Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

I hope Europe and North America get it at the same time, so I can play it a day later than everyone else. :P:

(games always show up late for Hawaii)

Are you sure about that? lol, I'm originally from Hawaii too but I don't recall stores getting stock a day later just because we're in the middle of the ocean. Unless you're on the neighbor islands...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which route is harder? I herd that Nohr route is harder but is it harder because the levels are tougher or no grinding? If I played Hoshido's path and dont do any grinding is it essentially the same difficulty as Nohr?

Even for digital? Thats kinda weird unless its a time zone issue.

I usually get physical copies.

Are you sure about that? lol, I'm originally from Hawaii too but I don't recall stores getting stock a day later just because we're in the middle of the ocean. Unless you're on the neighbor islands...

Awakening was FUN - it was several day's worth of delay (this was a Nintendo problem, though). The really big games usually come in on time (Pokemon, etc.). The smaller games usually take a day, or my store is really lazy about telling me when stuff is in.

Assuming Nintendo doesn't have another Awakening-level screw-up, I'll probably get the game the next day.

Glad to hear that people prioritize their lives and futures at least. I know a guy who was so obssesed with Skyrim when it was released, he neglected his work and was fired. And then he drowned his sorrows in the game.

The smaller games usually take a day, or my store is really lazy about telling me when stuff is in.

I wouldn't be surprised about that. You know, with the whole "being on Hawaii time" and things never being on time :p

Glad to hear that people prioritize their lives and futures at least. I know a guy who was so obssesed with Skyrim when it was released, he neglected his work and was fired. And then he drowned his sorrows in the game.

Well unlike Skyrim, Fire Emblem is actually more important then reality.

I'm just kidding stay in school kids.

Invisible Kingdom is easier than Nohr, comparatively speaking on Normal anyway (statistically speaking that is..plus Nohr enemies have skills on Normal actually, while most enemies won't have on Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom). I don't know how I feel about that though, and it's not like it was easy because of grinding either.

Still, the game on Lunatic is looking to be really really ridiculously cray cray difficult, have to give props to Omega for already doing a Nohr Hard run, though maybe the jump from Hard>Lunatic is not as crazy as before.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Difficulty of Invisible Kingdom on lunatic tends to come with enemies' abrupt stats increase,with how the exp scaling works,and the fact that respected tiers of grinding maps unlocked as you progress in the main story,some stages could still be pain in the ass even after certain amount of grindings done.

The exp grinding thing makes it difficult to impossible to pass certain level barriers.

On harder difficulties, it's a bit weird, because, from staff numbers.

Normal: 100%

Hard: 80%

Lunatic: 60%

Comparatively speaking, on a per map basis, you should be gaining more exp since enemy numbers go up more than enough to compensate (from what I've seen so far anyway, it's usually at least a 25% increase for Hard, and more on Lunatic..but I don't have all the numbers), but I don't think you are remotely close to overlevelled (then again maybe I have the wrong expectations)

Ironically speaking, people were talking about how the paralogue enemies scale up faster than the main game enemies..even though it is still debatable, and the truth of the matter from what I've seen is that paralogue enemies tend to be more skewed , while main game enemies are balanced

Like for example, Dark Knights get absolutely destroyed by magic users since they have "crap speed and res", same for generals, except generals use strength to attack, and will probably hurt the magic users alot. Enemy mages can technically be dealt with either anti mage tactics (specialized ones are everywhere, non specialized ones still aren't that difficult) or just by sheer numbers. Enemy berserkers are the most threatening, either a dodge tank (and even then it's dangerous), or to tank hits and hope they don't crit. Enemy fliers get destroyed by bows, and aren't really that threatening. Paladins can be tanked, except in Hoshido because Hoshido doesn't have tanks. Great Knights are basically like Generals, except weak to Beastbane.

Oh right, Like, I remember there was a point where basically every enemy in Invisible Kingdom had like two weapons, a normal and a ranged weapon, just to make life more difficult.

