Main Aqua discussion thread.

Pepper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't say they screwed up, rembember that Japan doesn't view that as wrong

On other hand, isn't funny how are actually related by blood, but not in the way everyone thought?( Throught their mothers, instead of fathers)

Its nasty and absolutely makes things worse because they had a great concept going with choosing between your birthright and those you grew up with but once you mother dies before the split and IS reveals they are not your family just so you have more characters to boink it screws the whole thing over and yet they do this crap. I'm sorry if I am coming off a abrasive but this was the only match up with a Male Kamui that I was thought was any good but now I just cringe thinking about it.

Its nasty and absolutely makes things worse because they had a great concept going with choosing between your birthright and those you grew up with but once you mother dies before the split and IS reveals they are not your family just so you have more characters to boink it screws the whole thing over and yet they do this crap. I'm sorry if I am coming off a abrasive but this was the only match up with a Male Kamui that I was thought was any good but now I just cringe thinking about it.

While I don't agree with you about cousins, I understand your anger and I also think that they made the Hoshido sibilings not blood-related so you can marry them and satisfy a fetish.

What I was trying to say in my previous post, was that in this particular case, unlike the Hoshido sibilings, the fact that you can marry your cousin was not made to satisfy some fetish, at least not incest kind.

While I don't agree with you about cousins, I understand your anger and I also think that they made the Hoshido sibilings not blood-related so you can marry them and satisfy a fetish.

What I was trying to say in my previous post, was that in this particular case, unlike the Hoshido sibilings, the fact that you can marry your cousin was not made to satisfy some fetish, at least not incest kind.

This reveal has no purpose because apparently when Mikoto brings it up but it never addressed at all by anyone after that. Such a weight filled twist is pretty much thrown to the wayside so in the end there was no reason for it in the first place.

This reveal has no purpose because apparently when Mikoto brings it up but it never addressed at all by anyone after that. Such a weight filled twist is pretty much thrown to the wayside so in the end there was no reason for it in the first place.

I have to agree with you there, having such heavy twist revealed and dismissed just like that is weird,

But you know, isn't Shemnei a priestess of Hydra? Maybe they made Mikoto her sister to explain how Mikoto got close enough to Hydra to bear his child.

A weak theory I'll admit, but it's the only one I have now, I'll try to come with another and better theory later.

I have to agree with you there, having such heavy twist revealed and dismissed just like that is weird,

But you know, isn't Shemnei a priestess of Hydra? Maybe they made Mikoto her sister to explain how Mikoto got close enough to Hydra to bear his child.

A weak theory I'll admit, but it's the only one I have now, I'll try to come with another and better theory later.

I just want to believe that they were simply raised as sisters :/

It's weird thinking how after the Invisible Kingdom fell, both of them became queens of warring nations. And with all the talks that Shenmei had with Aqua as a child, I'm surprised it never came up.

Pepper is on a marathon with this route so hopefully tonight I can learn a bit more since we only have the summaries to go on.

I'm am angry with this turn of events, Aqua and Male!Kamui was one of the only match ups with any solid context while almost every other pairing for a Male Avatar was either awkward, poorly written, or just boring which is why I was excited for this route but to see IS do this just really shatters my hype for this game among the other issues I have with these games.

Relax, localization will almost certainly remove the mention of them being sisters.

Forget about that certain revelation we have more important things to talk about! Like the fact that we found out Azura's voice actress!!

It's a lady named Rena Strober!

Edited by Water Mage

So do we know if its mentioned again at all? Is it just that line?

Seriously this ruins every single one of my plans. I had my pairings all planned, out, a fanficiton I was planning that was heavily based on that pairing.

So do we know if its mentioned again at all? Is it just that line?

Seriously this ruins every single one of my plans. I had my pairings all planned, out, a fanficiton I was planning that was heavily based on that pairing.

I'm waiting on Pepper on any further news but for now I need to rewrite my game plan for pair ups now......

So Kamui and Aqua are cousins.

I know just who I am going to marry in the Neutral route! Are there any more marriage-able cousins or are we not Fire Emblem 4 yet?

Midoriko and Grey, and Ryoma's, Takumi's, Xander's and Leo's children with the children of their sisters.

So Kamui and Aqua are cousins.

I know just who I am going to marry in the Neutral route! Are there any more marriage-able cousins or are we not Fire Emblem 4 yet?

plenty of children units are cousins and you know what to do next. >.>

They are truly pleasing and pandering everyone with Fates.

plenty of children units are cousins and you know what to do next. >.>

They are truly pleasing and pandering everyone with Fates.

Considering Genealogy had the option to marry Ares and Nanna together along with Patty and Lester and Lana and Faval (Aaaaaall cousins) and there was a glitch to get Seliph and Julia as lovers (HALF-SIBLINGS! :D:D:D), this isn't new. Oh, and of course obligatory Arvis/Deirdre plot-point.

Why is their relation such an issue when it's not illegal in Japan, in various other countries of the world and even in some states of the US?

Is this purely based on beliefs and social stigma of the place people where raised in? I mean, if something as simple as that is enough to make you go "eew" then you really didn't like the pairing so much in the first place.

Even if you don't count Azura and Kamui, the sheer number of incest that can happen in gen 2 is something that could make Genealogy proud. You don't even need any effort to make Grey x Midoriko happen, for example. There's no escape from this when Kamui can marry Shigure or any other kid from Azura, or all the incest that can happen between the kids from the princes with any girl that happens to have a princess as their mom.

I don't want to start anything, but I just know people are going to blow this Azura thing out of proportion again while ignoring (or being ignorant) that this isn't an issue in the place the game was made - they're not trying to be as offensive as possible, it's just not illegal there. That or they'll go "waah waah how dare Japan not have the same cultural stigma as me!" and then demand for it to be changed anyway.

Why is their relation such an issue when it's not illegal in Japan, in various other countries of the world and even in some states of the US?

Is this purely based on beliefs and social stigma of the place people where raised in? I mean, if something as simple as that is enough to make you go "eew" then you really didn't like the pairing so much in the first place.

Even if you don't count Azura and Kamui, the sheer number of incest that can happen in gen 2 is something that could make Genealogy proud. You don't even need any effort to make Grey x Midoriko happen, for example. There's no escape from this when Kamui can marry Shigure or any other kid from Azura, or all the incest that can happen between the kids from the princes with any girl that happens to have a princess as their mom.

I don't want to start anything, but I just know people are going to blow this Azura thing out of proportion again while ignoring (or being ignorant) that this isn't an issue in the place the game was made - they're not trying to be as offensive as possible, it's just not illegal there. That or they'll go "waah waah how dare Japan not have the same cultural stigma as me!" and then demand for it to be changed anyway.

There really not much of problem beside some people here not being comfortable with it. Generally for me incest in fictional material is all fine and dandy but not everyone is like that (IRL cousins are fine but other blood relative like siblings is pushing it for me).

Edited by Awakener_