Cipher Series 1 Card Translations

aubergine

I was finally able to finish translation work on all 120 known Series 1 Cipher cards. I have divided the series into easier to handle chunks below; the complete google doc is still available for referencing as well. Please let me know if you spot any errors, or things that you think might could be worded or handled better. This is a tentative work and I greatly appreciate any feedback or criticisms you might have with it, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think! This project needs some fresh eyes, so I apologize in advance for how raw it is.

As always, I will continue to endeavor on making the translations better as well as improving the organization and usability of this compendium!

Series 1 Starter Deck Exclusives

Series 1 Promo Cards

Series 1 Booster Cards

-Shadow Dragon #001-050

-Awakening #051-100

Series 1 Complete Compendium

Promo Card #008

Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Insignia: Shadow Dragon

Affinities: Female / Lance / Flying / Mount

Quote: “Hmm, maybe it’s ok to indulge a bit from time to time.”

Skill 1: “Winds of Macedon / ∞ / If there are two or more flying-affinity units on your battlefield, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: “Flyer’s Emblem” / Attack ♥ / You may choose one ally that is not an attacking unit and move it.

Attack Power: 30

Support Attack Power: 30

Range: 1

Class: Pegasus Knight

Title: Princess of Macedon

Card ID: P01-008PR

Illustrator: Mayo

Her cost is 1, not 2. I'll check the rest later, but from what I saw of the promos and the starter deck cards, that is the only mistake I caught. And I do assume that it's super cool to use these translations for the wiki?

Promo Card #008

Insignia: Shadow Dragon

Affinities: Female / Lance / Flying / Mount

Quote: “Hmm, maybe it’s ok to indulge a bit from time to time.”

Skill 1: “Winds of Macedon / ∞ / If there are two or more flying-affinity units on your battlefield, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Support Skill: “Flyer’s Emblem” / Attack ♥ / You may choose one ally that is not an attacking unit and move it.

Support Attack Power: 30

Class: Pegasus Knight

Title: Princess of Macedon

Card ID: P01-008PR

Illustrator: Mayo

Her cost is 1, not 2. I'll check the rest later, but from what I saw of the promos and the starter deck cards, that is the only mistake I caught. And I do assume that it's super cool to use these translations for the wiki?

Thanks much for the catch, I'll update that.

Most certainly, these translations are free to use for the wiki. In fact, this project was started for the use of yall's wiki! I appreciate you asking, though. ^^

I went through the Awakening cards and here is what I caught:

Amnesia-stricken Tactician, Robin♀ – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #058

Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Insignia: Awakening

Affinities: Female / Tome

Quote: “I hope more comes back to me in the days to come…”

Skill 1: “Tactical Talents” / ∞ / If you have less bonds than your opponent, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Support Skill: “Strategist’s Emblem” / Attack ♥ / When your attacking unit has the Awakening Insignia, then you may choose one enemy unit that is not the defending unit and move it.

Support Attack Power: 20

Range: 1-2

Class: Tactician

Title: Amnesia-stricken Tactician

Card ID: B01-058N

Illustrator: BISAI

Duke of Rosanne, Virion – Rarity: Uncommon / Series 1 Booster Card #062

Cost: / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Male / Bow

Quote: “I have concealed my nobleness behind this secret identity…”

Skill 1: CCS “Expert Marksmanship” / ∞ / For each ally bow affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: “Clearing the Skies” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a Flying affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 30.

Support Skill: N/A

Attack Power: 50

Range: 2

Class: Sniper

Title: Duke of Rosanne

Card ID: B01-062HN

Good-natured Azure Knight, Stahl – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #067

Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost:

Affinities: Male / Sword / Mount

Quote: “I was so hungry I had to rush out, unkempt hair and all!”

Skill 1: “Bonds of Azure and Scarlet” / ∞ / When this unit is supported by “Sully”, this unit’s attack is increased by 30.

Support Skill: “Fighter’s Emblem” / Attack ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Attack Power: 40

Support Attack Power: 10

Class: Cavalier

Title: Good-natured Azure Knight

Card ID: B01-067N

Illustrator: Ariko

Thief with a Sweet-tooth, Gaius – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #074

Affinities: Male / Sword

Quote: “Fine, consider it done. Now…about those sweets…”

Skill 1: “Locktouch” / α / [Tap this unit] Reveal the top card of your opponent’s deck. If that card’s placement cost is 3 or higher and you flip one bond, you may then draw a card from your deck.

Support Skill: “Thief’s Emblem” / Attack ♥ / Reveal the top card of your opponent’s deck. You may then place that card in their discard pile.

Class: Thief

Title: Thief with a Sweet-tooth

Card ID: B01-074N

Illustrator: Okuma Yugo

Tomboyish Manakete, Nowi – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #079

Affinities: Female / Stone / Dragon

Quote: “Chrom helped me before, but this time it's my turn to help.”

Skill 1: “Ancient Dragon Tribe” / ∞ / If there are 4 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this unit's attack increases by 30.

