll who waits out each 5 minutes.

I wonder how much strategy will actually go into this. There's only 5 units per side and the map is just a my castle.

Are you talking about the My Castle battles? Cause you can choose different maps in the online multiplayer.

Edited by DualMix

Added you! Mine is 3 3 0 8 - 5 5 7 9 - 7 6 3 6. My team isn't done yet either, but feel free to send me a PM when you feel like trying a battle! (Or just add me for easy access to Toast Castle)

As Vincent said we simply don't know this until the western version of the game is released. When the game shows your friend list for friend battles it also shows friends from different regions though, so it's entirely possible (but by no means guaranteed) that it will function across different regions.

The thing about the lower level player choosing was my initial assumption, but I think that might have been incorect. I'm not sure how exactly this works though, and it's rather difficult to find out because (unlike in friend battles or local battles) there's no way to tell what a random opponent is seeing and doing. As a result, I'm not sure whether the handicap feature is only active if both players agree to it or if one player activating it is enough.

Not really sure about its effects either, so it might not be sufficient to off-set the difference between an early game team and a late game team. (It should be easy to find out by activating it in friend battles with uneven teams, but I personally just haven't tried it yet because I'm busy with the main game, and I haven't heard from anyone else who has.)

I don't know of any. But I guess that's not too surprising considering that there's probably no more than a handful of people who own both the game and the tools to properly record footage from a 3DS.

Thanks, added you back !! * U *

and awesome, I will probably battle you sometime haha but you'll probably wipe my team out ~ ; u ;

okay back to grindinggg

Sooooo... Linkmstr(check out his channel, its very cool and has all the Amiibo battles too!) was cool enough to upload some videos showing some more of the online matches on his YouTube channel after I requested if he could show some.

Very interesting...

http://youtu.be/afTrIemH4fw

...and it looks like the stats should be at least a bit more balanced with handicap on for you Xanek, even if they are many levels higher. You will still have to deal with their skills and likely better inventory though?

I know that there is a skill that affects puppets, and all damage and statuses affect both puppet and user... But dang, Copycat still seems a bit broken as seen if all five have the skill... Effectively doubles your units! 0:

this shows how hoshido is more op online then nohr they better nerf it

Hoshidans (those who play Birthright) can grind more freely and more effectively than the Nohrians (those who play Conquest). The Toumas (those who play Invisible Kingdom) are also going to come along and begin curbstomping the Hoshidans and Nohrians since they can grind just like the Hoshidans and have access to nearly every single character in the game. You can make rules, but if you don't then you'd best pray that you run into someone you can handle.

Sooooo... Linkmstr(check out his channel, its very cool and has all the Amiibo battles too!) was cool enough to upload some videos showing some more of the online matches on his YouTube channel after I requested if he could show some.

Very interesting...

http://youtu.be/afTrIemH4fw

...and it looks like the stats should be at least a bit more balanced with handicap on for you Xanek, even if they are many levels higher. You will still have to deal with their skills and likely better inventory though?

I know that there is a skill that affects puppets, and all damage and statuses affect both puppet and user... But dang, Copycat still seems a bit broken as seen if all five have the skill... Effectively doubles your units! 0:

Wait, you can have five clones on the map at once?! I thought you could only have one clone per map?

Yep, Copycat is most definitely a broken skill. Looks like Puppet Breaker + Copycat is necessary...

Wait, you can have five clones on the map at once?! I thought you could only have one clone per map?

Yep, Copycat is most definitely a broken skill. Looks like Puppet Breaker + Copycat is necessary...

I think it's that each individual character can only have one clone.

I think it's that each individual character can only have one clone.

Yep, knowing this, I predict top tier players of this metagame will all have Copycat slapped on most of their units. Strength in numbers right?

I honestly see staff wielding units being very valuable. That Baton that reduces max HP is insane. I think White Blood will be the superior class over Dark Blood (even though Dark Blood is cooler-looking).

Time to make a team with Puppet Break and Copycat on every Unit!

Also, how does one exactly streetpass himself should he be interested in buying skills? I think through this method, it's possible to get any skill you want on any unit.

Edited by Leif

Also, how does one exactly streetpass himself should he be interested in buying skills? I think through this method, it's possible to get any skill you want on any unit.

In Awakening, you needed a cartridge and two or more 3DS systems. Save your Streetpass team and file on all 3DS systems. Wait for Streetpass to activate and bam, you're done.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Question about the 5 teams

1.Are there 5 teams total, or 5 per route of the game?

2.Does it force kamui onto the roster or can you remove him?

I hope the community can somehow agree to ban royalty or limit 1 royalty per team

I think fighting the hoshido or nohr royals will get very boring very fast

Question about the 5 teams

1.Are there 5 teams total, or 5 per route of the game?

2.Does it force kamui onto the roster or can you remove him?

I hope the community can somehow agree to ban royalty or limit 1 royalty per team

I think fighting the hoshido or nohr royals will get very boring very fast

Even though I don't have the game, I think I can answer your questions based on my research of the game.

1.) I think there are 5 teams total...

2.) From what I have seen, it does look like Kamui is forced. Why wouldn't you want Kamui? He/She is the strongest unit in the game when they get the Final Yatogami from the Invisible route. A +4 bonus to strength, speed, defense and resistance? Sign me up!

Unlike Awakening, where Morgan was the strongest unit (when you factor level-grinding of course), Kamui overshadows Kanna due to having more class options and better stats when the Final Yato is in their inventory. A +11 speed modifier Kanna cannot double attack a +4 speed asset Kamui when equipped with the Final Yato. The Final Yato, if I'm not mistaken, gives a +5 bonus to speed since it's technically a Katana. Katanas always give a +1 boost to speed with the -1 defense and resistance drawback. So in total, the Final Yato gives +4 strength, +5 speed, and +3 to defense and resistance (unless, of course, the Final Yato is an exception to this rule). Looks pretty swell to me.

Edited by Leif

Why wouldn't you want Kamui?

Because there's people who wants to use characters they like instead of just op characters. I want FKanna in my team but not MKamui, so if this is trully how it works they are forcing me to choose between using FKamui or FKanna and derp customization MKamui...

• 3 months later...