Does anyone know the requirements that must be fulfilled in order to have the characters who can die survive? Obviously there are some unavoidable ones, but I'm scared I will have to see some of my favourite characters die if I don't do it right. I am playing Conquest, but Birthright ones are also welcome.

I don't think there are scripted deaths in Conquest, but in Birthright in order to stop Kaze's death in ch.15 make sure he and Kamui have an A-support before you start ch.15.

Edit: By scripted deaths, I mean for playable characters, but Sakura in Conquest dies by alot faceless and I think there's a way to stop this.

Edited by I love fire emblem

I don't think there are scripted deaths in Conquest, but in Birthright in order to stop Kaze's death in ch.15 make sure he and Kamui have an A-support before you start ch.15.

I thought that

[spoiler=]

Sakura gets killed by Nosferatu in Conquest but can be avoided.

Edited by nordopolica

Great, now I'm extremely worried and I will look at tons of walkthroughs to ensure that certain characters won't die.

regarding Kaze's death, I think if you defeat the boss within seven turns or less, he'll live. I'm not completely sure, though.

Does anyone know if Elise's death can be prevented in Hoshido if you kill Garon in Chapter 12?

I think her death occurs regardless of what you do. She might pull an Emmeryn though, so who knows.

Great, now I'm extremely worried and I will look at tons of walkthroughs to ensure that certain characters won't die.

regarding Kaze's death, I think if you defeat the boss within seven turns or less, he'll live. I'm not completely sure, though.

I think her death occurs regardless of what you do. She might pull an Emmeryn though, so who knows.

The Seven turns thing was for Azura for the final chapter, and that was proven false. For Kaze to survive his death chapter (Hoshido?) you must have an A-Rank support with him before then.

The Seven turns thing was for Azura for the final chapter, and that was proven false. For Kaze to survive his death chapter (Hoshido?) you must have an A-Rank support with him before then.

Are you sure it was proven false? So there's nothing you can do to save her?

may I ask, where is the information confirming that Kaze must have an A Rank in his death chapter? I've looked it up but I haven't found anything…was it confirmed in a stream?

may I ask, where is the information confirming that Kaze must have an A Rank in his death chapter? I've looked it up but I haven't found anything…was it confirmed in a stream?

A user who has the game and A supported with him proved it.

Was probably me. Izzy in another thread had a hunch about it, so I got him up to an A support in my file and he lived, while a friend of mine didn't support him at all and he died in her playthrough.

Edited by Lushiris

• 2 months later...

During the start of chapter 18 in Invisible Kingdom, Crimson dies. This is scripted and doesn't seem to be avoidable.

Sakura does not get killed by faceless in Conquest.

Ryouma' death is unavoidable in Conquest.

Takumi's death is unavoidable in Conquest.

Elise's death is unavoidable in Birthright.

Marx's death is unavoidable in Birthright.

Kaze's death is avoidable in Birthright if you have an A support with him by chapter 15.

Azura's death is unavoidable in both Conquest and Birthright, but it happens right at the end of the last chapter. She will stay in your party as a playable character. She lives in the third route.

I've probably missed some, but this is what I remember about scripted deaths from my play through of the games.

• 10 months later...

WELL...I haven't beaten Revelations YET but it is true that when you have Kaze at A support in Birthright, he lives. There is no other way. Other deaths in Birthright are Elise, Xander, and Flora, all unavoidable. In Conquest, Ryoma, Takumi, and Scarlet die, however you do not see Scarlet die. In Revelations, from what I have seen, Scarlet dies and it is unavoidable. In BOTH Birthright and Conquest, Lilith dies and this is unavoidable too no matter how high of a level Lilith is. Azura does die in Birthright and in Conquest but you do not see her die in Conquest nor does you character know she is dead. You also have the option to kill Shura. If you do, you get boots but not the money you lose, if you don't you get Shura and he will not stab you in the back. You still don't get the money. Also killing Garon in the theater doesn't allow Elise or Xander to live. Garon just retreats.

Edited by Fireball1765

yo dude the thread was almost a year old if op hasn't figured it out by now they're in a pretty said state...