Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Another inquiry related to stringed weapons incoming.

The Wordpress page I'm using to enhance the wiki articles lists a "Divine Bow" for Invisible Kingdom chapter 26 that I can't make heads or tails of what it's supposed to be. There's no match in CocoaGalaxy's document (the I26 under bows in that document fits the "Strong Bow" on the Wordpress page). I'm not sure whether the "Divine Bow" is supposed to be the Blessed Bow, the Shining Bow, or maybe even the Mirror Yumi (given the Wordpress site seems to like calling yumi bows), and I could have made three wrong guesses...

Also, for Invisible Kingdom chapter 24, is the Wordpress site trying to pull a fast one on me with their "Critical Bow" listing? The term highly implies it means the Killer Bow, but CocoaGalaxy's document implies it might be the Certain Yumi--which I would not label good at criticals as one of its qualities...

Like aside from I19 I believe I went to check most of the problems.

"I believe, I say"

I26 off the top of my head should be blessed bow

I24 should be certain yumi. Actually I just went to double check this one recently, it pretty much is really

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Doesn't look like anybody changed this yet on the inventory page, but the Suisha (the S-rank Naginata) actually gives +5 Defense and Resistance when equipped instead of the usual +1 Def/Res of most Naginatas.

Really now.........

Well I wouldn't be that surprised really

I would. From what I've observed, normal S-rank weapons either don't affect the wielder's stats beyond what that weapon type normally would (i.e. Aurgelmir, Hagakure), or actually nerf some of the wielder's stats (i.e. Excalibur, Oboro, Zanshin). (Can't really apply the system to Bifrost, as staves have only been truly equippable in the same sense as a weapon in Radiant Dawn.) If the Suisha really did offer a giant defensive buff, it would be quite overpowered (the drawback of halved strength would be chump change)...

Seems a tiny bit weird to me, but it appears that Wind Summon prevents you from using Magic Weapons as well...

Now that would be quite interesting, especially given how magic weapons have worked in past games...

(Interestingly, Wind Summon is the only strictly non-healing baton whose common name someone important on the wiki's staff hasn't utterly rejected as being "we must not use it because Serenes Forest invented it" despite the affiliation between the two sites--Vanished Disaster in particular was noted as being an inaccurate misinterpreation, and given Misfortune and Sin was given "same reason as the other one", odds are the important guy also saw that one as an inaccurate misinterpretation as well; if an affiliated wiki has been given reason not to use those names, rival wikis certainly don't have any reason to use those names either. The hybrid baton was also given an "accurate translation" by the important guy, but this case isn't nearly as drastic...)

(Interestingly, Wind Summon is the only strictly non-healing baton whose common name someone important on the wiki's staff hasn't utterly rejected as being "we must not use it because Serenes Forest invented it" despite the affiliation between the two sites--Vanished Disaster in particular was noted as being an inaccurate misinterpreation, and given Misfortune and Sin was given "same reason as the other one", odds are the important guy also saw that one as an inaccurate misinterpretation as well; if an affiliated wiki has been given reason not to use those names, rival wikis certainly don't have any reason to use those names either. The hybrid baton was also given an "accurate translation" by the important guy, but this case isn't nearly as drastic...)

i really don't see how two sites having some kind of affiliation with each other is supposed to mean that one ought to always take the other at its word about literally everything. if the wiki wants to try to be more accurate than serenes's placeholders for fe14 shit, let it be more accurate

Edited by bookofholsety

i really don't see how two sites having some kind of affiliation with each other is supposed to mean that one ought to always take the other at its word about literally everything. if the wiki wants to try to be more accurate than serenes's placeholders for fe14 shit, let it be more accurate

It's more the tone of the reasoning that rattled me. "More accurate" or "highly inaccurate" isn't bad reasoning in and of itself, but the delivery can make the difference...

It's more the tone of the reasoning that rattled me. "More accurate" or "highly inaccurate" isn't bad reasoning in and of itself, but the delivery can make the difference...

sure he was pretty blunt, but imo that really isn't that big of a deal, in that we aren't exactly talking about somebody slapping HAHAHAHA SERENES IS MISINFORMATION on the front page or top banner of their site. we're talking about something being said in the back-end revision list of a wiki that barely anyone currently reads. what's the point of not being blunt and to the point about an issue in one of those?

he's certainly not wrong in that serenes is Not Always Right, or in this case, serenes was Deliberately Not Always Right

• 1 month later...

Soooo I just made a discovery tonight while forging a bunch of stuff. Some of you may have noticed by now, but maybe not others.

Normally, forging weapons that cannot have critical on them have their critical rate turned into a hit bonus of about the same amount instead.

But... this Bronze Axe seems to be an exception.

[spoiler=Bronze Axe]post-12123-0-17137100-1449645401_thumb.jpeg

+9 might, 10 hit and 6 crit at +5 compared to a regular. Problem is, because it's a Bronze weapon, the crit bonus essentially gets negated (and it does show it in the top menu where attack, hit, crit and avoid are displayed).

[spoiler=Bronze Club]post-12123-0-94259600-1449645428_thumb.jpeg

...whereas my Bronze Club (y'know, the series of axes that are *supposed* to have crit; the irony (we're talking about Bronze so it doesn't matter anyway, but you get the idea)) got the correct bonuses assigned to it: +9 might and 15 hit at +5, and no critical because it got transferred into hit.

-----

Again, this difference DOES matter because the Bronze Club in the end will have WAY more hit than the Bronze Axe for only 1 less might, and the latter essentially doesn't receive compensation.

I tried forging the same weapons in other save files, only for the same thing to happen.

...so yeah, there's glitches and oddities for ya.

Edited by ItzMeeMario