Have we figured out the way seals work?

warmachinae

If I understand how they work, masterseals are pretty much the same, however second seals no longer reset your level (You will stay at the same level you were before reclassing). Very much like for Awakening, except you can't grindfest as you could do.

If I understand how they work, masterseals are pretty much the same, however second seals no longer reset your level (You will stay at the same level you were before reclassing). Very much like for Awakening, except you can't grindfest as you could do.

Do you gain the skills from the reclass, or no info on that yet?

Do you gain the skills from the reclass, or no info on that yet?

I don't remember reading anything about this, I think not but I could be wrong.

It looks like there's a Buddy Seal for A+ (A only for Kamui) supports and a Marriage Seal for S supports. These let you reclass to the partner's class. Once you're past the required level, you learn a skill every level up. Parallel Seal gives you a few choices rather than becoming the partner's class.

edit: The part I couldn't quite understand was the bit about promoted classes can learn unpromoted classes' skills. Do they assume you went through the same promotion path as your partnet and give you those skills too?

Edited by Cyblaster

A bit more fleshed out here:

1) In addition to Master Seals, there are Parallel Seals. These let you switch to a new class, but at the same level you already were.

2) When you switch to a new class, you automatically gain any skills that you "missed" on your next level up, with one skill gained per level. The example given is Silas class changing to Mercenary at lv. 15. At lv. 16, he gets the Default Mercenary skill. At lv. 17, he gets the lv. 10 Mercenary skill. You CAN learn base class skills while in a promoted class.

3) When two units have an S support, they can use "Marriage Proofs" to re-class into their spouse's base class.

4) When two units have an A+ support (each character can only have one), they can use "Buddy Proofs" to re-class into their buddy's base class.

5) Since the main character can't get A+ supports, he/she can use the Buddy Proof to class change into the base class of ANY character that he/she has an A support with.

3) When two units have an S support, they can use "Marriage Proofs" to re-class into their spouse's base class.

4) When two units have an A+ support (each character can only have one), they can use "Buddy Proofs" to re-class into their buddy's base class.

5) Since the main character can't get A+ supports, he/she can use the Buddy Proof to class change into the base class of ANY character that he/she has an A support with.

I'm assuming this only works for some classes? I can't see Kamui's spouse suddenly being able to use Dragonstones or Nishiki/Flannel's wives taking their classes. Not sure about Aqua giving Songstress to her husband either.

Edited by EJ107

I'm assuming this only works for some classes? I can't see Kamui's spouse suddenly being able to use Dragonstones or Nishiki/Flannel's wives taking their classes. Not sure about Aqua giving Songstress to her husband either.

She might be able to, we don't know if there isn't a male equivalent yet.

Though you're probably right about Kamui, you probably just give them your other class.

A bit more fleshed out here:

1) In addition to Master Seals, there are Parallel Seals. These let you switch to a new class, but at the same level you already were.

2) When you switch to a new class, you automatically gain any skills that you "missed" on your next level up, with one skill gained per level. The example given is Silas class changing to Mercenary at lv. 15. At lv. 16, he gets the Default Mercenary skill. At lv. 17, he gets the lv. 10 Mercenary skill. You CAN learn base class skills while in a promoted class.

Ohhhh. Well, this is kinda worse than awakening. Awakening made you work for it, but this just says, "Whatever, take everything and make an overpowered unit."

Ohhhh. Well, this is kinda worse than awakening. Awakening made you work for it, but this just says, "Whatever, take everything and make an overpowered unit."

Well with no infinite leveling, it would be kind of hard to make the old system work. I don't think it's that bad provided the secondary seals are pretty rare. And since it's limited leveling you can literally only get so many skills. IMO this is a fair alternative to awakening that limits your unit.

I don't see it that way. You can't reduce your level at all, so they needed a way to get you your new skills quickly and efficiently. Awakening's method not only gave you the skills but plenty of level ups resulting in huge stats. Fates won't have such huge stat caps or give you the ability to cap every stats.

So just to be clear, once you are max level there is no way to learn anymore skills if you reclass, since you can't gain anymore levels? If so, its going to require a lot more careful planning on gaining levels and when to restrict getting exp.....interesting dynamic, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it.

So just to be clear, once you are max level there is no way to learn anymore skills if you reclass, since you can't gain anymore levels? If so, its going to require a lot more careful planning on gaining levels and when to restrict getting exp.....interesting dynamic, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it.

Theoretically thats what eternal seals are for. They raise max level by 5, but are expensive. If I remember right from seeing them they cost 12000 G while regular seals only cost 2000. As far as I know there is no limit on using eternal seals.

Oh no, we can't grind anymore!

I bet units' stats can still be increased with stat boosters though, and those are bound to be available in infinite amounts.

Oh no, we can't grind anymore!

I bet units' stats can still be increased with stat boosters though, and those are bound to be available in infinite amounts.

I agree.I am assuming it may be like FE 8 where post game you can buy infinite stat boosters.(If you have the cash and most likely we will get Golden Gaffe V 2.0)

Anyone able to help me with these questions? : o

1. Can you get a S Rank support and A+ Rank support or it just one or the other?

2. When using a Marriage/Buddy Seal, which exact class do you gain? The other character's base class or current class?

3. Has anyone tested by marrying/buddying up with Azura or the Avatar to see if their classes can be inherited?

The new system seems way better than Awakening's but I hate this 5th point with a passion. This and Eternal Seals.

Edited by BaKaDaNaa

The new system seems way better than Awakening's but I hate this 5th point with a passion. This and Eternal Seals.

Eternal Seal I find okay since it's costly (at 12000 gold it's the most expensive item I've seen) and apparently money isn't that easy to find. Besides, it will likely have some sort of limit on how many of them 1 character can have, and even if there's no such limit, exp gains should get ridiculously small with no level reset.

Kamui being able to use Buddy Seal on any A rank support partner is pure stupidity though. There was no good reason to make that easier to use for him than other characters, when he can already get any 1 class as reclass option anyways. (unless there're limitations I don't know about)

It would have been plenty enough to limit him to Marriage Seal. Or if that's too limiting to the glorious avatar, give him his own same gender A+ supports...