Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Is it confirmed that Shurikens are Hoshido exclusive and Knives are Nohr exclusive???

No, you can get the other weapon type via Streetpass, treasure chests, some enemies will also drop them. If a unit can equip a shuriken, they can also equip kunais and vice versa.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you can get the other weapon type via Streetpass, treasure chests, some enemies will also drop them. If a unit can equip a shuriken, they can also equip kunais and vice versa.

Thanks!

On a similar note, will Spellcaster be able to use Tomes, and vice versa with Dark Mages.

Edited by HappyHawlucha

Thanks!

On a similar note, will Spellcaster be able to use Tomes, and vice versa with Dark Mages.

Yes. Read the notes in the first post:

- Hoshidan classes can use Nohrian weapons of matching type and vice versa.

Playing right now, and for the Hoshido spells:

Rat God (E-rank) seems to give a +1 to Skill.

Ox God (D-rank) seems to give a +1 to Defense.

C-rank gives a +1 to Speed.

And the Rabbit spell, beside just healing also gives +1's to Defense and Resistance.

Anyone knows how long the MoT golems'... uhm... rock weapon thing can reach? From the streams it appears to have at least 1-4 range.

Its range is 1-5.

Also for Hoshido weapons, the effect listed under the Iron weapon effects seems to apply to the Steel weapon as well. So, for example, the +1 Speed and -1 Def & Res of the Iron Katana also applies to the Steel Katana (as well as the AS threshold penalty). Don't know about Silver weapons yet.

I'm gonna chill a bit this weekend, by finally starting on the items.

Swords

Notes

1. I "localised" a few of the names to match their Awakening counterparts.

2. Some weapon effects might be missing or slight incorrect because IS was kind of lazy and skimped with the descriptions. Some stuff I can read from the files, but there are a few like the "after battle stat deductions" that I can't seem to find.

3. I skipped the long-range melee weapons and short-range bows because I don't *think* they're used. Like the Iron Hand Axe, Steel Hand Axe and Silver Hand Axe.

Or are they actually there, but enemy only?

I'm gonna chill a bit this weekend, by finally starting on the items.

Swords

Notes

1. I "localised" a few of the names to match their Awakening counterparts.

2. Some weapon effects might be missing or slight incorrect because IS was kind of lazy and skimped with the descriptions. Some stuff I can read from the files, but there are a few like the "after battle stat deductions" that I can't seem to find.

3. I skipped the long-range melee weapons and short-range bows because I don't *think* they're used. Like the Iron Hand Axe, Steel Hand Axe and Silver Hand Axe.

Or are they actually there, but enemy only?

All of them are used for enemies. I don't think any are obtainable.

So I take it that whenever the Iron weapon of a particular category says in its description "Weapon typeは、stuff", it's implying that all weapons of that category have "stuff" as a passive effect unless specified otherwise?

So I take it that whenever the Iron weapon of a particular category says in its description "Weapon typeは、stuff", it's implying that all weapons of that category have "stuff" as a passive effect unless specified otherwise?

Seems like it.

Annoyingly, it doesn't tell you the status reduction effects for Kunais and Shurikens, I believe.

Katanas

I'm noticing that there aren't any S Rank weapons in either of the things Vincent has posted. Is that because they're incomplete, or there aren't any [What would be the point of the rank?] or they're enemy only, or what?

I'm noticing that there aren't any S Rank weapons in either of the things Vincent has posted. Is that because they're incomplete, or there aren't any [What would be the point of the rank?] or they're enemy only, or what?

There's an S-rank Katana, you probably missed it. There's no S-rank sword because the only class that can reach S-rank in swords is Trueblade, which is a Hoshidan class.

There are also likely to be enemy-only S-rank weapons, yes.

There's an S-rank Katana, you probably missed it. There's no S-rank sword because the only class that can reach S-rank in swords is Trueblade, which is a Hoshidan class.

Does an S rank in Swords/Katanas offer a higher battle bonus than having an A rank in Swords and Katanas?

Like more damage or hit?

Edited by Leif

Oh hey, thanks fo pointing that out. So I guess only the nations which get S ranked units will have S ranked weapons in their weapon type. Makes sense. I was pretty eager to see how they'd balance S ranks, although part of me was hoping they'd be broken beyond all measure compared to other stuff, so sorta like this katana but without that drawback.

Not sure, isn't the Yatogami classified under a Sword? A Katana? I honestly don't know.

In any case, I think there are about 6 variations of the Yatogami, but exactly what is going on I have no idea

"Oh I know all right", well I guess.

Initial Yatogami, then you have

On Hoshido, one after "reacting" with the Wind Gow Bow, one after reacting with the Thunder God Katana

On Nohr, I presume it's with Brynhilde and Siegfried

The Final one is probably with all 4, for a total of 6

One last thing, er, might be a tiny bit of spoilers, but I think the Yatogami has some "interactions" with Dragonskin (damage isn't precisely halved with the Yatogami)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Not sure, isn't the Yatogami classified under a Sword?

In any case, I think there are about 6 variations of the Yatogami, but exactly what is going on I have no idea

Nah, it's definitely a Katana. Plus it gives Katana like boosts (Speed +1, Defence and Resistance -1).

I assume the Yato(gami) gradually powers up as you progress through the game.

Hey Vincent, is there any data in-game for the lance/naginata Azura has is her artwork?

Huh, I don't recall any weapons exclusive to Azura. I will check again later.

I thought it was the Suisha (Waterwheel), but it's a S Rank Naginata and she can't wield it as a Singer...

So, what exactly does it mean when a weapon says it's ineffective against units other than the type it specifically beats? Is the damage reduced, or is it a hit penalty, or something else?

In the mean time, minor comments is that I'm still waiting for the name of Garon's axe (it's in kana and..it's not exactly straightforward, much like Zephiel's Sword)

Interesting other comments. Also I really should have known that "Little Small" (the kanji of sorts) was obviously the Kodachi.

The Kodachi (aside from the Umbrella, which is oddly effective despite having 1 mt) seems to be your main throwing sword

Anybody have images for the swords though? For the Wiki and all

Hagakure seems to be a little debilitating for a sword, I mean, Ryouma's Raijin Katana is almost if not still better than it.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I think there's two descriptions for each item, a short one which you see when you buy an item from the shop and a longer one when you click on it in your inventory. The afer battle debuffs are only shown on the latter.