Like, there was a certain section where (on normal) there was basically a point where you got swarmed by ~7 units at once, and yeah it was tough.

Like yeah, we should really have a character stat thread or something. I'd cook it up myself except it's not precisely a walk in the park

So I've finally played a couple of hours of this and all I can say without spoiling anything is that they heavily refined Awakenings mechanics and the graphics are amazing

So I've finally played a couple of hours of this and all I can say without spoiling anything is that they heavily refined Awakenings mechanics and the graphics are amazing

Nice, did you acquire the Japanese copy? Although the story is heavily criticized, considering the setting, I have heard alot of good stuffs about the gameplay itself. Huh, makes me think about how fans responded to Awakening.

I just seen a video on youtube showing the new designs of the classes and they're looking really nice. Although I kinda wish I hadn't since it makes waiting for the game even harder and we still have a long time to wait :$

I took a look at some gameplay videos, and I feel like the damage dealt by player units is pretty low, aside from standouts like Oboro and Takumi. Hinoka's damage output seems pretty disappointing.

Hoshido in general has fast, fragile units mixed in with glass cannons (with a few flat-out WTF this is disappointing units), while Nohr has more well-rounded (aka easily RNG screwed) to tanky, defensive units.

The exp grinding thing makes it difficult to impossible to pass certain level barriers.

On harder difficulties, it's a bit weird, because, from staff numbers.

Normal: 100%

Hard: 80%

Lunatic: 60%

Uhm, exactly what are these numbers? Is this saying you only get 80% and 60% of the normal EXP on Hard and Lunatic respectively?

Oh right, Like, I remember there was a point where basically every enemy in Invisible Kingdom had like two weapons, a normal and a ranged weapon, just to make life more difficult.

That reminds me, it bothers me that under each offensive weapon minus hidden weapons and spells are enemy-only weapons that are the same as your iron, steel and silver except with a 1-2 range.

Edited by BlueL

Uhm, exactly what are these numbers? Is this saying you only get 80% and 60% of the normal EXP on Hard and Lunatic respectively?

That reminds me, it bothers me that under each offensive weapon minus hidden weapons and spells are enemy-only weapons that are the same as your iron, steel and silver except with a 1-2 range.

I've only checked the staff numbers, Level 1 Sakura using a Bloom Festal gets 25 in Normal, 20 in Hard, 15 in Lunatic.

Azura's Dance EXP still seems the same though -_- I sense favoritism

I've only checked the staff numbers, Level 1 Sakura using a Bloom Festal gets 25 in Normal, 20 in Hard, 15 in Lunatic.

Azura's Dance EXP still seems the same though -_- I sense favoritism

LOL probably is favoritism, but couldn't it also be that the EXP scaling system works differently for weapons and dancing? I don't know how it worked in past games FE games.

Quick question to those who have the game. I noticed that one of the prologue bosses, who was an enemy-exclusive Ninja, had a unique portrait, overworld sprite, and battle model. Is that true for all of the enemy-exclusive bosses of the game?

Quick question to those who have the game. I noticed that one of the prologue bosses, who was an enemy-exclusive Ninja, had a unique portrait, overworld sprite, and battle model. Is that true for all of the enemy-exclusive bosses of the game?

It somewhat appears to be so, there are very few, if any "throwaway" bosses you face, aside from the boss of Chapter 3, every other boss is either a generic, a capturable boss, a boss from the other side, or some other npc boss with a face, etc.

I think it's because a lot of the Paralouge's bosses can be captured and thrown in jail.

You can do that even with the bandit duo this time. Can't wait to paly as one of them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think it's because a lot of the Paralouge's bosses can be captured and thrown in jail.

You can do that even with the bandit duo this time. Can't wait to paly as one of them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Interesting. Can captured units be released? I would only want to capture a unit to steal their weapon(s) if capturing kinda works like Thracia that way.

Yes, I think you can. You can release them, bribe them with materials and ask them to join you. But they probably are all scrubs. It doesn't work with all the bosses, though.

So, you automatically get their weapons when you capture them?