I have some probable bad news about the USA/EURO release date

PuffPuff

http://www.play-asia.com/fire-emblem-fates-conquest/13/708xb9

USA and Europe won't get this till Dec next year. This may be an estimate, but...lets us hope that this isn't true. People on youtube are already complaining for the long wait that we have to endure for it! But...what do you guys think?

For me...I don't mind...but for some people... :/

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

I'd rather trust a more credible source on this.

It's play-asia and they earn money through players ordering the games from abroad. It's pretty clear why they'd be interested in making the players more desperate to play it early.

They just use December as a maximun date of 2016, like Amazon did. It will come out before (it better come ouf before ;-;)

But yeah this is not official, just "aproximate" as they know it will be in 2016 but not when.

They know it's releasing in 2016, so they put the date as the end of it so they can bring it forward when they get further information. If they claimed it was being released in, say, may and then nintendo released it in june people would understandably complain. Not entirely sure why they have to put a date at all, but I guess there's probably a reason since everyone does.

Even just thinking about it logically disproves this. Nintendo Treehouse proves that they started the localization process awhile ago as well as just thinking "what could they possibly be changing that would require a year and a half to do?"

Redundant by now but... placeholder date. You gave me quite a scare.

Other than Reggie's statement about the games shown on E3, does anybody have a more definite source of Fates's Q1 release date?

It was at E3 so it will be coming out in the first half of next year.

EDIT: Or slightly possible the end of this year (Not likely at all though)

Edited by Shadow.X

Tara-kun's avatar isn't spoilers, is it...?

I have been lurking in these forums to get just that reaction. You just made my day :)

I am gonna be a fun-burglar and say that we don't have confirmation that it will be released in Q1 2016. The games shown on E3 extends to the FIRST HALF of 2016, which includes both Q1 and Q2. For all we know, they could release it on June 25th 2016.

EDIT: I retract that. Reggie stated that they showed games that would be released in a period of six-to-eight months.

Edited by Taka-kun

I have been lurking in these forums to get just that reaction. You just made my day :)

I am gonna be a fun-burglar and say that we don't have confirmation that it will be released in Q1 2016. The games shown on E3 extends to the FIRST HALF of 2016, which includes both Q1 and Q2. For all we know, they could release it on June 25th 2016.

EDIT: I retract that. Reggie stated that they showed games that would be released in a period of six-to-eight months.

I don't buy Reggie's comments. Fire Emblem Fates may come out soon, but Atlus FE too? That one will be out in late 2015 in Japan, so I doubt it...

On december of next year there will be a NX console that will have replaced our 3ds..

There is NO WAY in this wolrd that this game will come on "late 2016"

On december of next year there will be a NX console that will have replaced our 3ds..

This sets it.

There is no way that they'd announce something that'd take more than a year to do. Not even Xenoblade Chronicles X and Starfox Wii-U will take this long. They have more staff members than we do. Just for turning Jap text into ours shouldn't take more than a year at most to do which release of this should happen somewhat around summer. But...for actual voicing...well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NybBZaVRtAU

20:17
Well...with actual voicing....

Nice to have a Nintendo mascot...too.

(People are already complaining for the long wait that we have to endure on it upon the Youtube comments!)

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Correction: They said they'd talk about the NX next year. I expect 2017 for that, but that's a whole different topic.

Anyway, seeing as we know this is an obvious placeholder date (Smash for Wii U had a December 31st, 2015 placeholder one for awhile), I see this as nothing but scaremongering.

Thanks Ayanami.