Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand correctly, doesn't the Steel Shuriken nearly negate it's own drawback? It lowers your ability to double attack by 3 but raises your speed by 2, therefore only making it -1...

Yes, and you also get a natural avoid bonus inherent to the speed boost. It is only noticeable when compared to Iron Kunai.

Which weapon were you using?

Not Weapon Rank Bonus, but Weapon Triangle Bonus, and I was making an educated guess(I don't have the game). However, on another thread, someone confirmed for me that +2 Atk, +20 Hitrate(and therefore the disadvantage for going against an S rank is -2 Atk, -20 Hitrate) is the Weapon Triangle Bonus for S ranks with an advantage.

Is Horse God one of the best spells in the game? The only other spell that looks halfway decent is the Lightning Tome.

It's considered to be, yes. I'm not sure about Lightning, though. However, considering the viability of Crit builds this time around, I'd say Mjolnir, Excalibur, and with some Defensive Formation builds, Odin's Black Tome might be good.

Also, that's pretty great for the Steel Shuriken. Most of the Kunai classes are fast to begin with, and for -1 Spd you get 6 more Atk (assuming you double attack) and a much better debuff off of it.

Is it still possible to obtain an endless supply of stat boosters like speedwings like it was in awakening? If so, how? I saw them each appear as a limited 1/2 stock item in my castle shops, but have not seen anymore available since.

Since leveling up is limited, it feels like those would be my best option to max out everybody's stats like I like to do in my "ultimate" play file. If there is a finite supply though, I guess my only option would be eternal seals and Mizume's stat growth skill (I have seen it on several characters in other people's castles, which promoted class gives it as a back level up skill?).

Is Horse God one of the best spells in the game? The only other spell that looks halfway decent is the Lightning Tome.

Nosferatu is still a great spell even with the nerf, but only sorcerer's get it. All the A rank spells are pretty damn powerful with a small downside of your next attack is weaker, Excalibur is good despite it not meshing well with the sorcerer, and Reverse God is GODLY. +1 Def, Speed? While not being weak to lances and Kunais? Sounds good to me.

I've heard Nosferatu combined with Defensive Formation works quite well. Haven't tried it myself, but it's nice because the opponent wouldn't be able to double either, unless they have a brave weapon / weapon with a doubling effect.

Since there a guide for what elements the Hoshido spells have in their visuals?

The only onces I can think of are Rat God = Ice, Ox God = Fire. (I do not own a Japanese version of the game, so can't just check myself)

Since there a guide for what elements the Hoshido spells have in their visuals?

The only onces I can think of are Rat God = Ice, Ox God = Fire. (I do not own a Japanese version of the game, so can't just check myself)

Well Tiger God is electric, and then that's it. Unless you count Rabbit God and Monkey God as the "purple" element and the Old Book as the "paper" element.

It's hard to say

Horse God is brownish yellow, Dragon God is a more clearly purple (Rabbit God's is pinkish purplish)

Have not seen most of the rest in action mostly because..yeah

If counted, Reverse God is also purple, but it's yet a different shade (Dragon God's is blueish purplish, Reverse is more "standard purple")

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

For the halved attacks on braves:

Enemy 1: Full power for both attacks; debuff applied at end of combat

Enemy 2: Half power; debuff applied again

Enemy 3: Quarter power; debuff applied again

Enemy 4: Eighth power; debuff applied again

Until I attack with a non-halving weapon

Or is it

Enemy 1: Full power

Enemy 2: Half power

Enemy 3: Half power

Enemy 4: Half power

Until I attack with a non-halving weapon?

For the halved attacks on braves:

Enemy 1: Full power for both attacks; debuff applied at end of combat

Enemy 2: Half power; debuff applied again

Enemy 3: Quarter power; debuff applied again

Enemy 4: Eighth power; debuff applied again

Until I attack with a non-halving weapon

Or is it

Enemy 1: Full power

Enemy 2: Half power

Enemy 3: Half power

Enemy 4: Half power

Until I attack with a non-halving weapon?

It is:

Battle one: Full power on up to 4 strikes.

Battle two: Half power on up to 4 strikes.

Battle three: Full power on up to 4 strikes.

Battle four: Half power on up to 4 strikes.

etc. etc. etc.

