Marx Discussion Topic

CatskillEagle

Hello friends,

I know there is a lot of interest in Marx/Xander, the elder prince of Nohr. So here would be the discussion where we can all come together, speculate, share information (like sweet damn where are those S-supports), and just generally enjoy and reveal in all things Marxist. :P

First order of the thread: do we have any S-support translations? Or an amie video list?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Nohr siblings I was having real difficulty deciding between him and Leon (as the polls have shown in one of the Nohr streams). After Leon was...a bit of a disappointment in a few regards, I'm still waiting for the jury to be out on Marx's dialogue. To answer the OP's question, I haven't seen any sort of supports stuff, only the amie dialogue text and audio.

He's still the most handsome fella in the whole game. I really like what I saw of him in the Tree House Nohr route gameplay, too. He's a great big bro.

Basically this. ^ :] He's also my favorite character in the whole game from what I've seen of him so far.

My only complain about him... is his name change, which isn't his fault by any mean though.

He's my favorite possibility for romance but until I see all of his supports and make sure he isn't too sibling-like with Kamui, I'm not gonna plan to tie the knot.

Though going by that S-Rank you so graciously translated (thank you!!!) I'm feeling hopeful!!

I think it's that wonderful hair and uptight ruler with a heart o gold personality that sucks me in :wub:

MARX AND FEMALE KAMUI'S S-SUPPORT.

AWFUL ROUGH TRANSLATION DONE BY MYSELF.

S-Support

Marx: Kamui, you're here.

Kamui: Whatโ€™s the matter? Do you need to talk?

Marx: Yes. What am I to you? As a person.

Kamui: Huh?

Marx: This seems suddenโ€ฆ But can you give me an answer?

Kamui: What, why?

Marx: I need an answer.

Kamui: For me, Marx was the one to teach me courage and swordplayโ€ฆ and instilled in me the desire to be strong. And when I found out that we are not connected by bloodโ€ฆ Honestly, I was devastated. I was proud to think we had the same blood in our veins.

Marx: Oh, is that so? Honestly, this gives me peace of mind.

Kamui: Peace of mind?

Marx: I think the opposite from you. I am glad we are not related by blood.

Kamui: Why?!

Marx: Donโ€™t misunderstand me. I donโ€™t mean it as a bad thing.

Kamui: So what do you mean thenโ€ฆ

Marx: You said that I taught you courage and swordplay, and so I have. But nowโ€ฆ I want to you to know how I love you [literally โ€œI want to teach you loveโ€]. Please, take this from me.

Kamui: Thisโ€ฆ What is this ring?

Marx: Will you not marry me?

Kamui: Marriage ... ! ? But , such a โ€ฆ

Marx: Iโ€™m serious. As long as I live, I want to protect you. No longer as my sister. I want to have you as a womanโ€ฆ by my side

Kamui: Thank you. No amount of wordsโ€ฆ can express how happy I am.

Marx: Soโ€ฆ?

Kamui: But it will surely surprise everyone. What if they oppose usโ€ฆ?

Marx: Donโ€™t worry about it. Everyone will give their blessings. Itโ€™s not just good for usโ€ฆ It is good for everyone. It will bring peace between our countries. Thatโ€™s what I think.

Kamui: Marx-nii-sanโ€ฆ

Marx: We should stop thinking like that. Itโ€™ll be slowโ€ฆ but you can start by stop calling me brother. [Of course, we will always still fight togetherโ€ฆ ACTUALLY I really have no idea what he means here].

Kamui: Hahahaโ€ฆ yeah!!

that's so sweet :wub:

Thanks so much for the translation! Tbh, I have to say, I feel like both Leon and Marx got a little shafted on the S-supports. I read Ryoma's S-support on a blog, and I was amazed by how good it was. Like, WOW it was good. Not saying that Marx's isn't good, I just feel like it was a little bit...abrupt? Or is that just me?

Is this a thread where we talk about Communism?

Seriously though, I prefer Marx than Xander

Comrade Marx shall liberate the Hoshido proletariat from their oppressive overlords.

Oh Lord, this post and that avatar makes me laugh harder than I should.

Marx is pretty cool.

I would like to have my avatar marry him after I marry Leon and Inigo (again).

He is truly how a prideful royal character should be. :wub:

Is this a thread where we talk about Communism?

Seriously though, I prefer Marx than Xander

Oh Lord, this post and that avatar makes me laugh harder than I should.

Glad to be of service.

I like Marx because he is hot, but mostly because he reminds me of Camus, Eltoshan, Percy...

I hope he is a good character... I remember when there was the first trailer, I thought he was the 2nd most important character after Aqua.

One thing is sure though, he gave me the feels before even playing the game. Granted they were feels worthy of internet sob comics but it's still something.

Is it possible for him to be Kanna's father? If so, is there any support convos between them?

It should be perfectly possible if you do Femui/Marx, but I haven't seen any support convos for Kanna yet, so you'll have to wait for some more time.

When I saw the first trailer, I was ninety percent sure Marx was the main lord in this game. HE HAS THE LOOK.

B-but... he is a blonde Paladin with a dark colored armor and a dark sword... and he also works for the badguys... first time I saw him I thought "Camus"!

B-but... he is a blonde Paladin with a dark colored armor and a dark sword... and he also works for the badguys... first time I saw him I thought "Camus"!

But he has such a lordly countenance. The bearing of a king. :p

And Nohr aren't bad guys! GLORY BE TO NOHR.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

But he has such a lordly countenance. The bearing of a king. :p

And Nohr aren't bad guys! GLORY BE TO NOHR.

I wasn't serious when I said badguys XD

But, you know, Camus, Eltoshan and Percival all have a lordly countenance and are all extremely charming.

Maybe I'm really deep into the FE archetypes, wahahah!

As anyone on Maurice's Nohr stream would know, I love love love Marx. (Aznanniec on Twitch!)

He's like tiramisu: a little bit bitter and standoffish from the espresso (since he is a little bit stuffy), but so sweet and velvety that you're constantly craving more. :wub:

He's been looking out for you from the beginning and asks for nothing in return. He risks his life (and title as crown prince) to protect you from Garon. Heck, he even taught you how to fight. He just wants to make sure that you're safe and happy and would give just about anything for you. I couldn't ask for a better husbando.