Marx Discussion Topic

CatskillEagle

He's like tiramisu: a little bit bitter and standoffish from the espresso (since he is a little bit stuffy), but so sweet and velvety that you're constantly craving more. :wub:

That's a really cute analogy lol.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Jason Griffith is voicing Xander? I'm hearing Shadow in his "there is only one punishment. The sentence is death" line in the E3 trailer.

I haven't watched the trailer for some time, but I'm 99% sure that was Leon speaking, not Marx.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Also, for the fanservice DLC:

DAAAAYYYYAANNNNGGGG BAE ;): Lol sorry that's all I had to contribute. Is that a Lilith beach inflatable? I want one!

Aw, man, you're fast! I was just about to post our favorite Nohrian prince.

Haha, that inflatable is cute!

He doesn't have nipples. :(

I really think it is silly how Japan loves to make males nippleless in anime/games.

They do it with Free! and Uta no Prince-sama. I want to see my handsome cartoon men with nipples. :<

Ohh! A Marx discussion! I've never been this much into a fictional character!

I totally agree that Marx is totally better than Xander.. Kinda bummed when I learned of his english name..

dunno if this has been posted anywhere yet but for those who want to see/hear Marx face-rubbing interaction...

Comrade Marx shares the nipples of the oppressed Proletariat. In the glorious Communist utopia Comrade Marx seeks, everyone will share all nipples.

That...wow. Beautiful.

Nipples or no nipples he's the hottest thing I've seen since Chrom and Gaius's Summer Scramble. (I don't get out much)

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

New translations! CatskillEagle and I (pretty roughly) translated the supports between Kanna and Marx if Marx is the dad (marries Kamui), C, B and A.

C-Support:

Kanna: Hey dad, can I ask you something?

Marx: Hi, Kanna. What is it?

Kanna: I’m done with being a child. I’m embarrassed that mother handles things for me so much.

Marx: Of course she does. You’re our baby.

Kanna: Not so! I’m not a baby any longer. Since I grew up I’ve become just as capable as Mother, but whenever I try to help she always tell me, “No, Kanna, run along and play…”

Marx: So, in short, you want to not be so dependent on Mom?

Kanna: Yes! I want to do something for mom. I wonder what I can do to make her happy.

Marx: Hmm. Yeah…

Kanna: What do you do to make her happy?

Marx: Um… I guess in my case… Huh. I spend a lot of time practicing my swordplay, which she tells me she likes very much.

Kanna: Well. Is she happy?

Marx: Yes. We’re always happy.

Kanna: So, I need to do that.

Marx: No, Kanna. All I meant was just that it was likely…

Kanna: But you said it was the thing that pleased her the most?

Marx: Um…? Yes, I would say she’s pleased with me.

Kanna: Okay! Dad, let’s have a competition.

Marx: A competition…?

Kanna: Yes! Me versus Dad, fighting for Mom’s favor. Perhaps I will win! Oh, it's so! Dad, why not try to compete with me?

Marx: That’s the game…?

Kanna: Yup! Me and dad, competing to please Mom. The one who gets the most “thanks” from mom will be the one to win.

Marx: Huh. I’m intrigued. I’ll fight you, Kanna.

Kanna: Really! Yay!

Marx: But, remember, I’m her husband. Of course I want her to see me win. Even if my opponent is my own son. I’m not going to go easy on you, Kanna.

Kanna: Sounds fair and square to me!

Marx: Alright. I’ll see you then, Kanna.

Edited by scarlett_94

B-Support

Kanna: Hey, dad. During that game… Mom paid you a lot more compliments than me.

Marx: It’s not the end of the world. You weren’t exceptional but mother did have a lot of praise to say about you.

Kanna: …

Marx: Look, I wrote down every time she paid me a compliment. Suppose we counted.

Kanna: Wow, that IS a lot! Just the same as always. Aren’t you pleased?

Marx: Hmm. Yes, it is something that is said surprisingly often when I counted but I was not aware of it until now. Hehe… I don’t feel I’m doing too bad.

Kanna: But---you haven’t defeated me! Guess what, I also counted! Here’s my total.

Marx: What?! It’s also the same number and…

Kanna: Oh, it’s true! I’ll overtake you surely. Today I helped mom the entire day.

