Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Added Axes/Clubs and Kunai/Shurikens to the site ^^

If anyone notices any issues with the enemy debuffs, let me know.

(Also, I'm missing pretty much all of the user-side debuffs, except for the Silver weapons. I know at least one weapon drops your Magic and Skill by 2. Do all such weapons either drop Strength and Skill by 2 or Magic and Skill by 2?)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Also, I'm missing pretty much all of the user-side debuffs, except for the Silver weapons. I know at least one weapon drops your Magic and Skill by 2. Do all such weapons either drop Strength and Skill by 2 or Magic and Skill by 2?)

Thanks Vincent.

I noticed a few things that are inconsistent with the text dump/what I have:

- For the hoe weapon, I think the description says terrain effects are disabled for both enemies and allies. At least I assume that's what "敵味方" means. (Edit: I think this is just a way of saying both the user and the enemy)

- The S-rank Oboro shuriken makes it easier for you to double attack AND for you to be double attacked, both by 5. Also not sure where the Def/Res -5 came from, but maybe that part just isn't mentioned in the short description.

- Pretty sure the name for Felicia's weapon is Ice Plate and not Ice Blood, seems like you misread 皿 as 血.

Btw I like your choice of translation for "Camilla's Sexy axe" haha

Edited by Bovinian

I think the basic B-rank weapons all have that category of debuff, whether Silver or something else, but then there's other stuff like I think a naginata with Oboro's name on it that has different drops.

I haven't gotten far enough to tell myself but is there really no Brave Axe in the game?

Is there a way to get the Great Club on the Nohr side?

A Berserker with the Great Club will have 75 base crit.

I guess it needs to hit too, but Arthur has 70% Skill growth.

You could also make MU a Berserker or something.

Is there a way to get the Great Club on the Nohr side?

A Berserker with the Great Club will have 75 base crit.

I guess it needs to hit too, but Arthur has 70% Skill growth.

You could also make MU a Berserker or something.

Dunno about in-game item locations, but it should be possible to get any weapon on either side at least through Streetpass.

Funny you mention Arthur, because Arthur might be literally the only unit in the game whose Luck stat is so bad that it noticeably reduces his hit rate. Enough to lose the Hit advantage he has over other units with lower Skill growth, at least.

Dunno about in-game item locations, but it should be possible to get any weapon on either side at least through Streetpass.

Funny you mention Arthur, because Arthur might be literally the only unit in the game whose Luck stat is so bad that it noticeably reduces his hit rate. Enough to lose the Hit advantage he has over other units with lower Skill growth, at least.

For the more recent games, 1 point of skill is 3 times as effective as 1 point of Luck as far as hit rate goes.

Not sure what his base is, but his growth is 70% and he has that +3 modifier so I assume it's decent, he has the best growth rate besides +Skill Avatar on the Nohr side.

For the more recent games, 1 point of skill is 3 times as effective as 1 point of Luck as far as hit rate goes.

Not sure what his base is, but his growth is 70% and he has that +3 modifier so I assume it's decent, he has the best growth rate besides +Skill Avatar on the Nohr side.

Yeah I'm aware of that, but Arthur starts with a Luck base of 1 and a 10% Luck growth. His Luck drops by 2 and his growth drops to 5% upon promoting to a Berserker, so he averages out to lol 1 Luck by 20/20. Pretty much everyone else gets Luck in the double digits so he's losing out on a lot more than 3 Skill's worth of Hit. If you're assuming everyone will be at max stats for postgame then I guess my argument is irrelevant, but at this point it's not really clear if people will be able to reach their caps in every stat because of the new Seal system. At the very least, it seems like other characters will have an easier time capping their Skill than for Arthur to even reach double digits in Luck.

Not to say his hit rate is actually bad though. It would be pretty hilarious to see Arthur vs. Arthur in pvp where they have 100% crit rates on each other.

Edited by Bovinian

Thanks Vincent.

I noticed a few things that are inconsistent with the text dump/what I have:

- For the hoe weapon, I think the description says terrain effects are disabled for both enemies and allies. At least I assume that's what "敵味方" means. (Edit: I think this is just a way of saying both the user and the enemy)

- The S-rank Oboro shuriken makes it easier for you to double attack AND for you to be double attacked, both by 5. Also not sure where the Def/Res -5 came from, but maybe that part just isn't mentioned in the short description.

