Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightning looks like it could actually be a very nice tome….

Yeah, its only 1 might and has the "silver-penalty" of -2 MAG/-SKL after battle, but its C-rank, which means it accessible much earlier than your A-rank brave weapons… it seems like the Celica's Gale of the game.

Of course, you can't keep it up forever, but it could be of use….

Lightning looks like it could actually be a very nice tome….

Yeah, its only 1 might and has the "silver-penalty" of -2 MAG/-SKL after battle, but its C-rank, which means it accessible much earlier than your A-rank brave weapons… it seems like the Celica's Gale of the game.

Of course, you can't keep it up forever, but it could be of use….

Lighting definitely shouldn't be underestimated. Anything that "braves" naturally can have much higher damage output than other weapons with a few skills, it has 1-2 range, 75 acc is very nice for "brave" weapons, and it doesn't have the "magic halved next battle" drawback.

Edited by Psyruby

The Silver Penalty "is worse" than the Snake God (magic halved next battle) penalty in my opinion, though it depends if you use other tomes.

By themselves Snake God would be better, though it is a A Rank tome.

It really (may) depend on the magic users themselves, since there's no point in using "a better tome" if "a weaker one with no/less drawbacks" would suffice...it's hard to say

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

There's something I want to know about the weapons that halve attack/magic,

let's say one unit uses Snake God in the first turn and has their attack halved, but in the second turn, they don't do anything and simply chooses to wait, so in the third turn would the unit's attack still be halved or it would return to normal, despite not having attacked?

Edited by Water Mage

There's something I want to know about the weapons that halve attack/magic,

let's say one unit uses Snake God in the first turn and has their attack halved, but in the second turn, they don't do anything and simply chooses to wait, so in the third turn would the unit's attack still be halved or it would return to normal, despite not having attacked?

It's very specific in stating that the next battle will be halved. If it depended on turns, it would state it that way most likely.

It's very specific in stating that the next battle will be halved. If it depended on turns, it would state it that way most likely.

I see,

To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was battle or turns, but thanks for clarifying that.

But if it depends on battle, the what if the unit is refreshed on the same turn, and then attack again, would the penalty still remain on the next turn?

And what about battles triggered on the enemy phase? Does the halved attack remains during the entire enemy phase, or does one battle on the enemy phase is enough to get rid of the penalty?

Edited by Water Mage

Battles during enemy phase count

If you have multiple battles (not dual strikes) in the same turn, it also counts

For example

Attack: 100%

Sing>Attack: 50%

Enemy Phase

Counterattack 1: 100%

Counterattack 2: 50%

Counterattack 3: 100%

Player Phase

Attack: 50%

Basically after you have a battle with the weapon, you get a 1 battle debuff that halves STR/MAG. The debuff doesn't apply if you start the battle with STR/MAG, so this is how it works

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Battles during enemy phase count

If you have multiple battles (not dual strikes) in the same turn, it also counts

For example

Attack: 100%

Sing>Attack: 50%

Enemy Phase

Counterattack 1: 100%

Counterattack 2: 50%

Counterattack 3: 100%

Player Phase

Attack: 50%

Basically after you have a battle with the weapon, you get a 1 battle debuff that halves STR/MAG. The debuff doesn't apply if you start the battle with STR/MAG, so this is how it works

Thanks for the explanation!

It looks like that you're going have to be really crafty in other to use these kind of weapons effectively.

Honestly I don't think the halved Magic/Strength for Brave 1-2 range weapons is that bad. You are still double attacking, so you do the same damage as you would with a 5 Mt Spell or a 4 Mt Kunai (assuming unforged), so it would honestly just be

Attack 1: 200% damage

Sing/Galeforce/Copycat: 100% damage

Counterattack 1: 200% damage

And so on.

Also 1 hit with Dragon God is more powerful than 2 from Snake God and it is more accurate, so there is something to be said for that...

Edited by JothTheConqueror

It depends on the statistics

It mostly gets more "ridiculous" when they get forged

Unforged, the weapons aren't broken by themselves.

More like, as long as you don't stack damage up or damaging skills or forging to high degrees they aren't broken. Flamboyant-Luna-Breaking Sky is very much stronger on Brave Weapons than stuff like Dragon God.

However, I do feel it is worth mentioning that the halving mechanic on ranged brave weapons have a certain degree of risk involved. As the Brave effect only works on your turn, which means there is just a chance that your offensive potential on your turn AND the enemy turn is bad after one use. You could argue that is still better than the physical weapons cause at least you can use them in a crowd without defensive debuffs, but I would just use a better weapon for a crowd from the start.

Well, I'm gonna sound like a fool asking this, but is there any way at all to gain access to (Even limited, I don't mind) Nohrian weapons on the Hoshido route without the use of online features? (Update happened, and my Wi-fi simply refuses to work)

I am very aware that throughout the story and in some character's inventories there are a few Nohrian items, which I will list here for other people's reference:

Swords:

-Iron Sword, Steel Sword, Armorslayer, Wyrmslayer.

Lances:

-Javelin, Beast Killer, Iron Lance.

Axes:

-Hammer, Bolt Axe, Killer Axe.

Hidden Weapons:

-Iron Kunai.

Bows:

-None-

Tomes:

-None-

Staves:

-3 Recover, 2 Freeze. (Probably used up a few)

Stones/Misc.:

-Never mind these, to my knowledge they're available to all routes.

But yeah, back to my question. To be honest, I'm just looking for a Blessed Bow or two.

