Regarding Mikoto...

Alphine

[spoiler=Awakening and Fates Plot Spoilers: Emmeryn and Mikoto's fates]

More specifically, Mikoto's death. In the spoiler box below, it'll tell you what happens:

In Awakening, Emmeryn sacrifices herself because she believes her death will ultimately bring about peace. However, this action only leaves Chrom to be her successor, and does not stop any of the actual fighting nor really benefit anyone.

In Fire Emblem: Fates, however, Mikoto sees a shady figure attack Kamui from afar, and sacrifices herself in order save Kamui. Because of the overwhelming grief Kamui feels from her/his mother's death, her/his dragon transformation is ultimately triggered, revealing that Kamui can transform into a dragon. This leads into the rest of the plot because it gives wake to Kamui's transformation and a reason for there to be a new successor to Hoshido. It also allows Kamui to remember how her/his birth father died since they hadn't known how back then, of which his death should be obvious at this point, giving a new reason to side with her/his birthright.

So yea, for those of you saying that she "pulled an Emmeryn," she didn't. Mikoto's actions affected the plot much more than Emmeryn's did, and sacrificing oneself to save their child is neither unheard of nor unlikely, as oppose to thinking your death can stop an entire war and suffering of a people.

EDIT: Apparently, I haven't played Awakening for so long that I forgot about Emmeryn's reason for sacrifice. She sacrifices herself so Gangrel has no reason to pretend Ylisse is evil anymore. However, with their exalt gone, Ylisse became vulnerable without a leader, causing the army of Plegia to attack as Ylisse is assisted by Regna Ferox in order to defeat the Plegian army.

Still, this does not make either of them the same, as they had different reasons for their sacrifice.

Edited by Alphonetic

How are you so sure his dragon transformation has anything to do with... anything ? I don't know anything about Japanese, but it seems like the whole Manakete thing is barely mentioned just after it.

Dragon transformation or not, memory remembered or not, Kamui still would have to choose between side. No matter how much the coid is like choosing between poisoned wine and poisoned fish...

Still, I agree, it's better than Emmeryn, at least, Mikoto died for something.

.... Am I too hopeful ?

How are you so sure his dragon transformation has anything to do with... anything ? I don't know anything about Japanese, but it seems like the whole Manakete thing is barely mentioned just after it.

Dragon transformation or not, memory remembered or not, Kamui still would have to choose between side. No matter how much the coid is like choosing between poisoned wine and poisoned fish...

Still, I agree, it's better than Emmeryn, at least, Mikoto died for something.

.... Am I too hopeful ?

[spoiler=If/Fates Spoilers]As a shady figure attacks Kamui with some mysterious purple fire[?], Mikoto jumps in front of Kamui in order to save her/his life. Kamui is so overcome with grief with her/his dead mother in her/his arms that s/he becomes enraged and transforms into a dragon.

Yes I know that, I seen all of that already.

... Which also beg the question as to why Kamui should be overcome by grief over the death of someone he doesn't even know (or remember) in the first place.

EDIT: Say, why are we using spoilers balise ? I mean the topic is marked as 'Spoiler' already... :/

Edited by B.Leu

[spoiler=Awakening and Fates Plot Spoilers: Emmeryn and Mikoto's fates]

More specifically, Mikoto's death. In the spoiler box below, it'll tell you what happens:

In Awakening, Emmeryn sacrifices herself because she believes her death will ultimately bring about peace. However, this action only leaves Chrom to be her successor, and does not stop any of the actual fighting nor really benefit anyone.

In Fire Emblem: Fates, however, Mikoto sees a shady figure attack Kamui from afar, and sacrifices herself in order save Kamui. Because of the overwhelming grief Kamui feels from her/his mother's death, her/his dragon transformation is ultimately triggered, revealing that Kamui can transform into a dragon. This leads into the rest of the plot because it gives wake to Kamui's transformation and a reason for there to be a new successor to Hoshido. It also allows Kamui to remember how her/his birth father died since they hadn't known how back then, of which his death should be obvious at this point, giving a new reason to side with her/his birthright.

So yea, for those of you saying that she "pulled an Emmeryn," she didn't. Mikoto's actions affected the plot much more than Emmeryn's did, and sacrificing oneself to save their child is neither unheard of nor unlikely, as oppose to thinking your death can stop an entire war and suffering of a people.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but...

... A video about the classes in Fe:If somewhere in the hye thread shows Mikoto being playable as a war miko (?) with bows and staffs.

So she's either coming back really late in the game, is third route only or some bonus unlockable character like Emmeryn again.

... A video about the classes in Fe:If somewhere in the hye thread shows Mikoto being playable as a war miko (?) with bows and staffs.

So she's either coming back really late in the game, is third route only or some bonus unlockable character like Emmeryn again.

If she does come back, I hope it is like FE 8 cause Awakening Spot Pass paralouges really did a lot wrong by fucking up the story.Really only Priam's made sense and even so, it didn't realy.

[spoiler=Fates Plot]I watched Hamayama's Hoshido stream to the end. She is confirmed to die and have a statue made to commend her as the benevolent and peaceful predecessor of its Kingdom. If anything, Garon and her are playable in the third route, which means that the beginning might play out differently or something happens where she is revived/healed.