- Pretty sure the name for Felicia's weapon is Ice Plate and not Ice Blood, seems like you misread 皿 as 血.

Btw I like your choice of translation for "Camilla's Sexy axe" haha

Fixed the Hoe and Ice Plate/Tray.

For Oboro, the Defence and Resistance drop should be there even though it's not listed. There are a handful of other weapons like that too.

Hmm... I'm not sure about listing the double attack threshold twice. If it's "double attack threshold -5" as it's currently listed, it means you're more likely to be double attacked by the enemy, right? Or do some items only affect you and not the enemy? I'm kind of confused... I do actually see two numbers in the game code.

EDIT

Oh, I see the difference with the Oboro. Hmm, dunno how to write it TBH o__o

EDIT2

Hmm, actually, could somebody give me some in-game examples of how Steel weapons and throwing weapons affect the ability to double attack?

I don't want to misunderstand XD

Edited by VincentASM

Fixed the Hoe and Ice Plate/Tray.

For Oboro, the Defence and Resistance drop should be there even though it's not listed. There are a handful of other weapons like that too.

Hmm... I'm not sure about listing the double attack threshold twice. If it's "double attack threshold -5" as it's currently listed, it means you're more likely to be double attacked by the enemy, right? Or do some items only affect you and not the enemy? I'm kind of confused... I do actually see two numbers in the game code.

EDIT

Oh, I see the difference with the Oboro. Hmm, dunno how to write it TBH o__o

Yeah, the game makes the distinction between 追撃しやすい (easier for you to double attack) and 追撃されやすい (easier for you to be double attacked). For the latter I wrote it as "receiving double attack threshold" but that sounds pretty awkward. The latter is also in the description for javelins/hand axes/etc. since the ordinary double attack threshold would be meaningless when you can't double anyway.

Maybe it's easier to translate both of them more literally and go with "Easier to double attack (+5)" and "Easier to be double attacked (-5)"?

Hai folks, I'm here again to talk more Wiki stuff

I'm still in the process of dropping everything in (with no images of course)

So, from as far as I can tell, we're probably? Going to need a new format to display the avoid stat?

Otherwise that's all though, I'm currently adding everything in the FE13 format for silly reasons.

To clarify

Katanas: Speed + 1, Defense - 1, Resistance -1

Naginata: Defense + 1, Resistance + 1

Clubs: ?

Yumi: Resistance + 2

Spells: ?

Shurikens: Speed + 2

I'm also trying to clarify just what happens with the debuffs

From what I can tell, using a Shuriken (debuffs enemy) triggers as long as any attack doesn't miss (Dual Guard, auto or shield gauge'd, still causes a debuff). Debuffs do not stack from multiple hits.

Self inflicted Debuffs (I.E. Silvers) seem to occur as long as you swing the weapon (I.E. same as weapon exp I guess, miss or damage doesn't count, as long as you swing the weapon). These are once per battle.

Skill debuffs (not this thread though) doesn't seem to care, as long as the battle occurs, the debuff will be inflicted.

Slightly more on topic:

Silver Shuriken (well Shurikens in general) have some mad debuffs. Enemy Speed/Def -4? Yes Please

..Why is the Shuriken named Oboro though? Why people why?

They should have had a Nyaruko reference with throwing forks. Maybe the Kunais?

In the same vein, Spikes has some ridiculously rad debuffs, -8 Speed and Defense? (and resistance)

Debuffing Strength seems to be a bit rare though, they obviously don't want you to do that, but shame

Also

user and enemy’s double attack threshold +5

What? What's the point of this?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Clubs usually have 5 more Critical than Axes, from what I've noticed.

user and enemy’s double attack threshold +5

I'll be renaming it to "ability to double attack +5, enemy's ability to double attack +5". Or "user and enemy's ability to double attack +5".

Clubs usually have 5 more Critical than Axes, from what I've noticed.

I'll be renaming it to "ability to double attack +5, enemy's ability to double attack +5". Or "user and enemy's ability to double attack +5".

My savior! Somewhat anyway, hoho. Let's see er...

Er..so about the format thing?

Also regarding the above, I was talking about the Oboro Shuriken, which has both effects which kind of sounds silly, because don't they together cancel out?

