Question Regarding the amiibo (possible spoilers?)

Ben14

So I'm aware that using the amiibo in-game summons any of the four Fire Emblem amiibo to the My Castle aspect of the game. I also know that you can battle that character and have them "join your team". I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time grasping this, but does that mean they become playable characters within chapters/paralogues/skirmishes and whatnot? They have their own growth rates and levels? If so, is their more benefit to summoning them in the Hoshido game since you cant continuously use them in the overworld map for battles like this?

Thanks for any replies. The thought of using Ike and Lucina in this next game is so exciting.

Since there is this recent topic for Amiibos, let me ask here..

For those that have used the FE Amiibo with the game, is the content added by the Amiibo worth it to go out and buy some? Specifically Lucina and Robin.

While I have not used them, I know that you at least get two accessories in the accessory shop that are buyable for free, you can recruit them and with certain characters, they have certain dialogue.Also they have personalities unlike the Einherjar and unique skills and classes.

I don't have it, but from what I've seen, it's nothing special really. Of course, it might depend on the prices, but just buying it for the sake of getting it for the game isn't a good idea I think.

You don't really miss out on that much. If you like the characters and/or amiibo itself, then I suppose it's more reason to buy, but otherwise I would not recommend buying them

After they join your party, they become basically standard "extra" units. So, yes, you can use them in the story or skirmishes.

Each one adds an extra chapter too, which is the battle against them (and some grunts), with unique battle bgm too for them, which you need to beat to actually make them join. It's in this battle that Robin and Lucina have special conversations with the 3 returning Awakening characters.

They have their own unique models, classes, weapons (well, besides Robin, I guess) and VA for battles. They add an unique accessory like said above, and they have lines for some My Castle content, but don't have full access to it - they can't appear in anything support/bond related and are mostly limited to the stores. Also, oddly, they don't have lines for level ups.

They have no supports and we still don't know if they can free class change to make up for that though, so I don't know how viable they really are.

After they join your party, they become basically standard "extra" units. So, yes, you can use them in the story or skirmishes.

Each one adds an extra chapter too, which is the battle against them (and some grunts), with unique battle bgm too for them, which you need to beat to actually make them join. It's in this battle that Robin and Lucina have special conversations with the 3 returning Awakening characters.

They have their own unique models, classes, weapons (well, besides Robin, I guess) and VA for battles. They add an unique accessory like said above, and they have lines for some My Castle content, but don't have full access to it - they can't appear in anything support/bond related and are mostly limited to the stores. Also, oddly, they don't have lines for level ups.

They have no supports and we still don't know if they can free class change to make up for that though, so I don't know how viable they really are.

So its basically like the Spotpass teams in Awakening, but the uniqueness makes them better than the generic models of the Spotpass characters. Thanks for the info NeonZ.

Also, it looks like their unique classes are going to be made available through DLC, with Marth's Lodestar class and Lucina's Great Lord class having already proven to be available through at least one means.

The skills they have are as follows.

Lodestar: Marth's Class. Can use Swords (max rank S)

• Gentle Blade: Speed +3, Defence -1
  • Charm: Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage during battles
  • Guard Stance+: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, shield gauge gain +1
  • Speed Drain: When user defeats the enemy, Speed +2 (up to 10) (does not overlap with other Drain skills and expires after the chapter)

Great Lord: Lucina's Class. Can use Swords (max rank A) and Lances (max rank B)

• Charm: (same as in Lodestar)
  • Attack Stance+: When user is the support unit in Attack Stance, Dual Strike damage +3
  • Aether: Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering a Sol hit followed by a Luna hit
  • Awakening: When HP is under half, Hit rate, Avoid, Critical rate and Critical Evade +30

Vanguard: Ike's Class. Can use Swords (max rank A) and Axes (max rank B)

• Steel Blade: Strength +3, Speed -1
  • Veteran’s Intuition: Critical Evade +15 during battles
  • Aether: (same as in Great Lord)
  • Strength Drain: When user defeats the enemy, Strength +2 (up to 10) (does not overlap with other Drain skills and expires after the chapter)

Grandmaster: Robin's Class. Can use Tomes (max rank A) and Swords (max rank B)

• Tactical Guide: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, lead unit’s Hit rate +10
  • Solidarity: Adjacent allies receive Avoid +10 and Critical Evade +10
  • Ignis: Skill% chance of adding half the user’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage
  • Rally Spectrum: All Stats +2 to all allies within a 4 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used

Grunts? I think they get story based teams, like Marth starting paired up to a Paladin (Jagen), with two cavaliers also paired (Cain and Abel), a pegasus knight warrior (Shiida/Caeda), a knight (Draug) and an archer (Gordin).

So its basically like the Spotpass teams in Awakening, but the uniqueness makes them better than the generic models of the Spotpass characters. Thanks for the info NeonZ.

Exactly that.

Also, it looks like their unique classes are going to be made available through DLC, with Marth's Lodestar class and Lucina's Great Lord class having already proven to be available through at least one means.