It's sort of incorrectly labeled, but the actual wording takes too long for a normal description.

Edited by Psyruby

Apparently I still have lots to learn

List of Trueblade Dual Wielded Weapons

Spirit Katana

Warrior Katana

Hagakure

Hoshido's Mist Blade

Axeslayer Katana

Confirmed not to be dual wielded

Iron, Steel, Silver Katana

Kodachi

Reverse Katana

Yato ("obviously")

Raijin Katana (same here)

The rest are up for grabs I guess, though I doubt bronze nor flying dagger would be dual wielded

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Apparently I still have lots to learn

List of Trueblade Dual Wielded Weapons

Spirit Katana

Warrior Katana

Hagakure

Hoshido's Mist Blade

Axeslayer Katana

Confirmed not to be dual wielded

Iron, Steel, Silver Katana

Kodachi

Reverse Katana

Yato ("obviously")

Raijin Katana (same here)

The rest are up for grabs I guess, though I doubt bronze nor flying dagger would be dual wielded

The Parasol is held with both hands, while radishes are dual wielded.

I'll check all of the rest later on.

Edited by gayserbeam

Hmm, for added laughs, does anyone know if Samurai would dual wield the above weapons as well? ......I wonder...

..Probably not Weapon Master, right?

Here's what's dual wielded:

Warrior Katana

Spirit Katana

Hakagure

Radish

Hoshido Mist Blade

Hinata's Fierce Blade

Axeslayer Katana

Samurai can not dual wield, neither can Weapon Masters.

Edited by gayserbeam

Guess I might as well see, let's see uhm...

Of course this is more of a class thing.....it's totally not because I'm the last poster on the class thread and I can't post again or anything, there are "legitimate" reasons to this post!

Ahem

There's like so many animations in this game...even then I'm not fully sure since I rarely see Dark Knights using swords, for example.

...Before I continue on...I don't actually recall but, I'm trying to think if all the enemy exclusive weapons were used

(There's also the whole deal of where do I find all the weapons)

I've yet to actually see throwing katanas, or actually throwing swords for their matter. Throwing Naginata is easy enough to find, Throwing Lance...I don't think so

Throwing Club and Throwing Axe are easy enough to find, Proximity Bow/Yumi though, not so much though I think Setsuna might carry them. The irony is that I still don't understand why they couldn't have just given archers the proximity shot skill. I suppose if they really wanted to screw with us in later DLC missions or something (that being said, while it's off topic as well, I don't think we've located all the skills either)

...I think that was all though.

..Reminds me about the whole forging fiasco, but......

Well, presumably if you really wanted to, you could make pretty strong Iron/Steel/Silver (not sure exactly what the payoff graph, aka the "equilibrium point or whatever" would work for them) forges fairly early, like, a +3 Iron is basically a Silver without the Silver drawback or so, yeah....forging is kind of broken. Kind of, because it scales exponentially, and a +3 Iron costs 8000 Gold (not that it's entirely unaffordable.......questionable, though. The exact logistics, I've not actually broken down, partially because I haven't hunted down the data or bothered to. I guess I'll try)

..ironic how I managed to talk so much. Ok now so....

I won't presume, but I believe there are classes that share the same base animations. The skill/critical/finishing animation is probably quite different from each other though.

..Ok there's just way too many things to note

Singer aside (lol Singer), there are...

60ish classes? Like I now don't even bother about Lancer anymore, I'm too crazed at all this

Sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a place with some more detailed item locations (got names for the paralogue chapters there as well; it's the same place Moydow used to nab names for the main paths' chapters), and am currently using it to enhance item articles on the wiki, specifically some of the item locations (but, apart from most regaila, not with enough confidence to remove the "may be incomplete" listings). Some cross-checking against one of CocoaGalaxy's documents has helped clear up some things, but not enough to completely avoid inquiries...

While enhancing the Suisha's article, under Invisible Kingdom Chapter 20, the Wordpress site has a weird listing of something called the "Water Wheel". No clue what it is (none of the item listings here at Serenes lists anything close, not even among the crazier of the kunai), and CocoaGalaxy's hinting toward the Suisha being in that chapter has no apparent match on the Wordpress site...