Yes I know that, I seen all of that already.

... Which also beg the question as to why Kamui should be overcome by grief over the death of someone he doesn't even know (or remember) in the first place.

EDIT: Say, why are we using spoilers balise ? I mean the topic is marked as 'Spoiler' already... :/

[spoiler=Fates Plot]This could be due to if Kamui had any recollection of her caring for her/him. I personally think it's because Garon wasn't that kind of a father to his children, and it could be the first time Kamui felt actual compassion from her/his parent, even though they had only just met. Kamui could have then felt responsible for the death of her/his mother and became so heightened that her/his emotions triggered the transformation.

I use the spoiler boxes just in case someone were to accidentally click on the thread and end up exposing themself to things they didn't want to see, and I don't want that being my problem. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Alphonetic

[spoiler=Fates Plot]I watched Hamayama's Hoshido stream to the end. She is confirmed to die and have a statue made to commend her as the benevolent and peaceful predecessor of its Kingdom. If anything, Garon and her are playable in the third route, which means that the beginning might play out differently or something happens where she is revived/healed.

I haven't seen the ending of the Hoshido path myself, so I didn't know about the staute built and such.

Oh well, then it's probably third path only. And I'm interested to see how things work out there, as both of the ideas you listed seem possible.

[spoiler=Fates Plot]This could be due to if Kamui had any recollection of her caring for her/him. I personally think it's because Garon wasn't that kind of a father to his children, and it could be the first time Kamui felt actual compassion from her/his parent, even though they had only just met. Kamui could have then felt responsible for the death of her/his mother and became so heightened that her/his emotions triggered the transformation.

I use the spoiler boxes just in case someone were to accidentally click on the thread and end up exposing themself to things they didn't want to see, and I don't want that being my problem. Better safe than sorry.

Oh, that's a good point, and Kamui does seem to be that kind of guy who care about people.

I still want to mock the writing though... :(

Eh, I guess you're correct for the spoiler but ah...

Edited by B.Leu

I just want to know one simple thing - is Mikoto Avatar's biological mother.

From something I translated yesterday:

anya ni kadowakasaresi mikoto joou no

暗夜に拐かされしミコト女王の

The child of Queen Mikoto that was captured by Anya (Nohr)

osanago ha byakuya no tisuji ni arazu

幼子は白夜の血筋にあらず

Was neither of the Byakuya (Hoshidan) lineage

sumeragi ou no ko ni arazu

スメラギ王のこにあらず

Nor King Sumeragi's child

osanago no makoto no titi ha haidora

幼子の真の父はハイドラ

The child's true father was Hydra

osango ha haidora to mikoto no ko

幼子はハイドラとミコトの子

The child was Hydra's and Mikoto's child

She is.

:O

Thanks for the info.

Not gonna lie, that sound pretty badass. I can't wait to know the details

Wait does it mean that you can litterally...

...Netorare your own father ?!

Oh god, this is just so, soooooooo precious ! XD

And you can S-Rank Mikoto? This must be a mistake because the Nohr siblings cannot S-Rank each other.

Prolly a dumbshit rumor people started to start more controversy

While my copy of the text dump doesn't contain everything, I found absolutely 0 supports for Mikoto with...just about anyone, really. Only time she came up in supports is as namedrops in other people's supports.

I would not believe it unless someone can provide actual proof of it, like an ingame screenshot.

Let's set this straight:

Who is/are Mikoto's biological child/children?

From what I've heard, Kamui is her only biological child.

Even more spoilery.

Kamui is apparently, the son of Mikoto, and the Dark Hidden dragon.

Edited by B.Leu

From what I've heard, Kamui is her only biological child.

Even more spoilery.

Kamui is apparently, the son of Mikoto, and the Dark Hidden dragon.

Not Dark Hidden dragon, but Invisible (Touma) dragon, actually. Aqua is the Dark Hidden dragon's child.

Here's Hydra's profile from the Characters of Fire Emblem Fates thread, by the way.

Hydra ハイドラ

A dragon of the Touma. Has a hatred for people and inflicts great pain upon them due to a forgotten debt of gratitude.

Edited by Izzy

Not Dark Hidden dragon, but Invisible (Touma) dragon, actually. Aqua is the Dark Hidden dragon's child.

Here's Hydra's profile from the Characters of Fire Emblem Fates thread, by the way.

Hydra ハイドラ

A dragon of the Touma. Has a hatred for people and inflicts great pain upon them due to a forgotten debt of gratitude.

So there are two dragons? The avatar is the son of Hydra, and Aqua is the child of a Dark Hidden dragon something?

I still find this hard to believe. A dragon is Avatar's dad? You mean that Hydra Dragon can actually turn into human form right

And why would Mikoto randomly marry a freaking dragon?

Why indeed, sounds very random. What is it with mikoto? She married a dragon out of nowhere and proceeds to be queen of hoshido?

Why indeed, sounds very random. What is it with mikoto? She married a dragon out of nowhere and proceeds to be queen of hoshido?

Where is it stated she married a dragon? Had a dragons' child in some round about way yes, but her relationship with said dragon hasn't been explained yet. Furthermore I find it amusing that of all the things possible in the Fire Emblem verse this is such and abstract concept for some people.