I'm a little curious as to what means, exactly. I mean, are their classes accessed through a particular item? (e.g. Marth's Tiara) Edited by Just call me AL

Hm... the Amiibo can't reclass with Parallel Seals. They just seem to have no class sets, and their base class doesn't have split promotion (unlike recruited bosses), so they're stuck with their own initial class... Unless you use the DLC scrolls for special classes, like Dread Fighter. Then they can reclass into that (and go back to their original class with a parallel seal).

It's kind of odd that they generally seem much more well done than Awakening's past characters, but seem to have lost their biggest gameplay advantage. I guess Marth, Ike and Lucina still are pretty good with their unique skills (at least before their classes are released as DLC for the standard cast, and even then you can only get one seal per file) and exclusive use weapons, but Robin with nerfed Rally Spectrum and being unable to become a Rally Bot seems really crippled, even if he has an exclusive use Thoron.

Edited by NeonZ

Hm... the Amiibo can't reclass with Parallel Seals. They just seem to have no class sets, and their base class doesn't have split promotion (unlike recruited bosses), so they're stuck with their own initial class... Unless you use the DLC scrolls for special classes, like Dread Fighter. Then they can reclass into that (and go back to their original class with a parallel seal).

It's kind of odd that they generally seem much more well done than Awakening's past characters, but seem to have lost their biggest gameplay advantage. I guess Marth, Ike and Lucina still are pretty good with their unique skills (at least before their classes are released as DLC for the standard cast, and even then you can only get one seal per file) and exclusive use weapons, but Robin with nerfed Rally Spectrum and being unable to become a Rally Bot seems really crippled, even if he has an exclusive use Thoron.

At least their other skills seem broken. Like, Lucina's Awakening skill, which is basically just Wrath on steroids.

Like I said, Marth, Ike and Lucina have some great exclusive skills (at least before the Awakening DLC is officially announced and released), but Robin really seems lacking in comparison.

The skills they have are as follows.

Lodestar: Marth's Class. Can use Swords (max rank S)

• Gentle Blade: Speed +3, Defence -1
  • Charm: Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage during battles
  • Guard Stance+: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, shield gauge gain +1
  • Speed Drain: When user defeats the enemy, Speed +2 (up to 10) (does not overlap with other Drain skills and expires after the chapter)

Great Lord: Lucina's Class. Can use Swords (max rank A) and Lances (max rank B)

• Charm: (same as in Lodestar)
  • Attack Stance+: When user is the support unit in Attack Stance, Dual Strike damage +3
  • Aether: Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering a Sol hit followed by a Luna hit
  • Awakening: When HP is under half, Hit rate, Avoid, Critical rate and Critical Evade +30

Vanguard: Ike's Class. Can use Swords (max rank A) and Axes (max rank B)

• Steel Blade: Strength +3, Speed -1
  • Veteran’s Intuition: Critical Evade +15 during battles
  • Aether: (same as in Great Lord)
  • Strength Drain: When user defeats the enemy, Strength +2 (up to 10) (does not overlap with other Drain skills and expires after the chapter)

Grandmaster: Robin's Class. Can use Tomes (max rank A) and Swords (max rank B)

• Tactical Guide: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, lead unit’s Hit rate +10
  • Solidarity: Adjacent allies receive Avoid +10 and Critical Evade +10
  • Ignis: Skill% chance of adding half the user’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage
  • Rally Spectrum: All Stats +2 to all allies within a 4 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used

Thanks for the info. Do they come with their special weapons? I know someone said Robin gets Thoron but does Ike, Marth, and Lucina get access to Ragnell, Exhalted Falchion, and Parallel Falchion?

Thanks for the info. Do they come with their special weapons? I know someone said Robin gets Thoron but does Ike, Marth, and Lucina get access to Ragnell, Exhalted Falchion, and Parallel Falchion?

Yes. They are weapons exclusive to the Amiibo characters and can't be removed from them.

My brother informed me that the exclusive weapons to amiibo characters are not named after the characters' actual weapons, but more along the lines of "Ike's Weapon Replica" instead of Ragnell, or "Lucina's Weapon Replica" instead of Parallel Falchion. Is there truth behind this? Because if so, that sucks. He said they use their actual weapons (abilities and all) during the battles AGAINST them, but once you recruit them they don't posses those weapons anymore, and they get very watered down versions of said weapons with ridiculous "replica" names.

My brother informed me that the exclusive weapons to amiibo characters are not named after the characters' actual weapons, but more along the lines of "Ike's Weapon Replica" instead of Ragnell, or "Lucina's Weapon Replica" instead of Parallel Falchion. Is there truth behind this? Because if so, that sucks. He said they use their actual weapons (abilities and all) during the battles AGAINST them, but once you recruit them they don't posses those weapons anymore, and they get very watered down versions of said weapons with ridiculous "replica" names.

Oh is that true? I knew those Replica weapons existed but I thought they were just bonus items or something...yeah that does suck.

Oh is that true? I knew those Replica weapons existed but I thought they were just bonus items or something...yeah that does suck.

I knew both existed, but I assumed the replicas were an extra thing you could get via the amiibo being summoned to your store that anyone can use.

Edited by TheWerdna

They keep the real weapons. Watch this video, they use Ike, Lucina and Robin there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVU8ZoIffU

The replica weapons are the ones that they sell in the stores, I think.

Edited by NeonZ