Skill 2: “Odd Rhythm” / ∞ / When you have an odd number of Bonds, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Support Skill: “Dragon-kin Emblem” / Attack ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Awakening insignia, then you may choose one card from your hand and put it in your Bond Area.

Attack Power: 20

Class: Manakete

Title: Tomboyish Manakete

Card ID: B01-079N

Illustrator: Pisuke

Demure Dancer, Olivia – Rarity: Rare / Series 1 Booster Card #083

Affinities: Female / Sword

Quote: “H-how embarrassing…”

Skill 1: “Dance” / α / [Tap this card, Flip 2 Bonds] During this turn choose an ally that has attacked and return it to the pre-action state.

Attack Power: 20

Class: Dancer

Title: Demure Dancer

Card ID: B01-083R

Illustrator: Masatsugu Saito

Child from Another Time, Morgan♂ – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #088

Affinities: Male / Tome

Quote: “I came from…the future…? That's not possible, humans can't travel across time.”

Skill 1: “Genealogy of the Tactician” / & / [Flip 2 Bonds] After this unit has been deployed, if you have less orbs than your opponent and you pay the cost, add the top card of your deck to your Orb Area. This is not cannot be used unless a “Robin♀” is deployed.

Attack Power: 40

Class: Tactician

Title: Child from Another Time

Card ID: B01-088N

Illustrator: Yoko Maturica

I took the liberty of putting what the words (or additions) need to be in bold. This next one is more of a cultural issue than anything else, however:

Princess of Ylisse, Lissa – Rarity: Rare / Series 1 Booster Card #059

Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Female / Axe

Quote: “I…I won?”

Skill 1: CCS “Maiden Blade” / & / After this unit destroys an enemy as a result of battle, choose one unit with deployment cost 3 or less except “Lissa” from your discard pile and add it to your hand.

Attack Power: 60

Class: War Cleric

Title: Princess of Ylisse

Card ID: B01-059R

Illustrator: 40hara

I'm sure "virgin" is the more accurate direct translation here, but in context, I'm sure what it's going for is something like "innocent female" and I feel "maiden" is a more accurate term to use.

Thanks FutureKnightX!

I've fixed these as well as a couple other errors I caught sight of while making these fixes.

You may have already seen my direct reply on the google doc itself, but I'll go ahead and post it here too just in case. In regards to the "Virgin Blade" skill name for that Lissa card: The reason I used 'Virgin' here was to further imply a connotation that the original Japanese card has which is hinting at the fact Lissa had never wielded a weapon before. The blade as well as herself were both virgins to taking people's lives, which is something I don't think Maiden quite covers. I might have taken a bit too much liberty though. The literal Japanese translation of the skill name is "Nun Who Fights", so "Maiden Fighter" is something that could close the gap between the two extremes perhaps. Maiden still carries the connotation of something just starting (a la Maiden Voyage) and Fighter sounds better as it is more technically correct than "Blade". What do you think?

Edited by aubergine

I think "Maiden Who Fights" is a decent compromise. . .since "maiden" can refer to both purity (sexual or otherwise) and young women.

Yeah, that's why I picked "maiden", since it also gives off a sense of innocence and purity while avoiding sexual connotations.

And I just realized something when going through and editing that Google Document. I didn't think my suggestions were sent! XD Aubergine knows my real name lol. Well, I suppose it is fair since I know his due to that document, as well. Good luck Googling it! I don't even appear on the first page! XD

I was finally able to finish translation work on all 120 known Series 1 Cipher cards. I have divided the series into easier to handle chunks below; the complete google doc is still available for referencing as well. Please let me know if you spot any errors, or things that you think might could be worded or handled better. This is a tentative work and I greatly appreciate any feedback or criticisms you might have with it, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think! This project needs some fresh eyes, so I apologize in advance for how raw it is.

As always, I will continue to endeavor on making the translations better as well as improving the organization and usability of this compendium!

Series 1 Starter Deck Exclusives

Series 1 Promo Cards

Series 1 Booster Cards

-Shadow Dragon #001-050

-Awakening #051-100

Series 1 Complete Compendium

Would you mind if i use your work to translate the game also to spanish? Obviously I'd say you are the one that translated it to english

Edited by daniel237157

Hi, I admin the Cipher Foreign Community Facebook group. Would you be okay with me posting these translations on that group page?

Would you mind if i use your work to translate the game also to spanish? Obviously I'd say you are the one that translated it to english

Yes to both of these, I appreciate you guys taking interest in further spreading this to other communities!

Sorry I'm just now getting back to yall. I'm on a business trip and have been really busy lately.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know where I can find a Google Doc or PDF compendium of the Series 2 cards? Or do I have to refer to the Wiki?

Thanks in advance!

Here you go, translated by aubergine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uG_8JvoLA5scv_JvhnCK5gT5gSWIdLJqXOAk40UxmHY/

There's also a different one:

Birthright: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N...

Conquest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V...