Marx: I doubt it. In what way did you help mom?

Kanna: Well, this morning I took the mattress out to clean and dry it. Then, I made lunch using mother’s vegetables, putting them over rice. In the evening, I made sure I took a bath and was nice and clean!

Marx: Was Mom happy?

Kanna: Yes! She gave me a big thank-you.

Marx: Hahaha, that is good. I hadn’t noticed how much my son Kanna has grown…

Kanna: Huh?

Marx: Today, I did notice how lunch was prepared and the house was looking cleaner. You’re not acting like a child anymore… It’s strange, seeing how fast you have grown up.

Kanna: Ahahaha! I was practicing a lot. I could go right back to being immature.

Marx: Or that. But I am very proud of the effort you are making.

Kanna: Ha, thanks! So, I think we need to recalculate our score. It seems that I have pulled ahead of you, father!

Marx: Oh dear… Is this becoming a thing with you now? I don’t know how I feel about this.

Kanna: Hehehehe… Well, I’ll be around to help tomorrow, and I won’t lose to you!

(Kanna leaves)

Marx: Er… He is a more formidable opponent than I thought. Watch out, Kanna!

A-Support:

Kanna: (agitated) Sigh..

Marx: What’s wrong, Kanna?

Kanna: (normal) Oh, dad...

Marx: (agitated) Was that a sour face? Winning the game with me the other day wasn’t enough to improve your mood?

Kanna: (frown) You know, today I had to help Mom. [something to the effect of Mom once again treating Kanna like a baby].

Marx: (smiling) I see. That sort of thing. You don’t have to be sad about it. It’s not your fault.

Kanna: (normal) I want to help Mother, not act like a spoiled child.

Marx: (normal) That’s not the case. Kamui...is afraid of being alone.

Kanna: (frown) She’s afraid of being alone?

Marx: That’s correct. Parents are selfish. I feel that loneliness too, in addition to happiness that my child is growing up and is no longer dependent on me.

Kanna: (agitated) Well, that makes things hard for me...

Marx: (smiling) ...You would know if you were a parent. Kanna, how about this? First, continue to help out for now on. On top of that, I dare ask that you sleep with Mom some night. That way, Kamui will surely be happy.

Kanna: (frowning) But...

Marx: (agitated) What? Do you not want to sleep with Kamui?

Kanna: (agitated) No! That’s not true! Only when I go to bed with Mom, I will not change into the role of being a spoiled child.

Marx: (smiling, laughing) Ha, I see. Should you not mind that? You can because you’re our child.

Kanna: Dad…

Marx: Every day you are wonderfully growing into adulthood. So, it’s about the right time to act like a little fawn for a while.

Kanna: (smiling) Yeah...Thanks, dad! I’ll do that.

Marx: (smiling) Well then, tonight you’re going to tell Mom you want to sleep with her.

Kanna: (mischieviously) Hey! If that’s the case, you have to sleep together with us too!

Marx: (confused) What?! Me, why....

Kanna: (smiling) Because Mother should not only want to spoil me, but you too, Father! Won’t our family go to sleep together? Is that not allowed?

Marx: No, it’s fine, if you want I guess I can’t say no. Well then, let’s tell Kamui together.

Kanna: Yay, hooray!

Marx: ...Sigh. Someday I too will grow, to become King...and I can’t refuse the wishes of my own child. This interesting thing called children, and this strange thing called their parents...

A-Support:

Kanna: (agitated) Sigh..[/size]

Marx: What’s wrong, Kanna?[/size]

Kanna: (normal) Oh, dad...[/size]

Marx: (agitated) Was that a sour face? Winning the game with me the other day wasn’t enough to improve your mood? [/size]

Kanna: (frown) You know, today I had to help Mom. [something to the effect of Mom once again treating Kanna like a baby]. [/size]

Marx: (smiling) I see. That sort of thing. You don’t have to be sad about it. It’s not your fault. [/size]

Kanna: (normal) I want to help Mother, not act like a spoiled child. [/size]

Marx: (normal) That’s not the case. Kamui...is afraid of being alone. [/size]

Kanna: (frown) She’s afraid of being alone? [/size]