Pieri's Little Lance

Cannot double attack, enemy's ability to double attack +5

How sure are you about this? I've always had doubts about what the Serenes lance listing ( http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/inventory/lances/ ) states (Cannot double attack, ability to double attack -5); if your plus is indeed correct, it'll take just a simple adjustment to bring the wiki page ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Pieri%27s_Little-lance ) in line with this effect...

The descriptions of everything isn't 100% correct it seems.

Some things are harder to prove than others due to the way things are

I've seen people use Zanshin before, but setting up so that both players have the same speed is hard, so I have no idea how it interacts

Miscellaneous other things as well....

For example, some time ago the list gave Pieri's Little Lance as 0 crit, but it has crit now, which makes a little bit more sense.

Aside from that, I was told that basically, that's how the Javelins, etc, work, they make you easier to be doubled by the enemy, which does seem proven by videos.

At the very least, things like bronze triggering sol, etc, have not happened yet, so it would seem that they cannot trigger sol. The question is that if this also applies to other weapons, though it probably does.....but the other weapons aren't very common either.

I'm still not sure about weapons and self inflicted debuffs.

Pieri's Little Lance

Lance

D Rank

2 Might

75 Hit

10 Crit

0 Avoid

Range 1-2

Worth 0

Cannot double attack, enemy's ability to double attack +5

So not really, but it's closer anyway, more similar to the previous javelins since you can use skills (and critical to boot)

How sure are you about this? I've always had doubts about what the Serenes lance listing ( http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/inventory/lances/ ) states (Cannot double attack, ability to double attack -5); if your plus is indeed correct, it'll take just a simple adjustment to bring the wiki page ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Pieri's_Little-lance ) in line with this effect...

That was likely translation confusion. What Serene's Forest usually translates as "enemy ability to double attack +5" appears in-game as "追撃すれやすい( -5)" which is more like "chasing (double attacking) is easier for the enemy; -5". That appears on both the Javelin and Pieri's little lance. The translator must have mistaken it for "追撃しにくい", which means "Chasing (double attacking) is harder; -X".

So the actual effect of the weapon is "Cannot double attack, enemy's ability to double attack +5" like CocoaGalaxy said

Like, I dunno, but a lot of the weapons have "very short descriptions".

Like the killer weapons literally say "critical does more damage" or something like that, which is in itself vague (would it really be that hard to tell us it does 4x instead of 3x)

And then the magic weapons, etc, all of them are fairly short...though the english terms aren't necessary very long either

And then we have things like Armorslayer, Beast Killer, which if I they work how I think they do, explaining it would be a bit hard (Their default stats is of an Iron of their type. When they face an effective enemy, then the displayed stats are used.)

I always thought the part "the enemy ability to double attack +5" is only applied when it is attacking?

That made more sense to me since there is a weapon that grants +5 double attack treshold to both( the player and the enemy), or is that bonus applied even when the other party is attacking?

...Got another inquiry involving the Wordpress site mentioned back at the "Water Wheel" query (and yes, I'm still trying to enhance the wiki with information from there)...

Under four consecutive chapters starting at Invisible Kingdom chapter 16, there's mention of a Revive staff. Now, since Bifrost is a regalia, we know it can't be that. Given that they referred to Physic as "Reflow" in a few areas, and given that the staff in question is assumed to be common enough to avoid mention in CocoaGalaxy's document, I would have straight up assumed "Revive" was Mend--except that the Wordpress site used Mend in listings for Invisible Kingdom chapter 13. Is "Revive" indeed Wordpress trying to fool me into thinking dropped Mends are rarer than they are, or is "Revive" actually something else? (If you're thinking how I managed to get Physic out of "Reflow" and suspect Mend out of "Revive", try looking at the Serenes staff listing for Genealogy of the Holy War and look for similarities...)

EDIT: Sorry to have to add on to the inquiry, but I've noticed that the Wordpress site has a penchant for referring to yumis as bows; the only time "yumi" appears on the page is "Skillful Yumi" under Nohr chapter 26. This can certainly cause confusion when referring to any of the basic set. I've taken listings of the basic set at face value (i.e. assumed them to be bows, not yumi), but now I'm not so sure: I've got suspicions about the Steel Bow listing, especially Hoshido chapter 23 (hello, bows are Nohrian!) and Invisible Kingdom chapter 19 (hello, Holy Bowmen actually wield yumis?!); I've also got suspicions about the Silver Bow listing, especially Hoshido chapter 21 (same reason as the steel in Hoshido 23) and Invisible Kingdom chapter 23 (same reason as the steel in Invisible Kingdom chapter 19). (The Iron Bow listing, not so much...)

Edited by shiningpikablu252

Lul

Revive=Riraibu=Relive=Mend

I somewhat recall, but I'm fairly sure I checked it, the staff(s) in question is a mend

I don't recall much about the bow vs yumi listings, if there's anything in particular that's very important, you can ask again

Update:

I myself went to check, since I did I23 recently, the "Silver Bow" and "Skillful Bow" wielded by the Holy Bows in those chapters are Silver Yumi/Expert Yumi, so it seems that there is a mix up indeed

Off the top of my head, there are only a few times when units don't use the same weapons.

Named characters might do so a few times (E.G. Setsuna has a Steel Proximity Bow, instead of Yumi, Shenmei using Rabbit God, etc)

Otherwise, I'm not too entirely sure.

Like I know there are a few lance wielding Lance Fighters, but otherwise I don't really recall

Edited by CocoaGalaxy