Oboro S 11 95 10 -10 1~2 0 Defence and Resistance -5, user and enemy’s double attack threshold +5

[Enemy’s Str/Mag/Def/Res -6 until next turn]

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

My savior! Somewhat anyway, hoho. Let's see er...

Er..so about the format thing?

Also regarding the above, I was talking about the Oboro Shuriken, which has both effects which kind of sounds silly, because don't they together cancel out?

Oboro S 11 95 10 -10 1~2 0 Defence and Resistance -5, user and enemy’s double attack threshold +5

[Enemy’s Str/Mag/Def/Res -6 until next turn]

They don't cancel each other out. The "double attack threshold" translation, as well as how double attacks have worked throughout the series up until now, makes it a bit hard to understand.

I haven't tested this out, but the original Japanese text, and Vincent's new translation (___'s ability to double attack) makes it a bit more apparent.

Normally, the user needs at least 5 more speed than the enemy to double the enemy. If "user's ability to double attack +5", then the user only needs to have at least the same speed as the enemy to double them. On the opposite end, if "user's ability to double attack -5", then the user needs to have at least 10 more speed than the enemy to double.

All of these affect only the user's ability to double attack. Since the user's actual Speed stat stays the same, the enemy still needs at least 5 more speed than the user to double the user, as usual.

On the other hand, if "enemy's ability to double attack +5", then the enemy will be able to double the user as long as the enemy has at least the same speed as the user.

Note that these effects are not mutually exclusive for the user and the enemy. Thus, for a case like the Oboro shuriken, it is entirely possible (and a first for the series barring brave weapons) for both the user and the enemy to double attack each other. This would happen in the event that the user and the enemy have the same Speed stat (assuming they both survive long enough, of course)

Hope this long-winded explanation made sense.

Oh so basically it acts on a different scale of the speed.

Classically, without Brave weapons, you could only have 3 attacks per fight.

This weapon basically says "well screw you all, both sides get to double attack"

This is what you mean right?

...So that means, Attack, Counter, Attack, Counter? Sounds ridiculous, but four attacks per fight does sound ridiculous anyway.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Oh so basically it acts on a different scale of the speed.

Classically, without Brave weapons, you could only have 3 attacks per fight.

This weapon basically says "well screw you all, both sides get to double attack"

This is what you mean right?

...So that means, Attack, Counter, Attack, Counter? Sounds ridiculous, but four attacks per fight does sound ridiculous anyway.

Well like I said, if I'm interpreting it correctly, in the case of the Oboro this should only happen if both the user and the enemy have exactly the same speed.

Example: I have the Oboro equipped. I have 35 speed and the enemy has 34 speed. I normally need 39 speed to double the enemy, but this threshold gets bumped down to me only needing 34 speed, so I get to double attack. The enemy normally needs 40 speed to double, and this gets bumped down to needing 35 speed, but he still can't double me because he only has 34 speed. If the enemy has 35 speed however, we'd both be able to double each other.

So the way I see it, Oboro's effect just limits the number of situations in which you'd want to use it. It enables you to double stuff if you're a little faster than the enemy but not quite "5 speed faster", but if your speed is even slightly less than the enemy's then you probably wouldn't want to use it.

For what it's worth, the S-rank tome Excalibur has the same exact effect.

Edited by Bovinian

Zanshin (the A Yumi) has the effect too.

Hehe, I want to see two enemies double attacking now XD

'Course, you could do it before with Brave weapons, but the order will be different. Not You, you, enemy, enemy, but You, enemy, you, enemy, I think.

Silver weapons don't work as advertised for me. Here's how it seems to work:

1) If you unit is attacked or initiates a fight, they get -2 str/-2 skill. No penality if unit is doing a support attack.

2) The effect is cumulative. If you get into 3 fights in one turn, you'll have -6 str/ -6 skill

3) On your next turn, you get one point of str and skill back. That's it. One point per turn.

I first noticed this when I was wondering why my Oboro was doing so little damage with such a lot hit rate now while she was wrecking faces before. Then I checked her status and she was at -15 strength from Silver-inflicted usage.

Ouch, suddenly Silvers don't sound so hot. Can I have characters with 0 in stats though? XD

I'm almost too afraid to ask: do enemy debuffs (from Kunai) recover by 1 each turn as well? I assume those don't stack though... right?