Marx: That’s correct. Parents are selfish. I feel that loneliness too, in addition to happiness that my child is growing up and is no longer dependent on me. [/size]

Kanna: (agitated) Well, that makes things hard for me... [/size]

Marx: (smiling) ...You would know if you were a parent. Kanna, how about this? First, continue to help out for now on. On top of that, I dare ask that you sleep with Mom some night. That way, Kamui will surely be happy. [/size]

Kanna: (frowning) But...[/size]

Marx: (agitated) What? Do you not want to sleep with Kamui? [/size]

Kanna: (agitated) No! That’s not true! Only when I go to bed with Mom, I will not change into the role of being a spoiled child. [/size]

Marx: (smiling, laughing) Ha, I see. Should you not mind that? You can because you’re our child. [/size]

Kanna: Dad…[/size]

Marx: Every day you are wonderfully growing into adulthood. So, it’s about the right time to act like a little fawn for a while. [/size]

Kanna: (smiling) Yeah...Thanks, dad! I’ll do that. [/size]

Marx: (smiling) Well then, tonight you’re going to tell Mom you want to sleep with her.[/size]

Kanna: (mischieviously) Hey! If that’s the case, you have to sleep together with us too! [/size]

Marx: (confused) What?! Me, why....[/size]

Kanna: (smiling) Because Mother should not only want to spoil me, but you too, Father! Won’t our family go to sleep together? Is that not allowed? [/size]

Marx: No, it’s fine, if you want I guess I can’t say no. Well then, let’s tell Kamui together. [/size]

Kanna: Yay, hooray! [/size]

Marx: ...Sigh. Someday I too will grow, to become King...and I can’t refuse the wishes of my own child. This interesting thing called children, and this strange thing called their parents...

[/size]

This is so adorable...

Just wondering, is there a sibling convo?

Haven't translated any between Marx and siblings yet. I know there is one between Leon and Camilla. Is there one you're particularly interested in seeing?

Oh, not those sibling supports. I was talking about Siegbert and Kanna sibling convos, if there is.

Sorry for not being more clear.

Crap, I wish my standards weren't so high so I could find that Marx beach DLC sexy ._. all I see is weird anatomy and a face that's not manly and jaw-y enough for me. And the pose... IDK, I want the booty.

Still, I appreciate they went for equal oppurtunity fanservice. I'm sure his conversation at the beach is cute!

Hopefully it's about him riding that inflatable beach toy... and being embarassed about it.............................

DELICIOUS

Er, anyway, what's the info we have on his son?? He looks so much like an ancient Roman, but they gave him a German name, lol. I'm sad to see he's apparently getting hate because his skill is all about chivalry and because apparently his face is punchable. WTF.

He reminds me of Ares, obviously. I'm so tempted to recreate Lachesis as my first character!

For any of you that don't know wtf I'm talking about, Lachesis/Raquesis is the half sister of Eltoshan/Eldigan, and Ares is Elto' son; they're characters from FE4.

Lachesis is in love with Eltoshan and this love is where one of the game's most touchy subjects (incest) start!

So even if Marx is not Kamui's brother, their relationship still reminds me of Lachesis' story... lol.
It's all because Marx was obviously inspired from Camus and his archetypes (and Elto is part of them).

Here's a more clear image of our sexy lord. Let it be said that Nintendo is all about that equal opportunity fanservice:

tumblr_nqlg6otfNy1r193sio5_540.png

Wow... Dem muscles. *blushes* His face is a bit off, though, but it's still fantastic pic.

Er, anyway, what's the info we have on his son?? He looks so much like an ancient Roman, but they gave him a German name, lol. I'm sad to see he's apparently getting hate because his skill is all about chivalry and because apparently his face is punchable. WTF.

He reminds me of Ares, obviously. I'm so tempted to recreate Lachesis as my first character!

Personally I just can't get over the mullet. It's kind of what's preventing me from S ranking Marx. My son shall not have a mullet!

...I'm so shallow.

xaszatm, on 27 Jun 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

Here's a more clear image of our sexy lord. Let it be said that Nintendo is all about that equal opportunity fanservice:

tumblr_nqlg6otfNy1r193sio5_540.png

Must.

Resist.

Urge.

To.

Rub.

Abs.

Also he makes a good papa. >w<